More is Less. Add food to your diet. Yup, you heard me, alrighty! I’m telling you to eat more…
Fruits and vegetables that is!
If you want to feel sated, satisfied, full … NOT hungry … then fruits and veggies are your ticket.
1. How About a V8? Try one for your 3 p.m. afternoon snack. I love the spicy kind with a couple of celery sticks sticking out of it. Yum delicious plus chomping action!
2. Toss In veggies into your soups, stews and salads.
3. Baby Spinach. Use prebagged baby spinach just like you would lettuce, AND toss it into your soups, wilted on top of pasta! That’s my favorite. With a little parmesan cheese. WOW!
4. For those of us who are on the run or have chopping problems (I do! Peter, my husband is the designated chopper in the house), buy vegetables that are already cut up. I know it costs more, but if that’s the only way you are going to eat more veggies, it’s worth it. (Skip the $4 cup of coffee!).
5. Did you know that vegetable soup counts as a vegetable? WOW!!!
6. Lettuce, tomato and sprouts oh My! Feel free to pile up layers and layers on your sandwiches. You can add a layer of cucumber, too. What else? Get creative. Go for it!
7. If you are not a fan of vegetables, eat fruit! Colorful, beautiful and juicy fruit – like oranges mangoes and melons. They are filled with vitamins and fiber, too.
Get chompin’ this holiday season. Bring a tray of crudite with you to parties. Come armed with your celery sticks! You are worth the effort!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach, Author, Columnist and 50-pound big-time-loser.
Interested in one-on-one coaching? Write Janice for a free consult.
Want more information on how YOU CAN wake up THINNER on New Year’s Day? Christmas Diet
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Thanksgiving Food News: THE TOP 20 U.S. STATES THAT LOVE GREEN-BEAN CASSEROLE
- 26 Thanksgiving Quotes — After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.
- SAY WHAT? Student Refuses To Be Weighed; Sent to Principal
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: How to Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Minutes?
- Puzzled? A Sinfully Satisfying Thanksgiving Guide!
- Thanksgiving QUIZ: How Ill-Mannered Are YOU?
- Peeved! OLD NAVY CHARGES MORE FOR PLUS-SIZE CLOTHES!
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Hot off The Griddle Banana, Peanut Butter Sandwich
- #OneWord Thursday: #Reality Can Be Beaten With Enough Imagination.
- You Cannot Hate Yourself This, Can You?