Chocolate knocking at your door? by Janice Taylor
Last night, there was a knock, knock, knockin’ at my door. I opened the door … (first mistake).
The Inn’s proprietor sent a little box of designer chocolates on a tray with a small amount of port to accompany it. Chocolate and Port! Knocking at my door!!!
Somehow or another, I forgot how to say “no, thank you.” It slipped my mind!! It wasn’t until after I’d finished the chocolate and the port that I remembered.
Should chocolate and port come knocking at your door, here is your guide to ‘no, thank you’ … no excuses now – for me either, I’ve got it all covered.
ne hvala * Croatian
nej tak * Danish
nee dank u * Dutch
ei kiitos * Finnish
non merci * French
nein danke * German
no grazie * Italian
no grazie * Norwegian
não obrigado * Portuguese
nu multumesc * Romanian
no, gracias * Spanish
and when all else fails, try …
no, thank you * English
At the end of the day, a small piece of chocolate and sip of port wasn’t a big deal.
All is forgiven … Move On!!!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
* * *
Sign up for The Christmas Diet and wake up Thinner on New Year’s Day!
Janice Taylor is a Life & Wellness Coach, Cert. Hypnotist, Author, Columnist, Seminar Leader and 50-pound big-time-loser (even though she has chocolate now and again!).
Write Janice for a Free Life Consult!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos
- #OneWord Thursday: 12 Ways to Fuel #Abundance
- A Quick Fix!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Autumnal Hypnagogia – How to touch the sun, reach for the stars, open your heart, follow your dreams!
- Puzzled? A JigSaw Mind Twister – “You Can Never Lick Cake”
- Eat This: Be Happy – 6 Super Mood Boosters
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 #Synchronistic Happenings, Meaningful Coincidences, Cubic Centimeters of Chance
- Water: Nature’s Cure-All?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Under Attack?
- Puzzled? 3 Eggs Splatter…