Chocolate knocking at your door? by Janice Taylor
Last night, there was a knock, knock, knockin’ at my door. I opened the door … (first mistake).
The Inn’s proprietor sent a little box of designer chocolates on a tray with a small amount of port to accompany it. Chocolate and Port! Knocking at my door!!!
Somehow or another, I forgot how to say “no, thank you.” It slipped my mind!! It wasn’t until after I’d finished the chocolate and the port that I remembered.
Should chocolate and port come knocking at your door, here is your guide to ‘no, thank you’ … no excuses now – for me either, I’ve got it all covered.
ne hvala * Croatian
nej tak * Danish
nee dank u * Dutch
ei kiitos * Finnish
non merci * French
nein danke * German
no grazie * Italian
no grazie * Norwegian
não obrigado * Portuguese
nu multumesc * Romanian
no, gracias * Spanish
and when all else fails, try …
no, thank you * English
At the end of the day, a small piece of chocolate and sip of port wasn’t a big deal.
All is forgiven … Move On!!!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
* * *
Sign up for The Christmas Diet and wake up Thinner on New Year’s Day!
Janice Taylor is a Life & Wellness Coach, Cert. Hypnotist, Author, Columnist, Seminar Leader and 50-pound big-time-loser (even though she has chocolate now and again!).
Write Janice for a Free Life Consult!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Of Vital Importance: Is your “Mouth of Chi” blocked, cluttered or just plain messy?
- Beautiful Quote Day: Be an oxygen giving tree.
- Screw the Bathroom Scale: 6 Ways to Build Self-Confidence
- Be a Good “Body Listener”
- How to Let Go of Who You Are and Become What You Might Be!
- Dysfunctional Chef: ZUCCHINI and Carrot MUFFINS Oh My!
- This Friendship Day: How to Dump Your Toxic Friends :)
- How to Be Eccentric, Clunky and Chunky.
- Green Tea helps to …. Burn Fat NOW!
- Does NAMBY-PAMBY Fit You? -or- Buy a Doormat; Don’t Be One!