On Your Mark, Get Ready, GO HEALTHY! – Simple and Easy Tips by Janice Taylor, Life & Wellness Coach, Certified Hypnotist, Syndicated Columnist, Seminar Leader, 50-pound big-time-loser. (Write Janice for free consult!)
People ask me about my eating habits. They’re curious about what lifestyle changes one has to make to permanently removed excess weight (a.k.a. lose weight). So, I thought I’d ask Our Lady of Weight Loss to put together her top 13 (a baker’s dozen) tips! And … here they are! Nothing dramatic, but each and every one hugely important!!! Small changes = Big results!
13 Top Tips from Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kitchen
1. Add dried fruits to baked goods.
2. Substitute apple sauce or mashed bananas instead of butter.
3. Instead of globbing on the butter, use olive oil.
4. Saute vegetables in vegetable juice.
5. Squeeze a fresh lemon on your salad, in lieu of salad dressing.
6. Make a list of your favorite fruits and vegetables and then seek out recipes! If you like banans (and chocolate), try “A Royal Flush” bananas! (see recipe below from my first book, Our Lady of Weight Loss).
7. Air popped popcorn is high in fiber and low in calories.
8. Add veggies whenever possible. To stews, sandwiches, casseroles and salads.
9. Try more fruit desserts (fresh, stewed, and cobblers) instead of cakes and cookies.
10. Remove deep-fried from your vocabulary! Roast, grill, broil, grill, bake, poach, steam, and stir-fry! Resolve to remove deep-fried from your vocabulary, now!
11. Eat unpeeled fruit! The nutrients are in the peel!
12. Use evaporated skim milk in place of half-and-half. Lasts a lot longer, too!
13. Create a healthy pantry. Keep canned beans on hand: chick peas (garbanzo), black beans, black-eyed peas, pink bean, pinto beans, red or kidney beans.
A Royal Flush (a.k.a. Chocolate Banana Delight!)
1 medium banana
5 chocolate chips, dark chocolate
1 tbsp slivered almonds, toasted
1 tsp cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. With the help of a paring knife carefully open the middle part of the banana, making sure the top and bottom is left intact. Press slightly to open banana. Make five incisions. Place banana on a piece of foil.
3. Press chocolate chips into the incisions and top with almonds
4. Dust with cocoa powder and close the foil around the banana; making a small package
• Bake in oven 15-20 minutes.
Spread the word, NOT the icing,
Write Janice for free ‘life’ consult!
Follow Janice on Twitter! Food facts. tips and motivation throughout the day!
Workshops! Come, play with me!
Free Our Lady of Weight Loss E-Cards! Spread the FUN word!
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Pick up a copy of Janice’s latest: All Is Forgiven, Move ON ~ Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville!
” . . . . kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine