Wise Crackin’ and Young at Heart by Janice Taylor, Life & Wellness Coach, Cert. Hypnotist, Author, Columnist and 50-pound big-time-loser.
Dr. Andrew Weill, whom I absolutely adore for so many reasons – his voice, his beard, his impressive knowledge – (Did you hear that Dr. Weill? I heart you!!), writes about aging gracefully. His steps include breathing, connecting to nature, listening to inspiring music, having contact with loved ones. Good points, well taken, each and every one.
My mom, Harriet, is 92 years young (some of you have already ‘met’ her; she is legendary in these pages), and I thought I’d share Dr. Weill’s aging gracefully points with her and see if she concurred, if she had anything she wanted to add to the list! And, well – of course, she did!
Top Ten Longevity Tips Straight from the Mouth of The Almost Ancient Wise Woman
1. Surround yourself with friends. The ones who are still living.
2. Read all the time; romance novels primarily – with happy endings. I’d prefer to read about sex. I’ve looked around, and believe me, reading about it is better than doing it with what’s available.
3. Watch news only once a day, or I’d be stark staring mad.
4. I don’t bother my children. I’m the ideal mother. I don’t haunt them. I would never come uninvited, even if you lived one block away.
5. I don’t over eat, but I don’t eat health food like you all do.
6. I have a good disposition. Don’t get depressed. Sad here and there, but don’t let it carry into my every day life.
7. Watch television selectively. Not all day long. Particularly like Oprah, tremendously. Don’t you?
8. That’s enough? Isn’t it … oh, I’m not a big shopper – don’t buy a lot of clothes. I manage to look all right.
9. Keep sadness out of my conversations with friends. Focus on what’s good in life. Should one of the ladies get maudlin, I change the topic.
10. You want to know what my big trick is … my ‘secret’ to living long? Don’t die! (peels of laughter … she cracks herself up.)
Spread the word, NOT the icing,
Write Janice for free ‘life’ consult!
Follow Janice on Twitter! Food facts. tips and motivation throughout the day!
Workshops! Come, play with me!
Free Our Lady of Weight Loss E-Cards! Spread the FUN word!
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Pick up a copy of Janice’s latest: All Is Forgiven, Move ON ~ Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville!
” . . . . kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine