The Exhausted Modern World.
The modern world puts enormous value on being as productive as humanly possible, which translates into working through lunch, staying late at the office, scheduling play-dates up the wazoo (or is it gazoo?), taking extra classes. …. You name it, and we’re trying to fit it into our schedules. Our calendars are about to go up in smoke!
It almost feels punishing, doesn’t it?
When exhausted you function less efficiently, feel frustrated, overwhelmed, and guess what … you eat way more. Your body is sending signals that you are low on energy, because it needs more fuel to keep going!
Downtime/Nap Time: A Natural Part of Your Day.
Napping is an opportunity for our minds and body to take a break. Many mammals take naps; and in other parts of the world, napping a.k.a. siestas are worked into the daily routine.
Napping Promotes Health and Well-Being:
30 minute naps promote physical well-being, improve memory and mood;
20 minute naps sharpen your senses and revitalize you; and
10 minute naps can improve mood … feel happy!
If possible, take a nap at the same time every day and use an alarm clock (initially, anyway, until it becomes a part of your routine).
New point of view: Napping is essential to my well-being. It’s okay to crawl up in a corner for a few minutes and close my eyes.
Spread the word, NOT the icing!
Follow Janice on Twitter! Food facts. tips and motivation throughout the day!
Workshops! Come, play with me!
Free Our Lady of Weight Loss E-Cards! Spread the FUN word!
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Pick up a copy of Janice’s latest: All Is Forgiven, Move ON ~ Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville!
” . . . . kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Thanksgiving Food News: THE TOP 20 U.S. STATES THAT LOVE GREEN-BEAN CASSEROLE
- 26 Thanksgiving Quotes — After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.
- SAY WHAT? Student Refuses To Be Weighed; Sent to Principal
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: How to Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Minutes?
- Puzzled? A Sinfully Satisfying Thanksgiving Guide!
- Thanksgiving QUIZ: How Ill-Mannered Are YOU?
- Peeved! OLD NAVY CHARGES MORE FOR PLUS-SIZE CLOTHES!
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Hot off The Griddle Banana, Peanut Butter Sandwich
- #OneWord Thursday: #Reality Can Be Beaten With Enough Imagination.
- You Cannot Hate Yourself This, Can You?