I’ll Have a Platterful of Life, Pretty Please with a Cherry On Top! by Janice Taylor, Life & Wellness Coach, Cert. Hypnotist, Author, Columnist, Teacher and 50-pound big-time-loser.
This week’s Jiggy JigSaw Sundae (oops, Freudian typo) is served with a Cherry on Top.
As summer comes to an end, and a part of me begins to feel ‘blue’ (I LOVE summer and I’m hanging onto it for dear life through October, at the very least.), I decided to serve up this holiday weekend with a Cherry on Top, metaphorically speaking.
In doing so, I inadvertently stumbled upon a fun and easy way to boost happiness. Here’s how it works. You simply embrace the theme of adding a ‘Cherry on Top’ to each and every aspect of your day. Just one little extra somethin’ somethin’ to make it a little more special!
Here follows a couple of thing I did yesterday to add a ‘cherry on top.’ Who knows what today will bring!!
1. The Sounds of Silence. It is my habit to jump out of bed, brew a strong cup of joe and get busy. But today, I added a silent cherry. I made my coffee, poured it into a cherry red mug and sat in silence. Wow, what a gift! The sounds of silence!
2. Candles Burning Everywhere. Instead of lighting one or two aromatherapy candles, I lit a forrest of them in my living room last night. What an extraordinary treat – the sight and smell!
3. Heavy on the Exotic Relish. I went hog wild and splurged on gourmet relish for the weekend. It was stupid expensive, but you know what … it added taste, color and fun to my veggie burger!
4. Leopard Spots. In route to a party, we passed an outlet mall and made a quick hard right. Screech! I treated myself to a few pairs of leopard panties!
5. Flowers Everywhere. While strolling the local Farmer’s Market, I picked up 3 (yup, count ‘em 3) bouquets of flowers. When I got home I separated them into ten smaller bouquets, put them in vases and carefully placed them throughout my home. Wow! A happy burst of color, texture and nature’s beauty everywhere!! Quite the Cherry!
How will you add a Cherry On Top to your day?
Please comment below. So FUN to hear your thoughts!
Spread the word, NOT the icing!
Write Janice for free ‘life’ consult!
Follow Janice on Twitter! Food facts. tips and motivation throughout the day!
Workshops! Come, play with me!
Free Our Lady of Weight Loss E-Cards! Spread the FUN word!
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Pick up a copy of Janice’s latest: All Is Forgiven, Move ON ~ Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville!
” . . . . kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine