Misha McGlown, author of Manifesting Things: Making Your Way When There Is No Way, shares her thoughts with Janice Taylor on how to free yourself from your self-imposed bondage and move into the light of love through prayer.
Manifest Your Destiny through Prayer
Misha is an ordinary woman. She is not an expert, nor scholar, priestess, not even a guru … just an ordinary woman who pulled herself up and out and finally into the light.
“I was in bondage to my poor choices of yesterday. Yes, I ruined a perfectly good credit rating. Yes, I missed many opportunities. True, I was a procrastinator. I made lots of big messes for a lot of years.
“When calling upon God’s intervention, we tend to expect a problem to suddenly disappear. This is not likely to occur. The truth is, when we invite The Divine in we are inviting our own growth. And, growth is most often accompanied by growing pains.
“When we ask for change in any situation, we are yearning change in ourselves. Prayer is proactive. It’s about making the first move, then watching The Creative Forces come together on your behalf. You can’t ask God to help you lose weight with a Twinkie in hand. You have to meet a prayer halfway; take some part in bringing it to fruition.
How to Pray:
• Incorporate prayer into your daily life. Make it a habit!
• Immerse yourself fully in the moment. Send a half-hearted prayer and you will get a half-hearted response.
• Remember, prayers aren’t always answered in the ways in which we are expecting. Be open.
• Praying is proactive. Meet your prayer halfway.
• Give thanks for what you have.
• Give thanks in advance for what is to come!
“Prayer is a conviction, a thought, a vibration of sound carrying a petition or thought to the Creative Forces of the Universe. Anything that you dwell on, give voice and energy to, or move towards with strong intention, presents itself to The Universe as prayer.”
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Hot Off the Press: Microsoft Bra to End Emotional Eating?
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Scrumptious Sausage Stuffed Butternut Squash
- #OneWord Thursday: #Visualize a Happy Holiday In the Bath
- Video: How to Get Back on It and Lose It…FAST
- Puzzled? 9 Tips: Have a Sexy Holiday
- Gratitude: Thanksgiving Side Dish or Main Event?
- Thanksgiving Prayer
- Thanksgiving: You and Your Relatives!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: 7 Solid, Strong, Smart Thanksgiving Tips
- Puzzled? A Sinfully, Satisfying Tasting Guide to Thanksgiving