In an effort to understand people who insist upon using BIG words, this Beliefnet blogger signed up for Word of The Day from Dictionary.com
I LOVE FAT … words!
I am particularly enamored with ‘fat’ and ‘food’ words. I find them totally satisfying and amusing. And sitting down with pen and paper in hand, and crafting a good sentence or two is, indeed, a way to exercise one’s brain as well as … (drum roll, please) … commit a Creative Act of Weight Loss!
Creative Act of Weight Loss:
A time consuming, brain expanding, waist reducing, non-food activity that sends subtle, yet powerful, permanent fat removal messages to your subconscious mind, thus, changing your point of view … foreva’!
Here is today’s word! Get your utensils out (pen and paper) and have yourself a yummy good time!
embonpoint \ahn-bohn-PWAN\, noun:
Plumpness of person; stoutness
Embonpoint is from French, literally “in good condition” (en, “in” + bon, “Good” + point, situation, condition).
With his embonpoint, Mr Soames appears to be wearing a quadruple-breasted suit.
— Simon Hoggart, “Roll up, roll up, to explore the Soames Zone”, The Guardian, February 1, 2000
His embonpoint expands by the day and his eyes are buried in the fat of his cheeks.
— quoted in Goethe: The Poet and the Age: Revolution and Renunciation by Nicholas Boyle
Try embonpoint on for size!!! See if anyone knows what you ‘re talkin’ about.
Here’s my sentence: His embonpoint expanded before our very eyes, as we shopped in the new food market in Grand Central Station.
Spread the word (NOT the icing)!
Delicious Creative Acts of Weight Loss are plentiful in the Kick in the Tush Club community.
Want to blow the fat cells out of your mind? Read All Is Forgiven, Move ON!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Double Feature: Sweet Surrender Guide to Halloween and No Sugar Halloween Treats
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Halloween, Primary Point of Entry to the Holiday Season?
- Puzzled? Dark, Dangerous, Spooktacular Bats!
- Eat This: Be Smart – You Don’t Have to Be Einstein Tuna Casserole
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 (a baker’s dozen) Quotes to Ignite Your #Inner-Child
- Our Lady of Weight Loss’s A Baker’s Dozen: Thirteen Ways to Reward Yourself at the End of a Hard Day as you Revel in the Glory of Your Greatness!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Turnips, Weight Loss Handicaps and Gym Bunnies?
- Puzzled? She Pulled a Rabbit Out of Her Hat?
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos
- #OneWord Thursday: 12 Ways to Fuel #Abundance