Which would you prefer to do today? Beat stress or cultivate inner-peace? Calming words from Janice Taylor.
Words have an amazingly strong affect on our bodies and minds. Our unconscious mind (also known as subconscious) processes the words we hear in a very literal and direct fashion. Then, in turn, we put these words, associations and thoughts to work, effecting the way in which we navigate the day.
Take a moment to ‘feel’ the words. Pay attention to your mind and body as you say ‘Beat Stress.’ And now … ‘Cultivate Inner-Peace’. Which set of words do you imagine will bring peace into your life today?
We now begin to cultivate inner-peace simply by choosing the words ‘cultivate inner-peace.’ You can open your mind and body to peace and serenity as these calming words begin to lead you towards inner-peace.
BREATHE, WALK and TALK Inner-Peace
Focus on Your Breathing. Sit comfortably and observe your breath. Breathe in and out through your nose and allow all the hundreds of tiny muscles around your mouth to relax, allowing your lips to gently touch and your jaw to loosen. As you inhale, allow your stomach to rise; as you exhale allow your body to relax into its center. Follow your breath. In and out, for one minute, two or more.
Walk the Walk. Slowly and purposefully stroll for a block or two, focusing your mind on each step, noticing how the heel, ball and toe touch the ground. Allow the thoughts to pass through with the clouds, gently bringing your attention back to your stroll.
Talk the Talk. Sister Teresa, when asked if she would march in an anti-war protest, declined. She said that she would have nothing to do with war. However, she would walk for peace. Notice the words you use and their affect on your body and mind. Use gentle, kind, loving and peaceful words.
Spread the peaceful word (NOT the icing!),
For more peace and love, join the Kick in the Tush Club community!
Pick up a copy of ALL IS FORGIVEN, MOVE ON
and visit Our Lady of Weight Loss.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- 15 Halloween Quotes: Lick Something Sweet, Laugh Like a Witch, Zuk Blood
- Double Feature: Sweet Surrender Guide to Halloween and No Sugar Halloween Treats
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Halloween, Primary Point of Entry to the Holiday Season?
- Puzzled? Dark, Dangerous, Spooktacular Bats!
- Eat This: Be Smart – You Don’t Have to Be Einstein Tuna Casserole
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 (a baker’s dozen) Quotes to Ignite Your #Inner-Child
- Our Lady of Weight Loss’s A Baker’s Dozen: Thirteen Ways to Reward Yourself at the End of a Hard Day as you Revel in the Glory of Your Greatness!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Turnips, Weight Loss Handicaps and Gym Bunnies?
- Puzzled? She Pulled a Rabbit Out of Her Hat?
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos