A Picture IS Worth a Thousand Words (and can miraculously remove 3 ounces of excess weight) by Janice Taylor, Beliefnet Blogger.
Food journaling keeps us honest. It helps us to keep track of what we eat and identify when and why we eat. In other words, keeping a food journal can shed light on our eating habits. Statistics show that those who keep food journals are more successful at losing weight and keeping it off (permanent fat removal) than those who do not.
Early on (seven years ago), at the beginning of my permanent fat removal journey, I wondered how illuminating it might be if I photographed everything (and I mean everything) that I ate. From full-course meals to bites, licks and tastes. Would I eat less? Be more honest? Gain a different kind of insight that journal writing doesn’t provide?
What did I learn about myself, and my (dysfunctional) relationship with food? Plenty!
1. I am a multi-tasker, extraordinaire! I can eat and read; eat and talk; eat and watch TV.
2. I am a grazer. I eat all day long. (Ran out of batteries one day!)
3. I love being a FOTO FOOD JOURNALIST. Hooray! Another fabulous thing to add to my resume!
I invite YOU to grab your camera … digital, disposable or analog (the old fashioned kind) and see your habits, your food, your weighs in black and white or color!
Supplies: Camera; food
Instructions: Photograph everything you eat. Don’t concern yourself with what other people think. If you’re out with friends or at an important business meeting, I am sure all will be impressed with your artistic and creative nature! Just tell them, “I am a Foto Food Journalist.”
When you get the photos back from the lab or download them onto your computer, take a good look and make a list of things that you’ve learned about yourself.
You might be surprised to see how healthy your eating habits are … or not!
Above all, just have FUN.
Spread the word (NOT the icing),
For more Tush Kickin’ action go to OLofWL’s Kick in the Tush Club.
And be sure to pick up a copy of the best permanent fat book ever written!
ALL IS FORGIVEN, MOVE ON: 101 Fat-Burning Steps for Your Journey to Sveltesville
It’s time for you to MOVE ON … into your “LITE.” Isn’t it?
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Of Vital Importance: Is your “Mouth of Chi” blocked, cluttered or just plain messy?
- Beautiful Quote Day: Be an oxygen giving tree.
- Screw the Bathroom Scale: 6 Ways to Build Self-Confidence
- Be a Good “Body Listener”
- How to Let Go of Who You Are and Become What You Might Be!
- Dysfunctional Chef: ZUCCHINI and Carrot MUFFINS Oh My!
- This Friendship Day: How to Dump Your Toxic Friends :)
- How to Be Eccentric, Clunky and Chunky.
- Green Tea helps to …. Burn Fat NOW!
- Does NAMBY-PAMBY Fit You? -or- Buy a Doormat; Don’t Be One!