How much happiness is enough? Are we too happy? Am I too happy? (Something new for me to fret over; add to my list of neuroses.)A recent and interesting study, which caught my happy eye, published in December in the journal of Perspectives on Psychological Science indicates that â€“ on the one hand – the happiest individuals in their four studies went on to have lower levels of income, academic achievement, and job satisfaction than did people who say that were only â€œmoderatelyâ€ happy.On the other hand, those who experienced the highest levels of happiness had more friends, felt more centered, balanced and stable, were successfully in a long-term relationship, and were more likely to give unto others (i.e. volunteer).According to Shigehiro Oishi, one of he authorâ€™s of this study, those who exhibit moderate amounts of happiness strive for more, something better. It fuels them to move forward. However, when one reaches their highest level of happiness, there may be a moment when they look at their partners as less than ideal. Perhaps, they think, there is something better out there! From this â€˜happy idiotâ€™ to you: Itâ€™s NOT BAD to be happy! While it is true that it is a challenge to maintain â€˜10â€™sâ€™ in all areas of your life simultaneously, I do believe we can learn strategies to manage it all and have it all. Donâ€™t worry. Be happy. What do you think about happiness? How happy are you? And if youâ€™re not happy, are you now happy to know that it might not be such a bad thing???? Twist your mind around that! Leave a comment below and visit the Kick in the Tush Club community to discuss amongst yourselves.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- 15 Halloween Quotes: Lick Something Sweet, Laugh Like a Witch, Zuk Blood
- Double Feature: Sweet Surrender Guide to Halloween and No Sugar Halloween Treats
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Halloween, Primary Point of Entry to the Holiday Season?
- Puzzled? Dark, Dangerous, Spooktacular Bats!
- Eat This: Be Smart – You Don’t Have to Be Einstein Tuna Casserole
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 (a baker’s dozen) Quotes to Ignite Your #Inner-Child
- Our Lady of Weight Loss’s A Baker’s Dozen: Thirteen Ways to Reward Yourself at the End of a Hard Day as you Revel in the Glory of Your Greatness!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Turnips, Weight Loss Handicaps and Gym Bunnies?
- Puzzled? She Pulled a Rabbit Out of Her Hat?
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos