Are you stressed? Irritable? Having trouble sleeping? Do you feel like screaming? Crying? Pouring a jug of water over your boss’s head?
We all feel stressed from time to time, so it is essential to have an arsenal of coping mechanisms at hand. Instead of heading for the refrigerator, here are some stress management tips that should help ease the pressures of life!
Breathe. No kidding! Taking in a few deep cleansing breaths and slowing down does wonders. Are you ready? Breathe deep…. inhale, exhale. Ahhhhhh.
Change your routine. Shake it up baby. If you’ve been sitting all day, get up! Let’s get physical! Stretch. Walk. And … if you’ve been lifting heavy boxes (anyone out there lifting???), then sit down and take a load off. Think deep thoughts.
Keep things in perspective. When you find yourself in an emotional twist, ask yourself … “Will this matter in ten years? Five years? Tomorrow? In ten minutes?”
Smile and Laugh. Every chance you get. (Laugh lines are sexy!)
Add Vitamin C to your diet. Studies show that vitamin C knocks out the secretion of stress hormones.
Pray: Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. ~ Isaiah 26:3 KJV
Chant: Aum Mani Padme Hum (pronounced “Om mahnay pahdmay hoom”). The most popular translation is “Hail the Jewel in the Lotus.”
Have Fun: Enter the FORGIVENESS GIVEAWAY now! Win ME!
How do you let go of stress? Leave a Comment below, please!
And visit the Kick in the Tush Club community (I’ve just added the “Dump Your Stress Here” post.)
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Chick Pea Curry
- #OneWord Thursday: 9 Simple But Not Easy Quotes to Chew On This Holiday Season
- Chewing the Fat: What’s Your Worst Thing Ever?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: 2015 – Manifesting Your Dreams
- Click Yourself Thin: Happy and Delicious Weight Loss
- Cooking Up a Healthy Storm: Christmas Carrot Risotto
- #OneWord Thursday: An Invitation to Lower Your #Expectations
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Out of Control? You are not alone…
- Holiday Puzzle? Happiness Served Up Simple and Plentiful
- #OneWord Thursday: #Holiday Quotes – Blessed Is the Season