Hump-Day is fast becoming my favorite day of the week. I look forward to Our Lady of Weight Loss’s video du jour. It always brings a smile to my face. And her Righteous Recipes are YUM-delicious. I made today’s Righteous Recipe for breakfast, although it could be a lunch item or even a dessert. I adore easy, low-cal, low-fat Yum delicious recipes. Speaking of which, check out my post about recipes. Let’s get the swap a goin’.Righteous Recipe: Enchanted Muffin . . .Ingredients: 4 light English muffins (100 calories per muffin)1 tablespoon of lemon zestjuice from 1/2 fresh lemon4 Tbs. light brown sugar (or sugar substitute)2 cups of sliced strawberry and/or blueberries (any berry will do)4 Tbs. of light cream cheese (reduced fat)Directions:Pop the light English muffin in the toaster.In a saucepan, over a high heat, mix together lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar, stirring until the sugar melts and bubbles. About one minute.Lower the heat a bit; add berries; and stir until they are heated through.Spread 1/2 tablespoon of light cream cheese on each slice of toasted English muffin. Top with warm berries. Enjoy. Two open halves per serving. YUM!Serves 4; approximately 130 calories per serving.For more YUM-delicious Righteous Recipes, pick up a copy of Our Lady of Weight Loss’s books (see side bar).
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- #OneWord Thursday: 9 Simple But Not Easy Quotes to Chew On This Holiday Season
- Chewing the Fat: What’s Your Worst Thing Ever?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: 2015 – Manifesting Your Dreams
- Click Yourself Thin: Happy and Delicious Weight Loss
- Cooking Up a Healthy Storm: Christmas Carrot Risotto
- #OneWord Thursday: An Invitation to Lower Your #Expectations
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Out of Control? You are not alone…
- Holiday Puzzle? Happiness Served Up Simple and Plentiful
- #OneWord Thursday: #Holiday Quotes – Blessed Is the Season
- How Can You Recharge Your Tired Self During the Holiday Season?