Did you know that music activates the same feel good center of your brain that food does? It’s true!
Listen to music: Lose weight. (Wow, that was easy!)
And … there’s more . . .
Fight Off the Common Cold: Listening to music lowers the stress hormone cortisol, boosts the feel-good endorphins and fortifies the immune system by raising levels of immunoglobulin A, a prime defense against upper respiratory infection.
Chase those blues away: There are minor chords and major chords; and while the minor chords tend to bring you down, the major chords can and do raise the spirits. Music sweetens temperament, increases feelings of optimism, calm and joy.
Spin Sister: Listen to music while spinning, running, trotting and your endurance levels will soar. You’ll hang in there longer and feel happier for it.
Sleep Baby Sleep: Play 45 minutes of your fav soft music before you get into your comfy bed and you will effectively lower your heart rate, slower your respiration and enjoy a good quality sleep.
What’s your favorite genre of music? What gets your booty to shakin’? What calms and soothes? What’s your favorite lullaby? Leave a comment or write me.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- #OneWord Thursday: #Sunrise – Wake Up Already!!!
- Coach Yourself Thinnish: 4 Simple Steps to a Less Problematic Life
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: 5 Ways to End Worry
- To Sum You Up 420 : 70% beautiful, 75% naughty, 80% sweet, 95% sweet, 100 % lovely
- #OneWord : 8 Quotes Guaranteed to Bring a Tear to the Eye!
- Coach Yourself Thinnish: Is Your Solar Plexus Singing the Fat Blues?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: #Stop-Stopping
- Puzzled? For Tax Week Relief: In Our Lady We Trust
- #OneWord – #Fear : How to Scare the Pants Off Yourself !?!
- Coach Yourself Thinnish: Enough Already???