We are off to visit my mother, Queen of Hearts today; she who loves her tarts and has spent a lifetime pondering the existential question, “What is the point of having coffee without cake?”
Here follows a ‘lower-cal’ recipe that is BIG time FUN for the kids and the grown-ups!
Our Lady of Weight Loss Dishes the DIRT CAKE
Ingredients: 1 lg. bag of Animal Crackers (they are fairly low in calories) * 1 lg. pkg. instant vanilla pudding (sugar free) * 4 c. skim milk * 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, light * 1/4 cup light brown sugar * 1 (12 oz.) Cool Whip (free) or (Real Whip fat-free) * 1 (8 inch) plastic flower pot * 1 new trowel * Plastic flowers
Directions: In medium size bowl beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. * In large bowl beat milk and pudding until smooth. Add cream cheese mixture to pudding. Refrigerate for an hour or so. Until cold. Brrrr…. Then fold cool whip into the pudding mixture.
In the meantime, crush cookies with a vengeance. * Put a layer of crumbs on bottom of plastic pot * Followed by a layer of pudding/cheese mixture * then back to cookies and so forth ending with cookies. (3 cookie layers and 2 pudding/cheese layers should do it!) Refrigerate 3 to 6 hours. When you are ready to serve, place flowers in the pot and serve with trowel!
Want to send the puzzle as a postcard? Click here!
Want to dish the dirt? Send in your fav recipes?
Comment below or write me!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- The 3 Deadliest Weight Loss Words
- Take a Bach Break. Lose Weight… Sometimes it’s just that simple!
- Morning Chew: The Epictetus Cure
- Weighty Confession: Pass the Yankee Doodle
- From Fidgeting to Fornicating: 8 Ways to Burn 100 Calories
- VLOG: Travel Weight Loss 101: 9 Travel Tips from Our Lady of Weight Loss
- Self-Care : Selfish? Self-Indulgent? Necessary?
- #Imperfectionism vs. Perfectionism : To Banish Imperfections Is to Destroy Expression
- Listen and Lose !!! Sometimes it’s just that simple …
- 10 Simple Steps: How to Survive a Tough Day