Want to wake up fast? Give your metabolize a boost? And force the toxins and oils out of your skin?
Take a cold shower.
Yikes! I know, freezing cold is excruciatingly painful. So here’s what to do.
Start off with a hot shower. Ease your way into cold.
After you are feeling comfortable (but not so comfortable, you’re falling asleep against the shower wall), start moving the water knob towards cold. That’s right … a little bit at a time, until it IS cold. Stay with cold until you want to scream and then, put it back to hot for one minute. Back to cold for one minute.
Do this back n’ forth thing; hot to cold, cold to hot, hot to cold. It’s important to end your shower in cold mode.
As you step out of the shower note how refreshed, wide awake, invigorated you feel, and know that your metabolism is in motion.
I invite you to try this for one week, and then let me know how your life has changed. Small changes equal big results.
visit Our Lady of Weight Loss
this week’s Kick in the Tush Club e-letter
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- The 3 Deadliest Weight Loss Words
- Take a Bach Break. Lose Weight… Sometimes it’s just that simple!
- Morning Chew: The Epictetus Cure
- Weighty Confession: Pass the Yankee Doodle
- From Fidgeting to Fornicating: 8 Ways to Burn 100 Calories
- VLOG: Travel Weight Loss 101: 9 Travel Tips from Our Lady of Weight Loss
- Self-Care : Selfish? Self-Indulgent? Necessary?
- #Imperfectionism vs. Perfectionism : To Banish Imperfections Is to Destroy Expression
- Listen and Lose !!! Sometimes it’s just that simple …
- 10 Simple Steps: How to Survive a Tough Day