One City

One City

Halloween Quotes: Chogyam Trungpa on Fear and Fearlessness

posted by Ethan Nichtern

halloween_quote_fear_buddha.jpg

posted by Ethan Nichtern

What better time than All-Hallows’-Eve for halloween quotes about fear and fearlessness? What better teacher than Chogyam Trungpa, Rinpoche. Happy Halloween everyone! Go to the places that scare you, homies.

(ugly Golden Buddha costume from buycostumes.com – I dare you to wear it)

“When you are frightened by something, you have to relate with fear, explore why you are frightened, and develop some sense of conviction. You can actually look at fear. Then fear ceases to be the dominant situation that is going to defeat you.  Fear can be conquered. You can be free from fear if you realize that fear is not the ogre. You can step on fear, and therefore, you can attain what is known as fearlessness. But that requires that, when you see fear, you smile.”

-Chogyam Trungpa
Great Eastern Sun

bob hill

posted October 31, 2009 at 8:37 pm

“…you can attain what is known as fearlessness. But that requires that, when you see fear, you smile.”
A thousand deep bows…

Your Name

posted November 2, 2009 at 4:11 am

I don’t think that consciously diving into horror movies really serves any spiritual purpose.
If folks want to conquer fears, I think that can certainly serve a spiritual purpose.
But there are some cautions there too. Some of the pursuit of conquering fear really just becomes a suppression of emotion.
The real way to conquer fear is to meditate daily, practice the spiritual life and bring love and peace into us. That is what kills fear.

r4i kort

posted November 19, 2009 at 6:53 am

Chogyam Trungpa is also called laughind buddha.People can also think that by making this at your home you can gat peace of mind and get money and fearless nature from this.
r4i kort

Corey Altman

posted October 2, 2010 at 11:55 am

Thanks for the quote. I actually found it to be inspirational. Halloween should be a time to put fears aside and dress up as something you would never think of in your normal day to day life. Visit buycostumes coupon code to get discounts on a wide variety of costumes.

Megan31Hinton

posted November 18, 2010 at 10:56 am

I would like to propose not to wait until you get big sum of cash to buy goods! You should get the personal loans or secured loan and feel comfortable

papers for sale

posted November 24, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Simple minded university students trouble about an academic career, hence they try to use a experienced custom writing service, which supposes to be very important.

buy an essay

posted December 8, 2010 at 11:42 am

Supreme, you have some professional tips here. Thanks for that. I very oft get so caught up in writing my own blogs I lose the proper fact into the comments. They’ve healed me, however! If you have some difficulties with finding the right place to buy an essay from ! It’s not a problem anymore.

essay writing

posted December 21, 2010 at 7:13 am

When you buy custom writing, you should be acknowledgeable of inexperienced academic writing companies.

thesis

posted December 21, 2010 at 10:41 am

If you go on with your research connected with this topic, we would possibly buy thesis examples at the thesis service in web.

buy essays

posted December 25, 2010 at 7:16 am

Lots of people do not realize what writing organization is. Thus, they say that university students who buy essay are cheaters. They do not realize how complicated academic papers writing can be!

Buy Essay

posted March 3, 2011 at 1:36 am

Great post. Thanks for sharing.