One City

One City

Michael Jackson Dies After Possible Heart Attack

posted by Ethan Nichtern

The King of Pop, Michael Jackson is Dead,  after going into cardiac arrest. Michael Jackson, like him or hate him, might be the biggest icon of Generation X. Ever. Everybody dies, even Michael Jackson dies. Death is real, it comes without warning, Michael Jackson’s heart attack means his body is now a corpse. Strange enough when anyone dies. Stranger still, when a king dies. This is how I prefer to remember him:

michaeljackson.jpg

Thoughts?

Dave Sohigian

posted June 25, 2009 at 7:33 pm

I agree. And to lose two icons of our generation in one day is particularly troubling:

Heather

posted June 25, 2009 at 8:35 pm

Hello, Ethan and all.
I am shocked by how much MJ dying is touching people. For so long he has been the butt of jokes, roasted (seemingly) daily and not on a throne in a well-lit hall full of smiling faces…an honor bestowed to the likes of Flavor Flav, and LARRY THE CABLE GUY (seriously)…but not to a man who meant so much to music and dance and pop culture as a whole…
Now, we are all tripping over ourselves with the standard “Rest in Peace” popping up all over our various internet status-minders and as soon as the words appeared on my OWN computer screen it hit me, HARD. This is the first time since he was a conscious human (in my humble opinion) where he is finally going to truly BE at peace. I also think it’s kind of a paradox, Farrah Fawcett – who we know as a lighthearted “angel” and our King of Pop – post his fall from grace, saddled with so much darkness are departing this plane on the very same day.

Brenda

posted June 25, 2009 at 9:23 pm

My Sincre Sympathy to the Jackson family and his children.
I know that Micheal’s family is beyond grieve as am I. I still find it so hard to believe he is gone Micheal Jackson was a gentle soul and I will NEVER forget him!!!!!

Julia May

posted June 26, 2009 at 8:23 am

Nice Post – but I object to remembering only vintage Micheal during Jackson Five. Billie Jean? Thriller? Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough? Smooth Criminal? The Way You Make Me Feel? His solo years are the icon makes.

Damaris

posted June 26, 2009 at 10:24 am

Don’t forget Pretty Young Thing…… But then again Never can say goodbye and Got To Be There,
Rockin Robin were great too.

Ethan

posted June 26, 2009 at 10:29 am

Most Buddhist Song: “Man in the Mirror.”

Damaris

posted June 26, 2009 at 10:31 am

Most buddhist images in a video – Scream.
I noticed it last night.

Julia May

posted June 26, 2009 at 10:39 am

I was also thinking that the Billie Jean video is an illustration of “no self”. Whenever you try to grasp Michael, he isn’t there.

Julia May

posted June 26, 2009 at 10:41 am

Never Can Say Goodbye was my number one favorite song when I was a kid.

Damaris

posted June 26, 2009 at 12:21 pm

Elizabeth Cooper

posted June 26, 2009 at 12:46 pm

I have to admit, I was a bit sad when I heard the news.
And I agree with you Ethan, “Man in the Mirror” rocks.

Neo

posted June 26, 2009 at 6:46 pm

“Can’t You See . . .?
You’re Just Another Part Of Me . . ”