This week on the podcast is a great guest lecture by Purna Steinitz titled “Crushed by Love”. Purna leads us through his process of “studying untruth” in our relationships and the practice of turning every poison on our path into medicine.
Purna Steinitz is the founder of the Trimurti community based in Bozeman, Montana and Freiburg, Germany, as well as HeartStream Education, a non-profit organization that works to transform the lives of women and men who are incarcerated. Purna offers a perspective about transformation that people from many different backgrounds and paths find immediately useful. For the past thirty-three years he has been a student of Lee Lozowick, a western teacher in the Baul tradition of Bengal, India.
The talk was recorded in NYC on March 16, 2009. You can download Part 1 of the talk here, get a full list of podcasts here, or subscribe via iTunes.
Our Sit Down, Rise Up Guest Lecture Series is underwritten by the Trust for the Meditation Process.
If you are a regular listener please help us out by becoming a monthly donor. It’s quick and easy to do and your support keeps all of our programs here running. Thank You!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Mixing technology and practice
- Wisdom 2.0
- The Buddha at Work – “All we are is dust in the wind, dude.”
- Sometimes You Find Enlightenment by Punching People in the Face
- A Handful of Leaves (is free)
- Dharma Poetry: W. H. Auden, a Reflection on Haiti and Human Suffering
- Buddha was a conservative
- What would Sid do: I’m stuck in a rut
- Generation Distracted
- garcinia cambogia plus dietary supplement on Heard in One City
- garcinia cambogia dr oz miracle pill on Podcast: “Crushed By Love” with Purna Steinitz Pt.1
- slim Fast on Would Sid eat meat?
- Hannelore on Eight years later and a whole new set of hopes
- vitamax garcinia cambogia side effects on Meditation and Yoga: Necessary Companions?