Three great non-dharma-related blogs scored book contracts this month: Stuff White People Like struck a deal with Random House, Bent Objects with Running Press, and, my personal favorite, Not Eating Out in New York, signed up with Gotham Books. I like the “consuming less, eating more” tagline of this last blog, and the idea that this will be a cookbook designed with tiny Brooklyn kitchens in mind. (Check out the Obama Rolls: tasty, if politically incorrect!) So, three cheers for all these writers.
Dharma Bloggers: you have your work cut out for you. It’s time a Buddhist blog-based book deal was struck, and I want to see drafts of book proposals from each of you by this time next week. I’m not kidding. Please submit all proposals electronically to the Emma Sweeney Agency, attn: Eva Talmadge.
To help with the writing, here’s a great web resource: Backspace. They have a nice long excerpt up from thriller writer David Morrell, which won’t help any of you in scoring your blogs-to-riches deals, but may help the fiction writers among us re-examine what we think we’re doing, exactly, and above all why. And then get back to writing blogs.
Finally, if you’re ever bored in blog-land and looking to surf the Dharma web, here’s a nice set of links: the 2008 Blogisattva Awards, featuring some of the best Buddhist bloggings (aside from this page, of course) to be found anywhere.
Now get to work.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Mixing technology and practice
- Wisdom 2.0
- The Buddha at Work – “All we are is dust in the wind, dude.”
- Sometimes You Find Enlightenment by Punching People in the Face
- A Handful of Leaves (is free)
- Dharma Poetry: W. H. Auden, a Reflection on Haiti and Human Suffering
- Buddha was a conservative
- What would Sid do: I’m stuck in a rut
- Generation Distracted
- rebelmouse on Podcast: “Crushed By Love” with Purna Steinitz Pt.1
- small business help on Podcast: “Crushed By Love” with Purna Steinitz Pt.1
- jobs available in my area on Freedom From Religion: Buddhism Wins Best Religion in the World Award
- supplement works on Global Warming Already Killing Thousands, Says Global Humanitarian Forum
- STEP Study - Page 2 - Religious Education Forum on Mingyur Rinpoche’s “Science of Happiness:” Buddhism, brain scans, and quantum physics collide