On the Front Lines of the Culture Wars

On the Front Lines of the Culture Wars

Inspiring: 2,000 Baptists in the park, dancing before the Lord

More than 2,000 people from Second Baptist Church in Houston, Texas, showed up at a park in the heart of Houston a few days ago to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus.

What? Dancing Baptists? Isn’t that a contradiction in terms? Well, these Houstonians took their cue from David the Psalmist as they danced before the Lord with all their hearts.

YouTube Preview Image

“I’m an atheist but I have to say that this video was spectacular,” wrote a viewer on the Internet. “I may not agree with the beliefs of Christians but I don’t think having faith is a bad thing.”

Not everybody was impressed. “If only the church would put this much time and effort into actually proclaiming the Gospel, rather than doing a silly dance,” wrote one viewer.

That prompted one of the actual dancers to respond: “Thank you for your honesty. We do. We baptized 2,364 people in 2010.”

The event was called “Dance Your Shoes Off!” Its purpose was “to proclaim the resurrection of Jesus Christ in a powerful and celebratory way.”

Incidentally, each participant left a new pair of shoes on the grass for those in need. The shoes were given to local outreaches to the poor.

ANGEL OJEDA

posted April 21, 2011 at 12:31 pm

IT TAKES SOMETHING EXTREMELY DEEP TO MAKE MY HAIRS STAND UP! THIS VIDEO DEFINITELY DID THAT!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!

SUE

posted April 22, 2011 at 10:26 am

WHAT AN INSPIRING VIDEO !!! IT BROUGHT TEARS OF JOY TO MY EYES JUST WATCHING PEOPLE GET TOGETHER TO THE GLORY OF JESUS..YOUNG, OLD, BLACK, WHITE,, ALL TOGETHER.. PRAISE JESUS !!!

nestor rivera

posted April 22, 2011 at 6:22 pm

God is Great and i don’t mean allah

Chris Kearney

posted April 23, 2011 at 9:02 am

Some body got it right this day of dance with the shoes and everything… Love it!

Grumpy Old Person

posted April 23, 2011 at 2:55 pm

In MY day, dancing was considered a SEEYUN.

Ida Trujillo

posted April 23, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Wake up America!! This is what we should be doing. Congratulations to the Second Baptist Church of Houston, Tx. May the Lord bless and keep guiding you. The honor and the glory to our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Pattie Boyd

posted April 23, 2011 at 11:05 pm

WOW this the most amazing thing I believe I have ever seen, brought me to tears. Wonderful. Praise the Lord my Easter will be even more special from seeing this and I have shared it with all my friend & family on FaceBook. Thank You

Ronnie

posted April 30, 2011 at 8:09 pm

This video was awesome and it is so exciting to see young and old taking part in this dance. There is no way that I would allow a rock to praise God louder than I. I am a Grandma and I love to dance (praise) with my Grandkids. God gave us the ability to dance for a reason and that reason is HIM.

Pastor Bill

posted May 3, 2011 at 1:11 pm

INDEED

jim osurmann

posted May 15, 2011 at 4:08 am

i have not watched the whole video, but i enjoyed already the first part. I am a Baptist here in Bicol, Philippines, and i don’t have any problem in dancing for the lord as long as it is performed modestly and especially for the lord. We have dance presentations from our youths also which portray the goodness and greatness of our Lord!

My dear brothers and sisters in the Second Baptist Church, Houston, Texas,,, Praise and thanks be to our good Lord! Keep up the good work! Reach more lost for our Lord.. we are doing it here in the Philippines!

God bless!

President Obama fails key test for Antichrists: confesses Jesus is Lord
President Barack Obama passed a key test Monday night in case anybody is worried that he is the Antichrist. Speaking at a campaign fundraiser at the House of Blues in Los Angeles, Obama was interrupted by a man identified as David Serrano who repeatedly yelled that "Jesus is God." As Se

posted 7:53:12pm Sep. 28, 2011 | read full post »

Michael Moore: America would welcome a fat president such as Chris Christie
Asked by Joy Behar onHeadline News whether America would vote for a "fat" candidate for President, controversial film-maker Michael Moore, who has never been accused of being too skinny, responded that most of America is fat and would probably identify with an overweight Commander-in-Chief. Histo

posted 10:27:30am Sep. 28, 2011 | read full post »

ACLU, Planned Parenthood combine to fight Mississippi constitutional amendment
Planned Parenthood and the American Civil Liberties Union have joined forces to create the pro-abortion “Mississippians for Healthy Families” with a goal of defeating a constitutional amendment limiting abortion in the Magnolia State. Christine Dhanagom of LifeSiteNews writes that "Yes on

posted 11:55:16am Sep. 27, 2011 | read full post »

Scientists tell pollsters religion and science not irreconcilable
Are there irreconcilable differences between faith and science? Not in the opinion of prominent scientists who participated in a five-year study by Rice University. Researchers there found that only a minority of scientists questioned at major research universities say that religion and scien

posted 3:13:07pm Sep. 23, 2011 | read full post »

Wikileaks: U.S. Embassy criticized Catholic influences on Poland
U.S. Embassy officials in Warsaw, Poland, under the Obama administration complained that Catholic Church doctrine is a major source of “homophobia” in the heavily Catholic country, according to diplomatic cables released by Wikileaks. The messages from the American embassy in Poland's capit

posted 3:51:00pm Sep. 08, 2011 | read full post »