On the Front Lines of the Culture Wars

On the Front Lines of the Culture Wars

Inspiring: 2,000 Baptists in the park, dancing before the Lord

More than 2,000 people from Second Baptist Church in Houston, Texas, showed up at a park in the heart of Houston a few days ago to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus.

What? Dancing Baptists? Isn’t that a contradiction in terms? Well, these Houstonians took their cue from David the Psalmist as they danced before the Lord with all their hearts.

YouTube Preview Image

“I’m an atheist but I have to say that this video was spectacular,” wrote a viewer on the Internet. “I may not agree with the beliefs of Christians but I don’t think having faith is a bad thing.”

Not everybody was impressed. “If only the church would put this much time and effort into actually proclaiming the Gospel, rather than doing a silly dance,” wrote one viewer.

That prompted one of the actual dancers to respond: “Thank you for your honesty. We do. We baptized 2,364 people in 2010.”

The event was called “Dance Your Shoes Off!” Its purpose was “to proclaim the resurrection of Jesus Christ in a powerful and celebratory way.”

Incidentally, each participant left a new pair of shoes on the grass for those in need. The shoes were given to local outreaches to the poor.

Roman Catholic

posted April 18, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Fantastic job, getting so many people together in one place at one time–plus doing the dancing in sync. Praising the Lord’s raising from the dead. I enjoyed it very much. As for the other persons comment. The Baptist are very religious, and go out preaching the word of God. Thank you very much,

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL

Lana

posted April 19, 2011 at 4:56 am

PRISE GOD GLORY TO HIS NAME

Anne

posted April 19, 2011 at 5:50 am

I don’t think its silly at all..wasting time because you want to praise God isn’t wasted time at all.

dramarion

posted April 19, 2011 at 6:32 am

I agree with Anne. Whenever we praise the Lord, we certainly aren´t wasting any time. I really enjoyed this dance. I know it must have taken a lot of time to organize and learn. I commend this church for what they have done and, besides, given much needed shoes. This is what Jesus taught placed in action. Who said being a Christian is boring? Have a great Easter and we all should be celebrating!

maria

posted April 19, 2011 at 6:44 am

My prayer is that all will come to know the Lord as their savior and experience enough joy and love in their hearts to dance before Him in praise and worship – this no doubt brings a big smile to our Lord and there is nothing silly about it – and by the way, Christians do more the people of this world than you can imagine – both in giving and serving and spreading the gospel to all nations!!!!!!!!!!!! Amen and Amen – HAPPY EASTER TO ALL – HE HAS RISEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rodger D

posted April 19, 2011 at 8:17 am

My tears fall but its not of sadness but of happyness a joy to my heart as fresh and new as spring buds bloming Joy and happieness Jesus I’m sure smiled on that one God Bless you all it was Great I can’t wipe the smile off my face (LOL)

Patricia

posted April 19, 2011 at 10:22 am

I cried tears of joy. Praise the Lord! That was beautiful. I am sure God was enjoying every minute of it. Bless each one. Jesus lives!!!

Glenda

posted April 19, 2011 at 10:34 am

Silly???? Ask the thousands of people that received a new pair of shoes if this was silly. Jesus said “I was naked and ye clothed me”. They were proclaiming the gospel!
Praise God for the risen Christ!

Marie Felix

posted April 19, 2011 at 12:33 pm

I was moved to pray for all of those who are not in a rejoicing time in their life. Our LORD knows who we are and will not let us go through anything alone. This time will pass. May we take a moment and pray for those who are lonely, struggling, afraid, abandoned, hungry and more.
May we have our eyes, ears, and hearts WIDE open to lend a helping hand with a glad attitude because everyone is our brother and sister.
May this dance keep our hearts focused on what’s really important….
Praising GOD for loving humanity and allowing us to reach out to HIM so HE can begin helping anyone who asks for consoling, healing, understanding etc in order to join those who already feel HIS presence. HE does not forsake us….We just have to reach out to HIM.

Marie Felix

posted April 19, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I don’t know what a URL is?

President Obama fails key test for Antichrists: confesses Jesus is Lord
President Barack Obama passed a key test Monday night in case anybody is worried that he is the Antichrist. Speaking at a campaign fundraiser at the House of Blues in Los Angeles, Obama was interrupted by a man identified as David Serrano who repeatedly yelled that "Jesus is God." As Se

posted 7:53:12pm Sep. 28, 2011 | read full post »

Michael Moore: America would welcome a fat president such as Chris Christie
Asked by Joy Behar onHeadline News whether America would vote for a "fat" candidate for President, controversial film-maker Michael Moore, who has never been accused of being too skinny, responded that most of America is fat and would probably identify with an overweight Commander-in-Chief. Histo

posted 10:27:30am Sep. 28, 2011 | read full post »

ACLU, Planned Parenthood combine to fight Mississippi constitutional amendment
Planned Parenthood and the American Civil Liberties Union have joined forces to create the pro-abortion “Mississippians for Healthy Families” with a goal of defeating a constitutional amendment limiting abortion in the Magnolia State. Christine Dhanagom of LifeSiteNews writes that "Yes on

posted 11:55:16am Sep. 27, 2011 | read full post »

Scientists tell pollsters religion and science not irreconcilable
Are there irreconcilable differences between faith and science? Not in the opinion of prominent scientists who participated in a five-year study by Rice University. Researchers there found that only a minority of scientists questioned at major research universities say that religion and scien

posted 3:13:07pm Sep. 23, 2011 | read full post »

Wikileaks: U.S. Embassy criticized Catholic influences on Poland
U.S. Embassy officials in Warsaw, Poland, under the Obama administration complained that Catholic Church doctrine is a major source of “homophobia” in the heavily Catholic country, according to diplomatic cables released by Wikileaks. The messages from the American embassy in Poland's capit

posted 3:51:00pm Sep. 08, 2011 | read full post »