O Me of Little Faith

O Me of Little Faith

Hi, I’m Bob (Apparently)

posted by Jason Boyett

You know what people tell me often enough that I’m starting to feel weird about it? That I look like super-trainer Bob Harper from The Biggest Loser:

Granted, these are people who typically don’t see me shirtless. And I don’t pose for many photos shirtless, except that new Zondervan Authors Beefcake calendar I’m doing with Rob Bell and Rick Warren.

But I have to admit, Bob is a nice-lookin’ guy.

I think it’s because we both have blue eyes. And scruffy chins. And gigantic foreheads. We are similar in that scruffy giant-forehead kind of way.

Thanks to Kyle Trafton for the sweet publicity photos.

carandavis

posted February 26, 2010 at 4:58 pm

oh my word. i hadn't made the connection before. so true!

Chase

posted February 26, 2010 at 5:02 pm

strikingly similar nostrils too

Real Estate Marketer

posted February 26, 2010 at 5:05 pm

Terribly sorry if my tweet set you off on this rant. Well, not TERRIBLY sorry. Actually, pretty dang proud of myself.Pitiful huh?StPeteDaveFacesoflions.wordpress.com

Jenn Possible

posted February 26, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Oh it's totally true! I just recently started following you on Twitter, and everytime you tweet and your pic comes up in my timeline, I immediately think, "What the heck, I don't want to follow Bob!" and then I realize it's really Jason, the new guy I'm following. I'm just so relieved I'm not the only one who kept thinking that!

BeHereNow

posted February 26, 2010 at 6:09 pm

Just got the new relevant. Are you on staff there? It seems every issue has an article by you in it. Not that I am complaining.

Bryan Allain

posted February 26, 2010 at 7:53 pm

i want credit for being one of the first to tell you about this.recognizing dopplegangers is my superpower. i do it all the time.

Matthew Paul Turner

posted February 26, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Take your shirt off. Do it. Then I'll submit my opinion.

Jason Boyett

posted February 27, 2010 at 6:15 am

@MPT: My shirt is off right now. I always remove it before leaving a comment.@BeHereNow: No, not on staff at Relevant. It seems I'm in the mag a lot because not only do they give me an occasional assignment, but sometimes they republish a piece I wrote years ago. (I've been writing for them since 2002.)

Tess Mallory

posted March 1, 2010 at 11:52 pm

But we'd know which was the real you if you had your shirt off because of the bandaids over, er strategic spots, right?? hee hee. Great publicity pics, Jason.