Beliefnet News

Beliefnet News

Texas high schooler suspended for saying “being a homosexual is wrong”

A Christian high school student has been punished by his school this week for saying he believes “being a homosexual is wrong.”

Student Suspended for Saying Gay Is Wrong: MyFoxDFW.com

Fort Worth 14-year-old Dakota Ary was sent to the principal’s office, then spent most of the day serving an in-school suspension at Western Hills High School.

During a discussion in his German class, “we were talking about religions in Germany. I said, ‘I’m a Christian. I think being a homosexual is wrong,’” Ary told Lari Barager of KDFW News. “It wasn’t directed to anyone except my friend who was sitting behind me. I guess [the teacher] heard me. He started yelling. He told me he was going to write me an infraction and send me to the office.”

An assistant principal called Ary’s mother at work.

“At first I was in disbelief. My son is on the honor roll with great grades. I don’t have any problems out of him,” Holly Pope said.

After hearing her son’s explanation of what happened, the assistant principal reduced the in-school suspension from two days to one. However, the boy’s mother was not satisfied with that. “He was stating an opinion. He has a right to do that. They punished him for it,” she said.

Attorney Matt Krause joined Ary and his mom for a meeting with the principal the next. They asked for the blemish to be taken off his record as well as assurances there would be no retaliation.

“Students don’t lose their first amendment rights just because they go in the schoolhouse door,” Krause said.

Holly told KDFW that she had faith the school would do the right thing.

Frank Provasek

posted September 23, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Wonder what all these right wing Christians would support
a Jewish boy who told classmates that Christians were
wrong for worshipping a false messiah? Would they be
supplying free lawyers to protect his freedom of speech?

Mary Waterton

posted September 23, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Note that the boy used not slurs. He merely said that “being a homosexual is wrong”. Do you get the picture?!?! The HomoNazi’s are taking over the schools. If I’m understanding this correctly, the in-school suspension was not overturned, just reduced in length. The injustice still stands. If there are any Christians left in Texas with a spine, they need to sue the school district over this.

cld

posted September 24, 2011 at 8:54 am

It would have been interesting and maybe valuable for all to ask the student why they thought that and have that discussion.

Allan

posted September 24, 2011 at 9:25 am

If Ary said that he believed that homosexuality is wrong then the school is in the wrong, and the school district owes him, his family, and his church an apology. On the other hand, if he said outright that all homosexuals should be sent to concetration camps, then he is in the wrong and owes the school an apology. From this story, as written, the school is in the wrong.

Harmon Wheeler

posted September 24, 2011 at 10:43 am

Why Did This Teacher Yell Out In Class At The Student. He Or She Was Wrong In Doing This. This Is My Thought On This. The Teacher Must Be Gay To Have A Reaction Like This. I Am Glad To Hear That A High Schooler Has The Knowledge To Know That It Is Wrong For A Man To Bed Down With A Man Or A Woman To Bed Down With A Woman For Sexual Doings.This Bibical.I Think The School Is Wrong.Thanks For Allowing Me To Respond. Have A Bless Day

BIG BRUCE

posted September 24, 2011 at 11:08 am

Public schools are mere breeding grounds for any, and all persons who oppose, or deem it fitting to contradict GOD’s word! Though it may appear that the schools, the school’s officials, etc. may be “winning”, truth is, it’s only an illusion! In the end (JUDGEMENT DAY), these oppressors of the truth, shall receive their punishment for such acts (should they NOT repent for these sins)!!! The young man involved in this should be praised for his bravery and honesty, in my opinion. May ALMIGHTY GOD reward him, and his family for their decision to suffer for the sake of truth and righteousness!

Rev Rowland

posted September 24, 2011 at 12:05 pm

This is a clear infringement of the First Amendment, and should not be allowed to stand. The same way we should free our churches to speak truth without government interference.

This student has rights that are being taken from him without due process and without justification.

Jana

posted September 24, 2011 at 12:10 pm

What I want to know is when did the rights of Christians become criminal while every other religion and belief is just A-OK? This young man has just a much right to stand up for what he believes as anyone else and the public school system is wrong. Where’s the ACLU on this one?

Samantha

posted September 24, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I want to know why wasn’t the teacher suspended? He was not teaching on subject. He screamed at a student for voicing an opposing opinion. He was intolerant of an opposing view, a Christian view and behaved inappropriately. Ary had not pulled a knife, a gun or thrown anything. So much for the tolerance that the left wing activists demand everyone show. This teacher’s reaction of even screaming at the student for this is an over reaction. He needs to be suspended without pay for at least 2 days! Where IS the ACLU? They’ll only show up if the teacher gets suspended. Hypocrites! I’m only sorry that other Christian students didn’t stand up to agree with Ary. It’s hard for kids to stand up to extremist teacher’s like this. Suspend the teacher!!!!!

Samantha

posted September 24, 2011 at 2:46 pm

To Frank Provasek: This is a discussion Christians engage in often. You do know Jesus Christ was Jewish, right? The Jewish faith is the faith of our fathers. Dakota’s comment should have allowed for an honest open discussion and kids are still allowed in this country to agree to disagree. My son’s three best friends are Catholic, Jewish and Islamic. We are Protestant and they have some lively discussions on occasion but are remain good friends. Stop advocating for a teacher who showed true intolerance for opposing views.

tonibarb

posted September 24, 2011 at 6:57 pm

It’s the truth. This is the type of world that we live in now. It does not mean that the Christians have to accept it. What happened to free speech?

Alexx

posted September 25, 2011 at 3:52 am

Obviously he should have the right to express his beliefs, and they should have taken the time and opportunity to debate them rather than imposing something upon him.

That said, I do believe that such a statement is unacceptable and he should perhaps be taught to value tolerance, and see some other points of view.

Which would have happened had they chosen to debate, instead of condemn outright.

Patty Arella

posted September 25, 2011 at 9:15 am

This is one more sign that freedom of speech is being greatly undermined in this nation. When a child can’t express an opinion, it’s scary. My grandson could not express his opinion which may disagree with teachers in high school. My daughter and others in a masters level of social work could not express opinions contrary to their instructors or they would be humiliated in front of the class. THEN the teachers railed on the students for not participating in the discussions. SAD SAD SAD. Our country is going down the tubes.

jestrfyl

posted September 25, 2011 at 2:53 pm

This kid has the same right to his opinion as a kid who says he believes homosexuals are acceptable and deserve full rights. Freedom of speech requires the edge on both sides of the blade be honed and sharp. A good teacher allows the whole class to debate in civil tones and with acceptable vocabulary. Anything less diminishes the entire experience.

Ahhh!

posted September 26, 2011 at 6:38 am

Ahhh! So this is tolerance!!! You can only “express your opinion” if you agree with the powers that be!

kim

posted September 26, 2011 at 7:26 am

Way to go Dakota!

Stephanie Mayberry

posted September 26, 2011 at 7:53 am

Unfortunately, this is a sign of the times, brothers and sisters.

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

However,

John 15:18-19 says,
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.”

Matthew 10:22 says, “And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.”

David Ameen

posted September 26, 2011 at 9:09 am

When will people realize that GAY RIGHTS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN FIRST AMMENDMENT, CONSTITUTION, GOD, THE UNIVERSE,EVERYTHING? Take the kid out to a fence and beat him to death… oh, wait, that’s Matthew Sheperd…
(For the really dumb people who read this, that is sarcasm. Please don’t hunt me down and kill me!)

Tory

posted September 26, 2011 at 9:11 am

“I do believe that such a statement is unacceptable and he should perhaps be taught to value tolerance, and see some other points of view.”

And, thus, “tolerance” is being defined as the opportunity to wear down and indoctrinate until the boy’s belief is “acceptable”. What about applying that vaunted tolerance toward HIS beliefs, since it is plausible that he would find your statement “unacceptable”?

Deerfree1

posted September 26, 2011 at 9:47 am

Reading these comments and the harsh tone projected from the adults in the room is perhaps what led the teacher to react when hearing this student voice his opinion. We obviously don’t have the full story … all three sides. However, from personal experience having both observed and once participated in being a “religious” person standing in judgement of homosexuals, WE can appear quite “righteously harsh.”

Troy T Thomas

posted September 26, 2011 at 10:36 am

I don’t understand this society. How could you treat a child like that for voicing his oppinion.

Frank Colantuono

posted September 26, 2011 at 11:45 am

Most of the commenter’s scream for freedom of speech, but the hypocrites only believe that should work one way, for them. The religious right can’t accept that Gays & other religions have rights too! If everyone would just live their own lives and MYOB about how others live theirs, the world would be a better place. I’m religious & Christian, but I believe GOD is the only person to judge others. Too many right wingers & many religious leaders what to control everyone different than them. Live & let live is the true Christian way and what Jesus professed!

Gail

posted September 26, 2011 at 12:23 pm

I don’t see why religion has to enter into the discussion at all. It is a simple fact that the child was denied his right to voice his opinion. An opinion is like a belly-button, EVERYONE has one and yours is neither better nor more right than mine is or in this case, than Dakota’s is. Who’s to say that your opinion that homosexuality is ok is better than Dakota’s opinion that it is not ok? Why is freedom of speech only a viable option in this country NOW if you express a liberal opinion rather than a conservative opinion? Limiting free speech to either just liberal or conservation opinions is still limiting free speech. Something I thought this country took care to do away with over 200 years ago. What’s next to go??? Scary thoughts!

ice666princess@yahoo.com

posted September 26, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Good. He should have been suspended. There is a time and a place for personal opinion and school is not that place. Chances are someone in his class is or will turn out to be homosexual and they shouldn’t have to feel like something is wrong with them because of this child’s “stating an opinion”. An opinion of hatred. He should save his judgement and discriminatory comments for behind closed doors at his home with other closed minded people. Homosexuality is not wrong, its the ignorant people who say its wrong that are wrong.

PAT COLEMAN

posted September 26, 2011 at 2:09 pm

THE STUDENT WAS MAKING A STATEMENT, HE HAS A RIGHT TO DO SO. WE ARE SOON GOING TO BE OVERCCOME BY PEOPLE WHO DON’T BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE OR GOD. SO GOES THE DOWNFALL OF AMERICA AS WE ONCE KNEW IT.

Mrs Thomasina LaVita

posted September 26, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Stand up for what you believe in Dakota.GOD BLESS YOU

Danisha

posted September 26, 2011 at 3:44 pm

It seems like everyone is so out to protect homosexuals that they forget about those who are heterosexual & we end up getting or right violated on a on going basis. We need balance & equality for all.

Vanessa

posted September 26, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I am a Christian and I also believe homosexuality is not normal. Think what would happen to the human race if it was!!! I am not judging, for it is not for me to do, I’ll leave that to God. I was totally offended by this school’s actions. This young man should be apologized to, how unAmerican of that school to deny him his right to his own opinion.

thelma lawon

posted September 26, 2011 at 7:22 pm

AS A CHRISTIAN I FIND IT TO BE STRANGE THAT YOU CAN BE ANYTHING BUT A CHRISTIAN IN THIS WORLD. EVERYONE HAS RIGHTS EXCEPT ONE WHO BELIEVES THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS CHRIST AND WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS IS A LIFESTYLE OF A CHRISTIAN IT HAS GOTTEN SO PEOPLE ARE AFRAID TO SAY THEY ARE CHRISTIANS BUT SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME THIS HAS BEEN A CHALLENGE FOR BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS. I STAND ON THE WORD OF GOD DO I LOVE PEOPLE LESS BECAUSE OF SEXUAL ORIENTATION ABSOLUTLEY NOT DO I TREAT THEM DIFFERENTLY THAN A MAN WHO LIES CHEAT OR STEAL NO BECAUSE ACCORDING TO GOD SIN IS SIN SO WE LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OURSELVES I AM VERY PROUD THE YOUNG MAN SPOKE HIS HEART AND DIDN’T BACK DOWN. KUDOS TO HIS MOM TO NOT LET THAT GO AND FIGHT FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVE I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING.

Regina McGlashen

posted September 26, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Being a Christian Does Not mean condemning or judging! That is Gods place, not yours! Everyone has opinions, but that does not mean they have the right to express them at an inappropriate time when it might cause conflict. My child goes to school to learn, not to listen to the personal views of another student on lifestyles or spiritual matters. I dont like whores or users, or cheats or liars, or abortionists or murderers, but it is not my place to openly declare that without being asked in a classroom dealing with another subject altogether. The right or wrong of any lifestyle should not be open to comment by a high school student in a classroom unless THAT is the discussion and subject. Be tolerant and respectful of others..as a Christian. It does not mean you have to associate with them, but it also does not mean you have to demean or insult them.

Cousin Clifton T.

posted September 27, 2011 at 4:35 am

As an openly proud gay Christian, I couldn’t disagree more with this student.

But I am more openly proudly American, living in a country where we have free speech.

[For the record, politically, I transcend the whole left/right (false) dichotomy.]

As long as he was not being deliberately verbally abusive, he has a right to express his opinion.

At his age, I used to share it; only through open discussion, self-acceptance, and study of the Bible in the context of the original languages, has that opinion changed.

BTW, as stated, he wasn’t even talking to the teacher, but quietly to another student, so he wasn’t even being disruptive.

A good German teacher would have used the teachable moment to talk about how the Nazis persecuted not only Jews but also Catholics and homosexuals.

People think Nazi Germany couldn’t happen here, but look how much people are hating (from the right and the left) based on ideology and just plain ideas.

This is how fascism gets started–the thought police.

It’s scary.

Hell, even the word “faggot” is just a sound to me now. I refuse to let you ruin my day by calling me that: “How observant of you. Yeah? So?”

Try growing a thicker skin, people…and teach your kids to do the same.–CCT

charles h.

posted September 27, 2011 at 7:01 am

That child was in conversation and maturely voice his option in a non threatening fashion..! No need for punishment.!! First school taking prayer..now our opinions cant be heard.!!!!!..WTF..!!!!!!

Donna

posted September 27, 2011 at 9:56 am

Arn’t we suppossed to have freedom of writing & speech according to the Constitution?? Thank you to this boy for standing up for his own beliefs. How come other people get to say what they like, What is happening to our country & our school system? This was an individual making this decision — remember that.

anns

posted September 27, 2011 at 10:02 am

Free speech, hm-m-m. That’s like saying it is okay to say that blacks are the n word. That’s an opinion too. Or that a Jew is less than someone else? Where do we draw the line? You know where he heard that it is wrong to be homosexual, he heard it from his parents and they think there is nothing wrong with saying that. He says he is a Christian, does he not know that some homosexuals are Christian’s too. Instead of trying to defend what he said how about educating him on what truly is a Christian and what that means.

Rob Kerby, Senior Editor

posted September 27, 2011 at 10:15 am

There is a vast difference between insulting blacks or Jews — as opposed to stating what is taught in both the Bible and Koran that practicing homosexuality is immoral. One chooses to perform an immoral act.

Tong

posted September 27, 2011 at 11:41 am

That teacher is the one must be suspended and not the student.

Victoria

posted September 27, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Way to go Dakota!

Fred Sayin

posted September 27, 2011 at 11:46 pm

I read the article. Your son was stating his opinion. He wasn’t insulting anyone. Since they were discussing religions in German Class don’t Islamists stone homosexuals. In my opinion, religions should not be discussed in school if it was a public school- seperation of church and state. I also see violations of Amendment #1- Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion
Doesn’t one of the gospels state: ” If you see your brother sin talk to him, if he doesn’t listen get two or three witnesses, if doesn’t listen go to the church, if he doesn’t listen treat him like a tax collector
or Gentile”? Also all citizens need to reread the Freedom of Religion clause. No prayer in school or at school activities plus seperation of church and state violate the Freedom of Religion clause- religious practices/excercises can not be inhibited. We need people to stand up for their rights

Fred Sayin

posted September 28, 2011 at 12:12 am

First was this a private or public school? If it was public what is the reasons that religions are being discussed in a German class. Also don’t Islamists stone homosexuals? If it was a public school in my opinion I see a violation of church and state. I also see two violations of the first amendment Freedom of Speech, as he was stating his opinion not insulting anyone plus Freedom of Religion as he was following the instructions of Jesus. Also citizens need to reread the Freedom of Religion clause, seperation of church and state plus no prayer in school (activities) is a violation of Freedom of Religion clause, religious excercises or practices can not be inhibited. Need people to stand about this.

donna

posted September 28, 2011 at 4:58 am

I think this boy and his family should sue the school because the took this person’s right away of freedom of speech. If he did not direct it towards anyone then what was the problem. He has his right to voice his opinion, just like anyone else.

Donna

posted September 28, 2011 at 4:58 am

How many times must we deny our faith so that others will feel comfortable? Why must we keep our opinions to ourselves? How much of our belief must we give to you America? You stop our children from praying in schools. You tell us that mentioning our faith on the job is not good for business and now we can no longer say that we believe in what the bible says. Have Christians become the new second class citizens?

Maylo Hranac

posted September 28, 2011 at 5:45 am

I taught high school students for over 30 years and allowed all students to express an opinion as long as it was not in a tone that threatened others and was said in good taste. I cannot tell from this news report if the student was punished for speaking without permission and interrupting class or for what he said. I suspect though that there is a code at this school that protects rights of all students and that the teacher thought that this statement threatened gay students, but the facts as reported in this news article don’t support that.

Gary Hanson

posted September 28, 2011 at 8:00 am

Whatever happened to the “freedom of speech”? I totally agree with Dakota – homosexuality is wrong; end of discussion! I suppose the next press release regarding this instance will inform the public the school’s superintendent is “gay”, or better yet his “brother by another mother” is gay! Get a damn life school Western Hills High School administrators, and get real while you’re at it!

Barbara Kidwell

posted September 28, 2011 at 8:31 am

I am a Christian as well and I choose to not judge anyone. I feel that is God’s job and I don’t think he would want me to have his job. He say’s to love thy neighbor. So unless God dies & appoints you God, then I would not judge others.

Bob Hover

posted September 28, 2011 at 8:53 am

This is where same sex marriage is leading us. At the very least the act of homosexuality is not normal to the reproductive system of the human animal. The science of human anatomy makes the act of homosexuality wrong. This brave young soul was only stating the obvious.

Jonathan N Gardiner

posted September 28, 2011 at 9:29 am

The timing of this story is interesting.
Last night I had a dream that I was bathing and a married woman came in the bathroom and was watching me and did wanted to engage in sexual intercourse.I told her this would be WRONG and furthermore she ought not be watching me.

Why this would have been WRONG.(1)I’m a Christian and see what my God and Savior say about such things.(2)I’m a married man.
This is WRONG.How much more it is for a man to lie with another man or a woman with another woman or mankind with animals.

We MUST be able and willing to die for our Faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ who is able to raise us from the dead after death.

I salute the young man for his faith and courage to call wrong WRONG and right Right.
May he continue to grow strong in the knowledge and understanding of his/our God and Savior Jesus Christ.

The Christian life is not for the fearful and faint in heart.

Upset Grandmother

posted September 28, 2011 at 9:31 am

I feel it is wrong also. If GOD had ment it to be he would have made it that way from day one.Love your neighbor is one thing but you don’t become intiment with another woman if you are a women.This upsets me a great deal because it has happened in my own family…..

ANN MARIE

posted September 28, 2011 at 9:43 am

We, as Christians, are constantly under attack from the demonic forces of our country. If we believe in the Words of God and accept Scripture as a basis of our lifestyle, then we offend people. To accept THE WORD as correct should not cause a person to be convicted, but someone should be able to bring correction based on the Word to enlighten those living in the flesh with no spiritual insight.

Tmby

posted September 28, 2011 at 9:53 am

Again it seems that only non-Christians are allowed to have an opinion on anything. Everyone except Christians have the first amendment right to say anything they wish. As for Frank’s comment. Yes a Jewish person would have the right to their opinion on the matter. As I’ve stated many time PC is another tool for divisiveness everywhere.

Bob Hover

posted September 28, 2011 at 9:54 am

To all good Christian men and women, be prepared and do not be afraid, for this is coming to a church near you.

Nina

posted September 28, 2011 at 10:10 am

The young man is entitled to his own opionion and should not be penalized for such. School systems are so quick to punish. They need to learn to LISTEN more and advise.

MARGARET

posted September 28, 2011 at 10:12 am

THE YOUNG MAN SIMPLY EXPRESSED HIS OPINION. HE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PUNISHED. HE STILL HAS FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS. HE EXPLAINED THE WAS SPEAKING TO HIS CLASSMATE AND NOT TO THE ENTIRE CLASS. THE SCHOOL OVEREACTED.

Sharon

posted September 28, 2011 at 10:36 am

What has happened to this country? Wasn’t it built on the first amendment? Freedom of speech? I say bravo to the young man and his mother for raising a son who isn’t afraid to voice his opinion. We have taken God out of schools, don’t want to acknowledge Him at holiday time, and then people wonder why things are falling apart. Thank God we have young people who aren’t afraid to voice their opinion and do it with respect. God Bless You and your mother.

Sue

posted September 28, 2011 at 10:59 am

Now students aren’t even allowed to express a personal opinion without fear of being suspended? Shame on the teacher — one who should know better — for reacting in such a fashion. He/she ought to know/teach the value of freedom of speech. I applaud the student — he wasn’t on a “soapbox”, he was simply stating his belief/opinion to one student, and has been punished for doing so.

Betty

posted September 28, 2011 at 11:13 am

Proud of you Dakota!!! Proud of your Mother for standing up for you, also. God bless you.

Your Name

posted September 28, 2011 at 11:18 am

Read all these comments, some of which are totally false, i.e. Freedom of Religion states you can’t mention it in schools. What the Constitution states is there shall be a separation of church and state. If you would read history, the Church of England had a say in the government of England. The founding fathers did not want any religion to be part of the government. They did not say religion could not be quoted or discussed by the government or referred to by the government. It just could not be an arm of the government.

The class was discussing religion in Germany. Why the student stated homosexuality is wrong was off topic and most likely any statements in school that is anti- homosexual is now forbidden. Some of you may disagree but its considered in the same light as the “n” word or any other rude remark concerning ones ethnicity, religion, etc.

Carol

posted September 28, 2011 at 11:44 am

All things work together for good. This young man stepped out with an opinion that stood up to conformity. That is a valuable lesson for later in life.

As well, though we all have opinions about the behavior, it will profit this boy to understand that beyond what is right and what is wrong, a lot of kids in high school are under excruciating duress and inner conflict about this. A coy one-liner might better be replaced with soemthing that wouldn’t go through them like a knife, if one were sitting on either side of him

Sam

posted September 28, 2011 at 11:59 am

His momther did the right thing by getting an attorney because we all have a right to express our beliefs and it sad in this day and age that if you dont agree with homosexuals they get all bent out of shape that people really cant say anything anymore without being called names like bigot and other things that make them look bad since thats the way they are behaving because not everyone agrees.I know people that are trending being gay because they think it’s cool and that teacher is foolish who is he to get bent out of shape because this boy has expressed an opinion? probly the teacher is Homosexual so he got offended.I really think that just because people have become more open to gays that they now think they can say and do whatever they want but straight people cant disagree with them or else it becomes a big problem for that person it becomes harrasment that they want them to appologize and take it back.I stand firm in my beliefs forever and I accept Homosexauls for what they want to do and be but dont tell me about it or try to ram it down my life like I should like it or agree.

Baby Gee

posted September 28, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Freedom of Speech and freedom of religious beliefs! Don’t back down!

sharon

posted September 28, 2011 at 12:16 pm

we as god people have to live for him and
speak for him.just that moment the lord was
speaking out of ary to that young man.
i say, stand for jesus. go ary”

johnny

posted September 28, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Everyone who knows religion know it is wrong to be homosexual. You give them an inch and they want to take a mile. Romans Chpt l is right, and now they get to get married and they want to play God. Like i said you give them an inch and they take mile.

cc

posted September 28, 2011 at 12:55 pm

I am proud of you for standing up for your son. I am also proud to hear that there are some young people who are standing for the right thing. Keep up the good work.

Krzysztof Ciuba

posted September 28, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Welcome to G.Orweell, 1984.
A sign of Western civilization crambling: Bible: NT,Rom 1Cor are wrong! From where the teaCHER GOT A DIPLOMA?

IN 1991 H.SPIRIT SENT ME TO NORTH AMERICA TO “KILL” THE FATHER OF “SAME SEX” MARRIAGE INVENTION: Fr.A.Guindon OMI,St.Paul’s University, Ottawa, Canada

To be a prophet is not difficult: see idiots at University cathedrals knowing just a little of sth

Rudy

posted September 28, 2011 at 3:01 pm

The student was only saying what the Bible says, Homosexualty is wrong , the teacher is the one who should supened .

Jonathan N Gardiner

posted September 28, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Johnny thanks for sharing that scripture with those who really wants to know about God and his Son,and what is required of us that is God’s children and those outsiders.

This enlighten me to something else in another chapter and Book.

May the God of all grace,mercy,power and might Bless you exceedingly and abundantly in body,heart,mind and soul.And the those who are being obedient to his True and Unfailing word.

Read from Romans chapter1.1-32 and then all of the books of the Bible.

This is what we will be judge from.The holy words of a Holy and Faithful God and Savior.

Appauled

posted September 28, 2011 at 4:43 pm

This is easily the most ridiculous thing I have heard this year!!! How does that school justify punishing that child for voicing his personal belief?
Last time I checked this was a free country!! Everyone has the liberty to be whatever they chose to be. A person has the right to say they disagree if they so desire!

Chris Scarlett

posted September 28, 2011 at 5:17 pm

The teacher just needs Jesus in his Heart
Then He would understand so we just all need to pray for him to recieve Christ as His Lord and Savior!!!!

Angie R.

posted September 28, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Good for you Dakota Ary! AWESOME! Stand for what you believe in. God Bless you and your mother for supporting you! WOOHOO!

sandra

posted September 28, 2011 at 6:27 pm

good job never be afraid to stand up for yourself and the loard we all need to take a lesson from you may god bless you and your family

Pretty Girl Swag

posted September 28, 2011 at 7:17 pm

First of all, everybody wants rights but not righteousness. Jesus said that we would be persecuted for his name sake. The book of Revelations is fulfilling itself as we speak. Homosexuality is wrong and is against the word of God. It’s going to get worst people so pray that the Lord will give you strength to withstand the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood. Satan is deceiving as many as he can because he knows that his time is short. Let them say what they want young man but know that you are the winner and you will win in the end! Continue to look to the hills from whence cometh your help. Stand still and know that he is God! Christ said that in order to reign with him you have to suffer with him. Be encouraged young man. I’m with you.

Barbara keisler

posted September 28, 2011 at 7:48 pm

I agree with this young man and I am a Christian and proud of it. They are taking the rights away from the Christians and any other religion has the right to say anything they want to. We Christians need to stand up for our rights also and not let Christianity to be lost.

Anon

posted September 28, 2011 at 8:14 pm

The enemy is being allowed to have his way increasingly more and more. It is encouraging to too see that Christian youth are willing to represent, and not go with the flow as many others do. There has to be a dividing line somewhere. Keep standing and be encouraged.

Linda

posted September 28, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Young man, I am very proud of you and your mon.

Patrick

posted September 28, 2011 at 8:40 pm

As a fellow born again Christian and American knowing his rights. I can tell you, this liberal school is dead wrong for punishing this student. I understand from a liberal stand point, that immorality is all about perception. Being gay isn’t wrong to a liberal as long as they’re happy. Unfortunately We have a case where the government(school governing powers)wants to stand on the churches hands and expects a decent moral person to be quiet so they won’t have to face their sinful nature. It’s America, We have the right to say what we feel and state our moral teaching. If the government backed us up more there wouldn’t be aides and other STD’s, Heck if America backed Godly people and stood by the one true God,Jesus Christ being his son; we would have a Tiple A credit rating again, at the very least.

JosieBear1951

posted September 28, 2011 at 10:39 pm

alexx, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth ! make up your mind. Josie

Revd. Shahzad Gill

posted September 28, 2011 at 11:18 pm

In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. NIV (Acts 2:17.

I am proud of this youngman. There is more to come. God is still working. People has forgot but our God never forget. He is still working and now he will use the young ones. God bless you young boy.

Revd. Tanzil Zafar

posted September 28, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

I m very very proud for this young child. God be praised. There is no sin in God’s kingdom. and this boy done a great job.

David

posted September 29, 2011 at 12:57 am

Why was this comment made to his friend sitting behind him I wonder?

Kaylub

posted September 29, 2011 at 1:58 am

I’m proud of you kid! Good job!

achiamma

posted September 29, 2011 at 4:02 am

One who believes he is homosexual should first ask his inner mind whether he is a real believer in God? Close your eye and ask God “Am i right and why you made woman as partner not man” if you are not tempted by satan you will get the answer.It is only a fantacy for you like your like.Today religion doesn’t teach about sacrifice or how it has reached today to be the number one religion in the world.Jesus was once hated even by his people and now it has reached here and don’t forget his motive was to safe all people from sins.ALL this is mainly because today people take holy Qurbana without believing in st Peter’s heavenly key that jesus had given all priest. Even the priest doesn’t believe it that he has the power to forgive if he lives in God’s way.Members in a family or people will always have confidence to live there only if their head or army leader is faithful,trustworthy and strong both to king and people.Religion is like a chain which is made out of beautiful beads that is made in heaven and should not be changed by humans.If one bead is destroyed ,the whole chain will look bad.This bead can only be beaded if we are not doing that sin again,only then we can be forgiven.Just remember what type of inheritance that you are going to give this world and what will be world’s future and what type of people will be in it? Why you all are so selfish and attracted to sin.Then why you want to tie other’s eye and say you all are believers in God. BELIEVE IT OR NOT it is all because of the childhood angles you have went through without any sacrifice or resistance to temptations.However if these people are given such stupid rights then what about others right to speak. Again selfish.We all pray for that boy to have good future .

Tony Ikwap

posted September 29, 2011 at 11:13 am

Help me glorify the the Lord!!!for He will takeover that case and show justice to that boy.Jesus our judge will wipe our tears away bcse of that boy.Incredible Shame on the school administration of that school.I am a high school teacher and a community social worker. I am writing with shock of teachers who have no single skill/psychology of dealing with children.What was rhe issue? homosexuality!!!!! Style up you teachers and Iwould kindly request their ministry of education to take them for arep course

IN GOD WE TRUST????

posted September 29, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Adan and Eve Not Adan and Steve!!!
marriage between a Man and a woman is to Have Children in the Natural Way. to Sart a family with good Principles And Morals.
Per Say There may be an Emotional Issue With That Teacher???

wayne

posted September 30, 2011 at 4:46 am

The young fellow is 100% right! BRAVO!! Homosexuality is very wrong. But because of votes, and public popularity, and a bunch of non-beliving- bleeding heart people, this type of behavior came out of the closets. The 1st amendment is everywhere,(unless the government has takin that away also,like the pledge to the flag, taking away silent prayer in schools,taking GOD out of public view) Again BRAVO, and this young fellow did NOTHING wrong, and should NOT be punished for what he believes GOD BLESS AMERICA, AND THE WORLD!!!!!!!

hikerchic

posted September 30, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Apparently, the First Amendment only applies to non-Christians. They can say anything they want against God and no one punishes them. I think it’s horrible that we have to be exposed to their TV shows, music and movies, yet they can’t tolerate God’s message.
This boy’s got a lot of courage – stick up for what you believe in and don’t let anyone change your faith!

Colleen

posted October 1, 2011 at 7:27 pm

This is appalling! Where does it end? So, he could say it’s right to be homosexual and everything would be okay with the teacher? But express an opinion obviously against the teacher’s and suspension is the answer. The school should be sued for taking a child away from proper learning for the day. Disgusting. Sad what this world is coming to when a child isn’t allowed to express an opinion. Might as well pull out the Orwell book 1984 right now and let them all read it. All they want is a bunch of robots. No wonder so many are going to home schooling these days.

bbmcrae

posted October 1, 2011 at 9:33 pm

I think educating this kid is a better solution than punishing him for his opinion. However, I suspect most of the people posting here are outraged because he expressed an opinion they agree with.

And a stupid move from a school doesn’t mean we are about to fall in 1984. Unless you are hugely overly dramatic. In which case – here come the robots!

Carfran

posted October 3, 2011 at 4:30 am

Ary is not wrong, neither an intolerant bigot, he speaks of what he believes is true by his faith. More life experience will teach him that there are many aspects of life you have to consider to be more understanding of God’s creatures. I tolerate and respect homosexuals, but please do not ask to accept it as a normal behavior.

Naloni

posted October 4, 2011 at 1:00 pm

First of all, what gets me is that there are so many other things that go on in schools that should be addressed to at least that extent. My husband and I are youth pastors of a youth group ages 9-17. I am constantly blown away by the things that kids get away with and the stories they tell us, especially when nothing is done by those in authority.
And secondly, it is rediculous how the Freedom of Speech works so long as it is against and not for Christianity and likewise for and not against things like homesexuality.
If other beliefs of any sort can broadcast their words and actions, and some at times going further than that to sound off their beliefs like blasting fireworks, than we should not be shut down with such intense force just because we utter our belief. We should be given the EXACT same decency. Seriously, the fact that that teacher would start yelling and the child would be given suspension for saying that, while the ones that are ‘pro-homesexual’ can SPEAK and DO ALL their little hearts desire partaining to it and then some, is incredulous!
When I was a child I loved America and saw myself as patriotic. Now being an adult and seeing what everything is coming to is just disgusting. The principles this country was built upon, along with its foundation in the Word of God with prayer upheld, are now being smashd to bits, and people wonder why our country is in the state it’s in. We no longer (as a whole) live by truth and what is right.
But we live by what we feel, and call it right.
Living by feeling is not living right, what it really is, is a downward spiral that leads to destruction from the inside out. Although I live here in the States, I live in a bubble in order to cope. But the more time goes on and the more I hear, the more I am sickened by this country’s decine.

Gwendolyn Lewis

posted October 5, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I’m so proud of this young man, but also of his parents for teaching him, to follow christ. The bible tells us that we will be persecuted if we choose to follow Jesus, and you have made the decision to do so, Jesus is so happy and so is you christian. Keep standing and beleiving on his word. If he would have said that it was ok to be gay the teacher wouldn’t have heard nothing he said, so maybe the teacher was gay and took offense, because he knew this young man spoke the truth.

D Owens

posted October 15, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Praise GOd that he was ashamed to let his light stand. We are supposed to be Country of Freedom. If the church dosen’t speak up we are going to be sorry.

Cynthia W

posted October 21, 2011 at 9:57 pm

He had every right to speak his mind. This country was founded by our forfathers based on God. Our country now is not following God. Homosexuality in God’s eyes is a sin and that comes from the Bible. As Christians we have to stand up and spread the word of God. The altenative is not a pleasant thought,HELL. Read the bible that is God,s word. It is good to hear a young person speak up and stand for God.

Deb

posted October 30, 2011 at 10:39 pm

This was an unfortunate situation. I am surprised the class was discussing religion in a German class. Was this a public school? Was the comment made in a disruptive manner? Whatever the case, the teacher apparently overreacted.

HSH

posted November 15, 2011 at 1:48 pm

The school system is always going to be against biblical principles. If you don’t want your child to be taught that homosexuality and sex before marriage is healthy, then don’t send them to schools that promote these beliefs. It is interesting to me that they want to keep the Lord out of the schools, yet they bring in the New Age belief system (which is a religion by the way) and teach our children these philosophies. More and more young children are liberal and believe that the ways of man and the world are good. It is important to spend time with your kids teaching them about the love of Jesus and biblical principles so that they can discern the difference between the truth and the lie. Otherwise, they have no real reference point. It seems like the schools have tried to take over the parents role as moral educators and they will get angry with parents who do not agree with their philosophies. Your children are your children. Always remember that!!!

Jean

posted November 23, 2011 at 10:19 am

I pray that all goes well and that nothing will linger on your son’s record. It’s a good thing that you followed up on it. God bless. Congrats on him being an honor roll student.

lisa

posted January 21, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Homosexuality is wrong but the mother does not know that her sons rights are not while he is in school, neither does she have rights as a parent either. This is a sad path the schools are heading down. Next they’ll have same sex marriage make believe with the fake baby for school credit.

Layra

posted February 3, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I do not agree with the student, but I do agree that being punished for saying your opinion is wrong. If he was saying it to someone that was a homosexual, like “I think you are an abomination for being gay.” then yeah he should be punished.