Beliefnet News

Beliefnet News

Farmer kicks pop singer Rihanna, video crew out of his field, suggests she find God

Northern Ireland farmer Alan Graham says he’d never heard of pop star Rihanna, but she was dressed too inappropriately to use his barley field, so he made her film crew pack up and leave.

He did take time to counsel her to get right with the Almighty.

“It was an encounter the global superstar probably wasn’t expecting as the shooting of her video got underway in a field in Bangor, County Down” in rural Northern Ireland, reports the British Christian Today news website:

Rihanna’s crew were busy filming the video to her new single, “We Found Love,” when the field’s owner, father-of-four Alan Graham, was startled by sight of the singer frolicking provocatively in the harvest in a red bikini.

The Christian farmer and DUP alderman for North Down Borough Council had given permission to Rihanna’s crew to film in his field for the video but put a stop to the proceedings when he felt things were becoming “inappropriate.”

Graham said the star, known for her saucy routines, was more in an “inappropriate state of undress than a bikini top,” as seen in this amateur video shot at the scene:

Graham, 61, was so shocked to see the singer in his barley field wearing – in his opinion – too little clothing that he pulled up his tractor and called a halt to the proceedings, according to the British newspaper the Telegraph:

While a meeting with Rihanna would be the stuff of dreams for most red-blooded males, Graham instructed her to brush up on her Bible reading before sending her on her way.

“If someone wants to borrow my field and things become inappropriate, then I say, ‘Enough is enough’,” he explained.

“I wish no ill will against Rihanna and her friends. Perhaps they could acquaint themselves with a greater God.”

He had given permission for the filming on his 60 acres of land in Clandeboye, outside Bangor. He was less than star-struck, he told the Telegraph:

“I never heard of Rihanna until someone called me requesting the use of my land. Someone explained she was as big as it gets as far as pop stars were concerned, but I’m a bit illiterate about those issues. I’m a bit long in the tooth for all that,” said Mr Graham.

If the singer was wearing swimwear, it was unlike any that Graham had encountered before. “I felt Rihanna was in more of a state of undress than a bikini top,” he said. One photograph of the shoot appeared to show her topless.

Graham, a devout Christian, thought it time to impart some advice.

“I had a conversation with Rihanna and I hope she understands where I’m coming from. Everybody needs to be acquainted with God and to consider his son, the Lord Jesus Christ, and his death and Resurrection.

“I hope she understands where I’m coming from. We shook hands and parted on good terms.”

KARANI

posted September 30, 2011 at 3:37 am

Brother, i thank God for men with enough backbone like you, very few modern preachers could dare take such a stand

jmd

posted September 30, 2011 at 12:21 pm

May God Bless you in all that you do, for standing up to these, “Trashy, immoral,ungodly, people”, who are a terrible influnce on our children. If for no other reason the farmer should have banned them from his fields because they could have set his crops on fire with all the smoking they were doing.

Carry ON,

JDeer

mom

posted September 30, 2011 at 6:28 pm

I am proud of this gentleman for taking a stand. It seems we equate talent with how many clothes women are willing to remove. I am tired of it. They look as though they should be on a street corner and what are they modeling for young girls? We are sliding into an abyss.

Paladinsf

posted October 2, 2011 at 6:11 pm

He has a right to do this it is his field. But it does so just how believing in this stuff leads to some really stupid acts.

The guy be better off charging a fee and using the $ to LEARN something.

SWEETHANG

posted October 3, 2011 at 7:20 am

THANKS MR. GRAHAM. ONE SHOULD REALIZE YOU DONT HAVE TO SHOW ALL TO GAIN SUCCESS IT COME WITH TALENT. MALES LIKE THE THRILL OF A HUNT IT GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO.

josie

posted October 3, 2011 at 8:01 am

Standing on your convictions is the right thing to do – but more importantly was sharing the Gospel! Perhaps one day she will be singing Christian music – after all God Blessed her with her voice!

Geneva

posted October 3, 2011 at 8:46 am

To God be the glory for Mr. Graham’s stand for God, Christ and Christian morals. Everybody does NOT fall for fame because women show everything they have. Some things are to be seen only by that person, God, a spouse, or a doctor when necessary. We need more Christians to take a stand. I love Beyonce’ but I don’t have to see her bouncing her butt, as she and Rihanna and other do to make money. That is why it’s called wordly, because most of the world goes along with it. Unfortunately, even 80% of the Christians. Money and nakedness is all it takes for some… May God continue to bless Mr. Graham. I don’t care how much Rihanna do from now on, she will never forget that day!

Cheryl

posted October 3, 2011 at 9:13 am

I am very glad for his bravery. I am glad he got to tell her about the Gospel. I hope she listened.

STACEY POLER

posted October 3, 2011 at 9:22 am

Ppl idolize the wrong ppl and rihanna is one of them. Kudos to the farmer. It must of been pretty bad…smoking weed and displaying sex…who would’ve just taken the money and said nothing? He cared more about spreading the word.

susan gill

posted October 3, 2011 at 9:23 am

Wow, what a wonderful testimony! If only more believers would just “pull up the tractor” and say enough to all the immorality that has been let loose.

Heidigirl

posted October 3, 2011 at 9:25 am

The man was right in what he did.Way to much “undressing” in movies / videos .Our children see ways of life, all to early to make right choices. Morals have gone right out the door.

Who are we to judge

posted October 3, 2011 at 9:28 am

Great morning, fellow brothers and sisters! You all are missing the picture here. Rihanna, is famous because of her talent and whom she’s become as a pop star singer, but needless to say that it was a perfect opportunity for Mr. Graham to present the word of God to her verses judging by apperiance. I am a mother of a teenage daughter, who keeps the best communication open source open with me. This is why I am disappointed in us who claim to be christian. Rihanna, needs the LORD, if you know exactly where you can find nd it in your heart and soul to make sure that you do not judge a book by its cover. Rihanna has sold her soul to the devil to be this famous, why not try to bring this child of God back tohis own free will. We need to impact the lives of pop culture and show them around the life of our Lord of Lord’s who died on the cross for our sins. The creator of this universe will come back for his bride and question is are you ready???? She needs us not to condemn her to hell. Rebuke every thought of negative impacts like yea they smoke all over the fields and might burn them down,, or she’s half naked. She past that she’s a lost soul who is seeking out of the devils wrath. You’re not brave enough to help but brave enough to criticize???? Rihanna you are a child of God and need Jesús in your life, he loves you and died for your sins as mines. You are such an inspiration to our younger population, why not try to make a difference in quality and service to serve the Lord, he loves you incondicional love is forever!!! We love you, prayers are sent your direction so that the Lord does his mysterious and embraces you with love that you’ve never felt. With God on our side, who can be against us???? God you and yours, love the Righteous one!!!!!

harry dubmen

posted October 3, 2011 at 9:57 am

I’m glad my daughter & her friends doesn’t listen to her anymore. Too many lyrics about sex and not enough clothes. Its no way going around it…its all u see and hear from her.

Vickey Ellis

posted October 3, 2011 at 10:07 am

I want to salute the farmer for having the guts to put Rihanna out of his holy fields. I am glad he was not tempted by the flesh. It is apparent that God is not the head of her life. Her money and beauty is her god. Hey tell her she is getting older and her stardom/ money will soon fade away.
Drugs and alcohol can’t feel the void where God needs to be present with her.
She may strut her stuff now, but beauty fades and alcohol/drugs can’t feel the void in our lives the way God can, by developing a relationship with him, who is the owner of every thing ( in Heaven and Earth).
Cheers to the Farmer he is truly a man after God’s own heart.

Yahooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

florence

posted October 3, 2011 at 11:36 am

Good move. We’ve got to reach the world for Jesus.

Patsy Davis

posted October 3, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Hurray for the Irish farmer who stood up against Rihanna and told her to leave his field due to her inappropriate dressing!!!!!!!!!! I am also glad that he advised her to seek the guidance of the Almighty! It is about time that the current artists dress appropriately for their videos and seek God’s help.

Nancie Trimm

posted October 3, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Oh If every Christian would stand up to for God and decency like that, this world would be so much better off. It is sinful the way the young people dress and act, and it is just excepted. And we are all to blame.

Janice

posted October 3, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I admire his courage to stand up for the reason he did.Bravo.May God Bless him richly.

Kevin Neilson

posted October 3, 2011 at 9:30 pm

if it was a guy dress inappropriatenoone would do anything about it so u all just need to shut ur mouth coz rihanna well always be gorgous and beautiful to me and if i had a farm i would always allow her to shoot to sing her gorgeous songs???? i do know some guys that sing and they dress very inappropriate more than wmen so i wouldn’t be talking !!!!!

Bajan Girl

posted October 3, 2011 at 11:17 pm

Rihanna once went to church in Barbados, now she allows the devil to use her and many are upset about the disgrace she has become. May God bless the farmer. Let us all pray for her to be committed to Jesus and spread the gospel with that voice. She has to consider her life in the light of eternity.

Christian

posted October 3, 2011 at 11:23 pm

May God save her and use her for His glory. Thanks farmer.

Roberto M. de la Vega

posted October 3, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Rihanna Has a lot to learn about life and it is about time someone took a stand for good morals. I just wish todays music was better, old time and grass roots.

Patricia

posted October 3, 2011 at 11:53 pm

I wish we all could stand up there is so much going on and we all know it isn’t right but we smile and say everyone has a right………where are our rights to live a life unburdened by other peoples choices we don’t agree with?

Patricia

posted October 3, 2011 at 11:55 pm

I say, turn off everything that causes you troubles……….stop going places that offend………..and maybe some of this stuff will stop……..

Jmm

posted October 4, 2011 at 6:17 am

I agree with Mr. Graham. I take it he talked with her more like a concerned father. I wish there were more like him, as the younger generation need to tone things down. Nothing wrong at being a singer, but they don’t need to show all their skin to do it. They say sex sells…well, sex needs to quit selling by provacative ways.

maurean shoulders

posted October 4, 2011 at 9:25 am

Praise God, it’s about time someone speaks up, it seems people are afraid to voice their opinion’s because she is a singer, but God has no preference to who you are and what you do, when you do things that is unacceptable to His Rules of Life and Living. When a person as such, doesnt have any respect for themselves, and things began to go wrong in their Life, starts whinning and complaing, why is this happening to me? .This is when they need to go to God, and start living a Godly Life and cast all their cares on Him. May God Bless You Mr. Farmer,and continue to make your place Holy ground and every thing you touch in your fields prosper.

Eddiegirl

posted October 4, 2011 at 10:20 am

I believe this farmer did the right thing & stood up for the Lord Jesus Christ like we all need to in this world! I appreciate what he did for this singer, so many ppl are lost & don’t realize they are on their way to hell. Today is the day of salvation, not when it is too late!

Trendy

posted October 4, 2011 at 10:49 am

Great!!More people should stand up for the rights of christ!!

Toni

posted October 4, 2011 at 12:22 pm

What an AWESOME witness! This man is truly tapped in! Most Christians would’ve just judged her .. in gossip and never would’ve taken the initiative to stand up Y’shua Jesus .. for what he believes..share the gospel with her! Tells me it’s time for us to be on our job… In Love..! I would imagine that this experience really impacted the star. Let’s watch for evidence of a change. I want to thank this fellow christian for the boldness that he posses because of the love of God that abides in his heart!

Ruth

posted October 4, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Way to go Mr. Graham!!! About time someone says enough to some of these videos! No one knows when their time will come, everyone needs to get right with God!

Rogelio Pasetes

posted October 4, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Praise the Lord!
Good job Mr. Graham you just demonstrated the proper use and respect to God given piece of land to the world.

Petronella

posted October 5, 2011 at 12:08 am

Good for him, I thank God that there are still people prepared to stand for their moral values.

carol gill

posted October 5, 2011 at 5:38 pm

good for you Alan Graham!! God bless you! If we had more men like you this world would not be in the state it’s in! Thanks for taking a stand for the Lord and sticking to your convictions!

cynthia

posted October 17, 2011 at 1:58 pm

I don’t think that was to bad what she had on the farmer should not have been looking they were shooting a video let her do her job nothing bad was intended it’s just a video shoot wow!!! That do not mean you don’t know GOD!!!

cynthia

posted October 21, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Mr. Graham if you agreed to let them use your field you should have left them alone point blank all this could have been avoided God loves us all everyone should know that!!

Jim

posted October 25, 2011 at 4:54 am

I would have kicked her out of my field for lighting the cigarette too. Thats not a place to be smoking. Dry grass and cigarettes don’t mix. I noticed the recording ended when she fired up that cigarette. A much bigger worry for me anyway.

As for kicking them out for her attire I can see his point. How was he to know she wasn’t going to get into a state of further undress, remember he admitted to not knowing who she was because he was long in the tooth, that’s old for those who don’t know what that means. ME I would have been ok with it but then again I know who she is so I would not be surprised at the activity.

Basically he had the legal right to let them use his property and the legal right to kick them off. I’m sure they found another field to finish filming.

D Stephan H

posted April 16, 2012 at 1:15 am

Amen! What a wonderful witnessing encounter for JESUS!