In addition to previously recommended Earth Day movies, take a look at these gorgeous documentaries about the creatures with whom we share this great planet:
1. March of the Penguins This worldwide sensation takes us to Antarctica, where these elegant birds triumph over brutal cold to protect their fragile eggs and tender chicks.
2. Flow: For Love of Water Our most precious natural resource and the threats from corporations, governments, and our own short-sightedness.
3. Winged Migration Soar with the birds in this breathtaking film.
4. Microcosmos The tiny creatures of the insect world are explored in mesmerizing close-up.
5. Born to Be Wild Rescue efforts for elephants and orangutans are heartwarming and inspiring in this beautifully filmed real-life story.