For Women’s History Month, check out this documentaries about extraordinary American women:
1. Ahead of Time: The Extraordinary Journey of Ruth Gruber She was the youngest PhD in the world, assistant to a member of FDR’s Cabinet, went on a secret mission to rescue 1000 Jewish refugees and American military personnel, and worked as a journalist.
2. Life of Sojourner Truth: Ain’t I a Woman? The eloquent spokeswoman for freedom and equality set an example that continues to inspire those who fight for justice.
3. Not for Ourselves Alone: The Story of Elizabeth Cady Stanton & Susan B. Anthony The story of the leaders of the movement to give voting rights to the disenfranchised half of the American population.
4. Dare to Dream: The Story of the U.S. Women’s Soccer Team The stirring story of Mia Hamm, Brandy Chastain, and the women’s soccer team.
5. Yoo-Hoo Mrs. Goldberg Aviva Kempner’s documentary about Gertrude Berg shows that she was more than the star of one of television’s first hit series, she was a pioneering producer and businesswoman as well.