The first Christmas movie quiz was so much fun I’ve got another one — a little harder this time!
1. Which movie based on a classic book stars a one-time Star Trek captain?
2. In which Christmas classic do children surprise a priest when they make an unusual choice for the song they sing to the baby Jesus in their nativity play: Happy Birthday?
3. Barbara Stanwyck stars in two movies that often show up at Christmas. In one she plays a journalist who writes Martha Stewart-style features about home-making but really can’t cook and then has to entertain her boss at Christmas. In the other she plays a thief who has to go home for the holidays with the prosecuting attorney who is trying to put her in jail. What are they?
4. In which of the great Christmas weepies of all time is an estranged couple re-united by a shawl and a painting?
5. Which animated Christmas movie features songs by the Broadway composer/lyricist team who went on to do “Funny Girl?”
6. One of the foremost American playwrights, known for tragedy, wrote just one comedy and it takes place at Christmas. It is about two couples, one newlywed, one married for several years, having marital problems and it stars Jane Fonda. What is the title?
7. A bitter, divorced father finds himself right in the middle of Christmas after an accident at his house has him taking over for a Christmas character in what movie?
8. In which caustic Christmas comedy does one relative, asked to say grace, recite the Pledge of Allegiance?
9. Which movie explains the four major food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corn and syrup?
10. One of the highlights of which all-star British movie is a performance of a Mariah Carey Christmas song by a group of children in a school holiday play that includes a “first lobster” at the nativity?