In honor of this month’s most talked-about movie, District 9 and the family movie “Aliens in the Attic,” here’s a quiz about some of the most memorable interplanetary visitors from the history of film.
1. While movie featured aliens who communicated via mashed potatoes, beams of light, and ultimately, musical notes?
2. Which “Star Trek” actor appeared in one of the highest-grossing alien movies of all time?
3. What movie has an alien using a recently-dead human’s DNA to replicate his body?
4. What movie has aliens played by Jim Carrey and Damon Wayans?
5. Some movies feature humans who marry aliens — can you name one?
6. Which Academy award-winning, classically trained actress appeared in two different movies where heart-warming aliens provided some assistance?
7. Aliens seem to like our nation’s capitol. Can you name two movies that feature invasions involving Washington DC landmarks?
8. Which alien story written by Jack Finney has now been made into four different films (so far)?
9. Which cartoon alien has such a strong following among scientists that his image appears on the Mars rover?
10. And which animated alien is befriended by a little Hawaiian girl?
Bonus question: Name two aliens from television series.