Beliefnet’s delightful Our Lady of Weight Loss is having a contest — tell her your favorite food scene in a movie and you could win a copy of her book!
Take a look and see if you can write a winning entry. I’m disqualified, but I’ll share some of my favorite food movies with you:
1. “Big Night” Two brothers prepare the dinner of their lives to try to save their failing restaurant.
2. “Babette’s Feast” Elderly sisters who live a life of simplicity and deprivation discover that their housekeeper was once a master chef when she makes a sumptuous banquet for them and their friends.
3. “Simply Irresistible” Magic seems to be one of the ingredients in the kitchen of a pretty young chef.
4. “Like Water for Chocolate” A young woman not permitted to be with the man she loves finds her emotions expressed through the food she prepares.
5. “Tom Jones” A sexy seduction over a messy meal is one of the highlights of this Best Picture Oscar winner.