The American Film Institute has invited 13-18-year-olds to submit entries for their ScreenNation website, which will:
– Build an online community of empowered 7â€“12th grade student filmmakers who give voice to their creativity while sharing ideas and feedback.
– Provide a focused online portal for millions of students using video in creative and educational ways, as well as thousands of schools, and other organizations which support these activities.
– Inspire and support students with instruction, challenges and tips from top movie professionals;
– Provide avenues of recognition for quality work;
– Become the definitive site for young people who create movies in the classroom and beyond;
– Provide educators with a safer online video posting and sharing site that integrates well with the increasing use of video in the classroom and related educational endeavors;
– Provide a tasteful, exciting media site for a select group of sponsors who wish to support the increased use of quality production by young people.
Submissions for AFI ScreenNation’s 1st Challenge Hometown Claim to Fame are being accepted now thru June 30th, with the winner announced July 15th.
The winning video entry will receive a Sony DCR-SR45 ~ HDD Handycam Camcorder w/ 30 GB Hard Disk Drive and Tripod.
Tom Cruise Runs -- Supercut I love this supercut of Tom Cruise's best running scenes, first because it shows the range of films he's worked in over the decades, and the different ways different directors and cinematographers shoot the scenes (and some similarities), and ...
You Can Help Support This new Ed Asner Film on Indiegogo [iframe src="https://www.indiegogo.com/project/love-meet-hope--2/embedded/221626" width="222px" height="445px" frameborder="0"]
Ed Asner stars in this new film about a young man who finds a book at his grandmother’s memorial, with a series ...
Movie Mom's Archives
Movie Mom's full archives of more than 2,500 reviews (including her 200 best films for families), 400 interviews with filmmakers and 4,000 blog posts is now on Beliefnet for searching.