The American Film Institute has invited 13-18-year-olds to submit entries for their ScreenNation website, which will:
– Build an online community of empowered 7â€“12th grade student filmmakers who give voice to their creativity while sharing ideas and feedback.
– Provide a focused online portal for millions of students using video in creative and educational ways, as well as thousands of schools, and other organizations which support these activities.
– Inspire and support students with instruction, challenges and tips from top movie professionals;
– Provide avenues of recognition for quality work;
– Become the definitive site for young people who create movies in the classroom and beyond;
– Provide educators with a safer online video posting and sharing site that integrates well with the increasing use of video in the classroom and related educational endeavors;
– Provide a tasteful, exciting media site for a select group of sponsors who wish to support the increased use of quality production by young people.
Submissions for AFI ScreenNation’s 1st Challenge Hometown Claim to Fame are being accepted now thru June 30th, with the winner announced July 15th.
The winning video entry will receive a Sony DCR-SR45 ~ HDD Handycam Camcorder w/ 30 GB Hard Disk Drive and Tripod.