The American Film Institute has invited 13-18-year-olds to submit entries for their ScreenNation website, which will:
– Build an online community of empowered 7â€“12th grade student filmmakers who give voice to their creativity while sharing ideas and feedback.
– Provide a focused online portal for millions of students using video in creative and educational ways, as well as thousands of schools, and other organizations which support these activities.
– Inspire and support students with instruction, challenges and tips from top movie professionals;
– Provide avenues of recognition for quality work;
– Become the definitive site for young people who create movies in the classroom and beyond;
– Provide educators with a safer online video posting and sharing site that integrates well with the increasing use of video in the classroom and related educational endeavors;
– Provide a tasteful, exciting media site for a select group of sponsors who wish to support the increased use of quality production by young people.
Submissions for AFI ScreenNation’s 1st Challenge Hometown Claim to Fame are being accepted now thru June 30th, with the winner announced July 15th.
The winning video entry will receive a Sony DCR-SR45 ~ HDD Handycam Camcorder w/ 30 GB Hard Disk Drive and Tripod.
For the 4th of July: Singing Founding Fathers in "1776" Happy Independence Day! Every year, I recommend the rousing musical about the Declaration of Independence. "1776" makes the Founding Fathers vivid, human, and interesting characters, and is so involving that you almost forget that you already ...
Sesame Street's Maria Says Goodbye Sonia Manzano has announced that she is leaving Sesame Street after 44 years. She was 22 years old when she auditioned for the brand new series that would revolutionize children's programming. She became Maria, one of the first Latina ...
Happy 99th Birthday, Olivia de Havilland! Two-time Oscar winner Olivia de Havilland turns 99 years old today. She was one of the biggest stars of the Golden Age of Hollywood, appearing memorably opposite Errol Flynn eight times, most memorably in "The Adventures of Robin ...
Contest: Win a DVD of "Hope Bridge" "Hope Bridge" is a new DVD from Pure Flix about the devastating impact of suicide. Christi and David Eaton produced the movie after having experienced suicide twice in their family. They knew the best way to reach out to others was through a ...
Trailer: No Ordinary Hero -- The SuperDeafy Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Yo3kRFW9g
Coming next month on DVD, "No Ordinary Hero: The SuperDeafy Movie" is the story of a deaf actor (John Maucere) who plays a deaf superhero in a campy television series. But he wants to be a real ...
Movie Mom's Archives
Movie Mom's full archives of more than 2,500 reviews (including her 200 best films for families), 400 interviews with filmmakers and 4,000 blog posts is now on Beliefnet for searching.