- Barre Center for Buddhist Studies
- Basic Mindfulness
- Bow Down Yoga
- Cambridge Insight Meditation Society
- Exquisite Mind Psychotherapy and Meditation Studio
- Go Beyond Words: Wisdom Publications Buddhist Blog
- Imagine Zero
- Insight Meditation Society
- Lawyers With Depression
- Living Mindfully
- Maya Center for Integrated Medicine and Research
- Mindful Awareness Research Center
- Mindful Hiker
- Mindfulness & Psychotherapy
- One City
- Opening the Heart Workshop
- Polly Young-Eisendrath
- Rev. Sam Trumbore
- Saltwater Buddha
- Shao Shan Temple Spiritual Practice Center
- Shambhala SunSpace
- Stephen Batchelor
- The Frontal Corex
- The Mindful Path
- Tiny Buddha
- Todd Sargood
- Vajra Dakini Nunnery
- Vermont Digger
- Wisdom Publications
- Yoga Sanga
Back by popular demand, here is another video by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
Jon Kabat-Zinn, best-selling author and authority onMindfulness and Integrative Medicine, at UCLA Royce Hall, October 6, 2010 tokick off National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Los Angeles, CA – September, 2010 – Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn,PhD, one of the world’s preeminent authorities on Mindfulness andIntegrative Medicine and one of the first to conduct actual clinical trials onthe use of meditation techniques to cure pain, anxiety, stress and illnessis coming to Los Angeles to do a benefit for the LA County Affiliate ofSusan Komen Race for the Cure.
Dr. Kabat-Zinn, Professor of Medicine emeritus at theUniversity of Massachusetts Medical School, studied with Zen Masters andwas a founding member of the Cambridge Zen Center, before the Buddhistteachings led him to medicine and the creation of a technique he calledMindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR).
MBSR, which, as Dr. Kabat-Zinn told the LA Times, brought”the heart of Buddhist meditation without the Buddhism into the mainstreamof Western medicine,” contributed to a growing movement of mindfulness ininstitutions such as hospitals, schools, corporations, prisons andprofessional sports organizations. At UMass Medical School,
Dr. Kabat-Zinn founded the Center for Mindfulness inMedicine, Health Care and Society, and the world-renowned Stress ReductionClinic.
Over 200 medical centers and clinics nationwide and abroadnow use the MBSR model.
The New York Times best-selling author of Full CatastropheLiving and Wherever You Go, There You Are, Dr. Kabat-Zinn was featured in BillMoyers’ PBS Special and book, Healing and the Mind. He serves on theBoard of the Mind and Life Institute, which organizes dialogues betweenthe Dalai Lama and western scientists and scholars to promote ways ofunderstanding the mind, emotion, and reality.
Dr. Kabat-Zinn’s appearance at Royce Hall is part of TheLynn Lectures and kicks off National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. MariaShriver is the event’s honorary chairperson.
Date & Time: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 7:30 p.m.with a reception for VIP ticket holders at 5:30 p.m.
Location: UCLA’s Royce Hall, 340 Royce Drive, Los Angeles,CA 90095
Pricing: Event ticket prices range from $10-$100 with aVIP Package* for $300.
VIP Package includes admission to an intimate receptionwith Dr. Kabat-Zinn prior to the lecture, admission to
the lecture and event parking.
Ticket Purchase: To read more information and to purchasetickets visit www.komenlacounty.org.
All proceeds from this event will benefit the Los AngelesCounty Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, with 75 percent goingdirectly back to local community efforts in the form of research grants, breastcancer support programs, screening, diagnostic tests and treatments forbreast cancer. The remaining 25% of the funds raised goes directly to Susan G.Komen national research.
For questions and more information about the event, pleasecontact: email@example.com