- Barre Center for Buddhist Studies
- Basic Mindfulness
- Bow Down Yoga
- Cambridge Insight Meditation Society
- Exquisite Mind Psychotherapy and Meditation Studio
- Go Beyond Words: Wisdom Publications Buddhist Blog
- Imagine Zero
- Insight Meditation Society
- Lawyers With Depression
- Living Mindfully
- Maya Center for Integrated Medicine and Research
- Mindful Awareness Research Center
- Mindful Hiker
- Mindfulness & Psychotherapy
- One City
- Opening the Heart Workshop
- Polly Young-Eisendrath
- Rev. Sam Trumbore
- Saltwater Buddha
- Shao Shan Temple Spiritual Practice Center
- Shambhala SunSpace
- Stephen Batchelor
- The Frontal Corex
- The Mindful Path
- Tiny Buddha
- Todd Sargood
- Vajra Dakini Nunnery
- Vermont Digger
- Wisdom Publications
- Yoga Sanga
My friend Eddie Justice, the one-eyed pit bull has just published his first book: Eddie’s Tale’s: Stories of Animal Love and Rescue. Eddie is the spokesperson for Justice for Dogs (JFD), a dog rescue organization here in Vermont.
My beloved Sumi came from JFD and the tale of her rescue is one of the featured stories in Eddie’s Tales. You can read about how Sumi was found abandoned and scared on the side of the road, hit by a car and then wound up at Eddie’s house where he greeted her with playfulness, non-judgment, and kindness. She then met Harley and fell in love and the rest, as they say, is history.
Eddie’s Tales is written for kids and adults alike. It’s for anyone was has ever adopted a canine friend or thought of doing so.
Eddie tells a good a good tale or “tail” as the case may be, especially for this first time trying to write.
Eddie is also selfless, generous, and commited to helping others. All proceeds from his book go to supporting animal rescue efforts in Vermont.
I was very touched by these tails of rescue and love, my own bias notwithstanding. The book is lovingly illustrated by the talented Katherine Washburn.
Join Eddie’s Love Pack today!