A Touch of Encouragement

A Touch of Encouragement

When Father’s Day is Tough

posted by Brandi Harkonen

Martha Williamson realizes that for some Father’s Day isn’t always a day to celebrate, but she reminds us that there is One Father who will always be there for us.
Watch Martha’s tribute to her father in “The Hero on the Dresser.”

William Weil

posted June 18, 2010 at 6:45 am

Thanks for this, Martha. I’m choosing to elect and acknowledge one Lou Kislik as someone who has stepped into that role in my later life. Someone who truly appreciated and acknowledged the work I’ve been doing as an adult (my book, “New Earth Relationships,” my uniquely interactive website for couples, LovePong.com, my writings in my blog at newearthrelationships.com) in a way that my own father, however loving, was incapable in his twilight years. Thank you Lou. Although we speak infrequently, your presence is always there like the earth beneath my feat.

Aileen Ortiz

posted June 18, 2010 at 9:22 am

Dear Martha: Once more thank you for your wise and kind words. This is the first Father’s Day for me without the physical presence of my dad. Not only that but, without my brother, as well. My brother passed at 44, two and a half months apart from our dad. It has been very sad and very emotional. My mom does not like to talk about it, making it more difficult for me not being able to share. Any way, it is comforting to know that there is someone out there that understand this sadness. Thank you for kindness and soft words. They refresh my soul.

Berta

posted June 18, 2010 at 5:53 pm

Thanks for all the inspiring messages you bring through this ministry. Berta

Deb

posted June 18, 2010 at 10:43 pm

My brother, Bill is my father figure … There is an eight year age difference between us, he being older. He is a great person and has always been the influence in my life. He is the person I looked up to and was always striving to be like. He was the person who most taught me what life is all about , how to set my goals and achieve them. He has taught me love and he is the one who cared for me as a child

Carol

posted June 20, 2010 at 11:06 am

Hi Martha,
My father was a father that never really knew how to love and it is sad because there was so much love in the house.
He became ill by a severe stroke at the age of fourty-five (45) and died at the age of fivety-five (55) and that was the first time I heard his voice asking about the children and who it was with in the yard excercising everyone was fine and he died.
He was a horrible father before the stroke and he got worse after the stroke so I really have nothing to say about him because he was a very mean person.
Carol

PATRICIA IRVINE

posted June 20, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Martha..
I so often enjoy listening to you..Today especially..On “Fathers Day” My Father passed away when I was 5years old..from “TB” so even in those 5 years..I was not able to be close to him… I have no idea how it would feel to have a Father. I did always envy those who had..I would cling to any Father of my friends..I remember..wishing they were mine…It has been a great void in my life. My three son’s have turned out to be “Super” Dad’s..I am so proud of them and thank God for the wonderful “role model” my husband was for them!!!

Lisa

posted June 21, 2010 at 6:44 am

thank you. I wish others Happy Fathers day….but when others wish me one I cringe.
I had a bad father even to this day he is the same. very sad.
Even so I called to wish him a Happy fathers day.
Yes someone did step in but it was not enough to satisfy my longing for a real good father.
It was my grandfather who lived till I at least graduated High school.
The other was short lived- a man my mother dated about 2 years after her divorce. He was a great guy in my eyes. Erick. I will not forget him. He even dropped me off to shcool when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. But He lied to my mother and was married. She ended that relationship about 6 months after it started—-which was good for her but even to this day I remember how much he meant to me.
yes my Father in heaven loves me and I have felt it.
My mother was really both mother and father to me. She did everything and made tremendous sacrifices for me to be able to do what I loved most.
Still so short lived- she died at the age of 51. From breast cancer Metastasis.
One of the worst days of my life. Until I got breast cancer at the age of 43. Following in her footsteps.
Funny thing though- I feel even closer to her now as before.
God Bless you! and thank you for your kind thoughts shared on video.
This is the first time I have ever heard of you, and I like you very much.

dEE

posted June 21, 2010 at 2:44 pm

God is the only 1 worthy of calling father in my life

More Blogs To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Martha Williamson. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here are some other blogs you may also enjoy: Red Letters with Tom Davis Recent prayer post on Prayables Most Recent Inspiration blog post Happy Reading!

posted 11:30:46am Aug. 16, 2012 | read full post »

New Videos Are Available on atouchofencouragement.com

posted 10:31:18am Sep. 17, 2010 | read full post »

New Videos Are Available on atouchofencouragement.com
Martha Williamson's "A Touch of Encouragement" videos can now be seen at atouchofencouragement.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

posted 3:09:00pm Jul. 27, 2010 | read full post »

Asking for Help
When we find ourselves too emotionally and physically exhausted to ask for help, Martha Williamson believes if we just stand still and call out to God with faith, confidence and patience He will be there to answer our prayer.

posted 5:54:24am Jun. 22, 2010 | read full post »

Are You Still Grieving?
Martha Williamson reaches out to a viewer who tragically lost her son.

posted 6:14:27am Jun. 15, 2010 | read full post »