A Touch of Encouragement

A Touch of Encouragement

Thanks to Dad

posted by Brandi Harkonen

Martha Williamson shares her unique Father’s Day gift idea.
Take a look at these uniquely designed “Thank You For Encouraging Me Dad” gift mugs by Martha!

Gramma

posted June 4, 2010 at 7:44 am

Very disappointing today, this plug for your product. I thought maybe you would have something encouraging to say to us who no longer have a father, who hate our fathers, who are sick at heart about the relationships with our fathers, or those who need God to be their father now more than ever. Left reading with a touch of UGH!! today.

Billy

posted June 4, 2010 at 8:27 am

A wonderful gift and idea. Fathers should be heart-warmed to receive such a thoughtful gift. My father would have loved it.

A.Z.

posted June 4, 2010 at 8:41 am

Perhaps “Gramma” rather than complaining, you might have offered some words of wisdom of your own about loving and appreciating fathers. I am certain that even Martha could use a little encouragement from time to time.
If you felt pressured or threatened by that weak a sales pitch, I pray that God might comfort you.
Imagine all the mothers viewing Martha’s video, being inspired by it and encouraging their own sons and daughters to design and create their own unique Father’s Day mug – a mug that deserving fathers might cherish for a lifetime.
God bless!

Alicia

posted June 4, 2010 at 9:25 am

What an awesome message. I learned that every dad has taught us something…Even if that is what NOT to do. Sometimes our parents mistakes can make us the great parent that we are. I have to say, who wouldn’t want to drink their coffee out of a love note from your child every day! It would have to make you smile. I love Martha’s homemade cup the best.

dEE

posted June 4, 2010 at 10:09 am

gramma will pay for everyones’ fATHER TO HAVE A GIFT SHE IS QUITE generous and has plenty of money.Her take of all fathers as rats boy i hope her’s wasn’t like that is all i can say.

Elayne Terry

posted June 4, 2010 at 11:45 am

I thought Gramma had a valid point…..not bitter, just a different take on Martha’s message. There are two sides to every story. Remain open and “read carefully”.

Doris

posted June 4, 2010 at 1:37 pm

When I was a young adult, my Sunday School class had a conversation about what God looked like. I said that I knew exactly what He looked like — He looks like my dad. If God is a loving father, He must look like my loving father who loved me unconditionally and always encouraged me to be the best I could be. Whatever positive I have accomplished in my life, it is because of his influence.
I wish my dad was still here so that I could present him with a cup like Martha and her daughters made for their husband and dad.
Thank you Martha for reminding how wonderful my dad was!

janna

posted June 5, 2010 at 9:27 pm

as always you are so inspiring…thank you so much

Shelli Parker

posted June 8, 2010 at 5:24 am

I agree, Gramma. It’s a shameless plug, and a not-very-original idea.

Shelley Patterson

posted June 15, 2010 at 8:55 am

I cannot believe the reactions to this video! I understand that we’re living in a miserable world right now with high unemployment and so much struggling. We’re struggling at our house, too. Don’t tear down Martha with such pettiness! Do you also hate the Christmas season because of the commercialism? I think your perspective needs to be adjusted! Shameless plug, my foot. Shameless sniping, I say. It was a thoughtful thing and when encouraged to make more, she did and offered it to any of us interested. Consider the things you say here carefully before posting. What would Jesus think?

More Blogs To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Martha Williamson. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here are some other blogs you may also enjoy: Red Letters with Tom Davis Recent prayer post on Prayables Most Recent Inspiration blog post Happy Reading!

posted 11:30:46am Aug. 16, 2012 | read full post »

New Videos Are Available on atouchofencouragement.com

posted 10:31:18am Sep. 17, 2010 | read full post »

New Videos Are Available on atouchofencouragement.com
Martha Williamson's "A Touch of Encouragement" videos can now be seen at atouchofencouragement.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

posted 3:09:00pm Jul. 27, 2010 | read full post »

Asking for Help
When we find ourselves too emotionally and physically exhausted to ask for help, Martha Williamson believes if we just stand still and call out to God with faith, confidence and patience He will be there to answer our prayer.

posted 5:54:24am Jun. 22, 2010 | read full post »

When Father's Day is Tough
Martha Williamson realizes that for some Father's Day isn't always a day to celebrate, but she reminds us that there is One Father who will always be there for us. Watch Martha's tribute to her father in "The Hero on the Dresser."

posted 6:10:00am Jun. 18, 2010 | read full post »