A Touch of Encouragement

A Touch of Encouragement

Pass or Fail

posted by Brandi Harkonen

Martha Williamson believes that the people who truly bless and enrich our lives are the people who have been with us in our everyday living, and she has a test to prove it!

betty

posted June 11, 2010 at 9:38 am

You don’t know me, but I know you by your videos and you bless me each day that I turn the computer on and watch one of your videos. Sometimes I laugh and sometimes I cry, but I always get a blessing out of them. I fell closer to God for a few minutes and I can say a littl prayer and then I can go on with my daily work. You see I work at a homeless shelter and I see a lot of tragedy and I need a little of encouragement to start my day.
Martha thank you for the wonderful videos that you put on the airwaves. Keep up the good works. God bless you. All my love. Betty

Kathy

posted June 11, 2010 at 10:27 am

your words are so so true. It all comes down to simplcity.

Karen

posted June 11, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Dear Martha,
After reading the words above my own, how can I adequately thank you without repeating Betty’s kind words?
Yet you are unfailingly encouraging and I sometimes wonder how you muster this courage and this without fail. Your messages come to each of us no matter what might be on your plate on any given day, yet you do so, and you do this with grace, humility and consistently. I believe your presence supports and sustains and all of your readers are grateful, I’m sure.
Some years ago, I once helped a friend with his new business by telemarketing near my high school home town. Wouldn’t you know it, but I came across my Grade 11 and then grade 12 English teacher. I was both nervous and excited seeing Mr. B’s name on my call list.
I can still remember hearing a trembling in his voice as I said how meaningful his classes had been for me, for those important years and the ones that have since followed. When I’d finished thanking him, and rather profusely too, Mr. B. – who had always known just the right words to say to his classroom – was for a brief moment at a loss for just the right words. And for an equally brief moment, he and I communicated as adults. During our conversation, he was noticeably moved when I shared the lasting impression he’d left me with. It was a joyfully memorable moment that lives on with me now and possibly for all of my time.
Thank you Martha. Thank you Mr. B. You each bring memorable and touching gifts with your very presence.

Angie

posted June 11, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Hi Martha
Thank You Again for such beautiful insight!!! I really could not top what you write or say. People I do remember, I still have as friends, and they will always be close to my heart. You see People come in to are lives for a purpose, and we alays seem to learn something from them. But God should be in are lives every day, and we should love him with are whole heart and soul. You are such a God send for people Bless you Always for doing so. Gog Bless Angie

Dyan Raymond

posted June 12, 2010 at 9:15 am

Good Morning Martha,
It’s funny that your topic today is about making someone happy. I was just feeling sad about the mean, and cruel ways of people that I’ve come across over the years. I didn’t dwell on it for long, this morning. I feel sorry for people who are so miserable with themselves. It’s sad! But, I learned from those mean people, too! I learned that being nice makes me feel good about myself, as well as making other people happy too! It’s the Godly thing to do.
Martha, I think that’s a sweet idea, to look up one of my teachers and tell them about the positive, difference they made in my life. I did have some really nice teachers. I’m married to a teacher and there truly is something special about a “Teacher”. I just might tell him what a difference he’s made in my life, a good one!!
I bet you’ve made a wonderful difference in many peoples lives, not only to the people in your daily life, but those you’ve never met before, and I’m one of them.
Thank you Martha.
With Love,
Dyan Raymond

Alice M. H

posted June 12, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Thanks for your message here. I really think if I wrote a fan letter today it would be to you Martha! The fact is I only new the answers of my friends and family and thats all you really need in life, love and spirituality!!

Lillian Denise Bell

posted June 15, 2010 at 4:19 am

Dear Martha,
Thank you so much for Touched By An Angel it was truly a wonderful show and the message that it brought across. Tonight on our tv channel (M-net Series) is the last of TBAA. I wish that you would make a 10th season or a full length movie. Anyway I would like to share a little something that I have written, I am not much of a poet but the words are from the heart:
The LORD is our refuge and in His everlasting arms we will be safe,
We know and trust Him, He will lift us high and protect us from every evil attack,
He is our shelter, our strong tower it is into His arms we will run and we shall never
have to fear for He is always near.

Carol

posted June 16, 2010 at 10:17 am

Hi Martha,
I just want to answer all those questions with one (1) name and it is my Mother and her name was Lucille P. Kirchner.
She was my everything and she always will be and that is something I am so proud of.
Carol

More Blogs To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Martha Williamson. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here are some other blogs you may also enjoy: Red Letters with Tom Davis Recent prayer post on Prayables Most Recent Inspiration blog post Happy Reading!

posted 11:30:46am Aug. 16, 2012 | read full post »

New Videos Are Available on atouchofencouragement.com

posted 10:31:18am Sep. 17, 2010 | read full post »

New Videos Are Available on atouchofencouragement.com
Martha Williamson's "A Touch of Encouragement" videos can now be seen at atouchofencouragement.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

posted 3:09:00pm Jul. 27, 2010 | read full post »

Asking for Help
When we find ourselves too emotionally and physically exhausted to ask for help, Martha Williamson believes if we just stand still and call out to God with faith, confidence and patience He will be there to answer our prayer.

posted 5:54:24am Jun. 22, 2010 | read full post »

When Father's Day is Tough
Martha Williamson realizes that for some Father's Day isn't always a day to celebrate, but she reminds us that there is One Father who will always be there for us. Watch Martha's tribute to her father in "The Hero on the Dresser."

posted 6:10:00am Jun. 18, 2010 | read full post »