A Touch of Encouragement

A Touch of Encouragement

Asking for Help

posted by Brandi Harkonen

When we find ourselves too emotionally and physically exhausted to ask for help, Martha Williamson believes if we just stand still and call out to God with faith, confidence and patience He will be there to answer our prayer.

Iris

posted June 22, 2010 at 7:57 am

Thank you, Martha. You always remind me of God’s faithfulness. I agree with you . No matter how we feel, we could stand still and seek for God’s help. Even though we only utter a single word or just call out to Him from our heart, God will hear us. Knock, and the door will open. Seek, and you will find. Ask, and you will be given.

LINDER

posted June 22, 2010 at 8:07 am

thank you for your words of encouragement, which i really need today. i am calling for Gods help in my life please pray my strength i am weak.

sandi angel

posted June 22, 2010 at 8:12 am

Thank you for that little reminder. Many times in my life, I’ve cried out “Help” to the Lord God. And you’re right–He knows the rest. I’ve been so down at times in the past that I’ve had to remind myself that there was a plan in what I was going through. I had to hang tight–sometimes for years–and it would be revealed. I’ve started to come full circle in my life, not ever imagining–when I graduated High School–that this is where I’d be at this time in my life. God knew what he had planned for me even to the extent of my last name. I looked through an old year book of my graduating class (and trust me I hadn’t looked at it for 20 or 30 years) and beside my name it said “She was cute out to be an angel” and that now is my last name. I believe that when we go through hard times we learn to speak many languages as the Bible says. Meaning we can communicate with so many others in the hardships they’re going through. If your husband leaves you–you can sooth someone’s tears because you’ve been through it. If you’ve been abused–you can hug someone and tell them to get out of the relationship, etc., etc. God has a plan for us all. Can I hear an AMEN!! Thanks, Martha!

Chris

posted June 22, 2010 at 8:26 am

Thank you for your beautiful words, from the heart and so gently guiding us to remember God knows what we need, and standing still, and having faith, is the best way, and if you are feeling in need, that God will greatly bless you, Martha for all your beautiful words, you bring us, all.

jana

posted June 22, 2010 at 8:44 am

martha … i’ve so needed to “stand still and look to God for help” … thank you for being God’s messenger to me … bless you

Teresa

posted June 22, 2010 at 10:43 am

Wow, what timing! Rheumatoid Arthritis has robbed me of so much of my strength at a time when it seems there are so many demands from others. I’ve been sitting at home watching my TBAA DVD’s hoping to hear something of encouragement or some word from the Lord that I am still seen, I am still heard, and I am still loved. My physical strength is so depleted, as is my emotional and spiritual strength. These words of reassurance came at such a great time; I was beginning to think He had forgotten me. I’ll just wait quietly and patiently and I know He will speak to me again.

dEE

posted June 22, 2010 at 11:15 am

He never failed me yet

Linda

posted June 22, 2010 at 1:45 pm

The past few years have been troublsome . I found out I have Fibromyalgia . Which can take it’s toll on a person. The problem that has developed is with family. I’m the one that holds everybody together. I have helped my mom out with money alot lately, even when I can’t afford it . The last time just sent me over the edge. I prayed to my dad ,”please tell me I’m doing the right thing. Tell me you are happy with me. Show me a sign A rainbow, a shooting star, a comet , something I am losing my mind !” The very next day I got a “wrong number ” voice mail. The person said” thank you for the money . I love you.” I laughed and said out loud to my dad,” that’s the best you can do , a wrong number” I laughed through my tears.

Alice M. H

posted June 22, 2010 at 2:39 pm

You are so right and I believe in your words today as I am not in that dark place I have been in so many times in the past. I am struggling currently but feel that the angel is looking over my shoulder and steer me in the path that is the one that continues to shine God’s light even though it seems distant at times.
Your words uplift me when I am least expecting it, because you shine upon topics I have left behind in my day to day life and when I sit here and listen to your messages they come out loud and clear.

ANGIE

posted June 22, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Hi Martha
Again you touch a place in my heart, Yes God is always there for us, all we have to do is ask!!!!!.He knows are hearts anyway, so he knows what we need in are every day lives.He loves us so much ,That is why he is are Lord God Almighty.Like nothing is impossible in Gods eyes!!!! Thank You Martha For Such Great insight , You Touch Peoples hearts everywhere.!!!! God Bless You & Your Family Always Angie

Tabitha

posted June 22, 2010 at 10:36 pm

He has never let me down……Because of him I know everything will be alright. God Bless you Martha and your family and all those who view your videos and their families.

Carol

posted June 23, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Hi Martha,
I just love listening to you and you always make me think but that is the way I feel everyday I just wish more people would understand that and Love Our Dear God everyday as I do.

More Blogs To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Martha Williamson. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here are some other blogs you may also enjoy: Red Letters with Tom Davis Recent prayer post on Prayables Most Recent Inspiration blog post Happy Reading!

posted 11:30:46am Aug. 16, 2012 | read full post »

New Videos Are Available on atouchofencouragement.com

posted 10:31:18am Sep. 17, 2010 | read full post »

New Videos Are Available on atouchofencouragement.com
Martha Williamson's "A Touch of Encouragement" videos can now be seen at atouchofencouragement.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

posted 3:09:00pm Jul. 27, 2010 | read full post »

When Father's Day is Tough
Martha Williamson realizes that for some Father's Day isn't always a day to celebrate, but she reminds us that there is One Father who will always be there for us. Watch Martha's tribute to her father in "The Hero on the Dresser."

posted 6:10:00am Jun. 18, 2010 | read full post »

Are You Still Grieving?
Martha Williamson reaches out to a viewer who tragically lost her son.

posted 6:14:27am Jun. 15, 2010 | read full post »