A Touch of Encouragement

A Touch of Encouragement

Leave it at the Altar

posted by Brandi Harkonen

While filming the revelation scene for the Touched By an Angel episode “Out of the Darkness”, Martha Williamson was reminded of how important it is to leave our burdens at the altar with God instead of just “letting them go.”

Heather Walker

posted May 14, 2010 at 7:23 am

Found the video profoundly moving when I realized that you are/were the producer of Touched By An Angel. Tears welled up in my eyes because I always wanted to write the shows producers and tell them what a blessing each episode was as I was going through my life of heartache. The show taught me to open the eyes and ears of my heart so that I would recognize other messengers that God would send me during my day to minister His love to me. I never had the chance to do so before now.
Every episode seen seemed to meet the need of that day and it wasn’t long before tears were splashing down my cheeks because each episode affirmed to me in a visible way that God cared about me and loved me through the messengers in my life. I never had the chance to tell each actor how they impacted my life. I smile now to think HIS TIME not mine.
Thank you for your emails as they give me the incentive to keep one foot in front of the other and to know that my Redeemer lives! Thank you for the blessing of that program, I always took the wise admonishments to be mine. How I wish the networks had the quality of show that Touched By An Angel did – our world needs to know that God is still using messengers and His love to touch and change hearts.

Linda Hamm

posted May 14, 2010 at 8:41 am

I absolutely agree with Heather Walker.
The show was a blessing to me and my family.
Most shows have to have sex and violence and filthy (unnecessary) bad language in order to stay on the air…even the comedy is not enjoyable to watch.
There have been lots of shows that I loved with good values and good acting and you get attached then they take them off the air after a few shows or one season….
just doesn’t make any sense.
I have had people walk into my life for a short time conveying something I have needed to hear or learn and thankfully have become mature enough to understand that is the way life is.
Really connecting and feeling Gods love through them is something that stays with you.
You then are aware of ways you can connect and be there for someone else.
Thank you for Touch By an Angel and the wonderful memories.

Kathleen Allen

posted May 14, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Martha,
Thank you for those final scenes in Touched by an Angel. It was clear in watching these episodes over the years that a lot of thought went into those final revelation speeches to ensure that each imparted truth to us. “Let it go” versus “Leave it here” – what a wonderful truth. We need a Savior to take our burdens from us. We can’t just “Let it go” into some ether out there. We have to give our sinful tendencies and burdens to our Savior and receive the healing and forgiveness that only He can offer. Thank you for producing these “A Touch of Encouragement” videos, with your continuing reminders of what is needed for our happiness.

Angie

posted May 14, 2010 at 11:01 pm

Hi Martha
Touched by a Angel was one of thoes shows, that you always felt good watching it and went away feeling really good.Roma Downey was a great Angel actor in thoes shows,I would think to myself is this for real , because she played such a great part. I also felt a little
Happy because she came from Derry in Northern Ireland , the same place I was born.Yes we
should leave are troubles to God ,He is always there for us and he wants us to have Great Faith in him!!!!!! Thank You Again For Such Great Insight. God Bless Angie

Glenda

posted May 16, 2010 at 1:43 am

Thank you for this timely message. I am having a lot of stress in my life right now. My husband isn’t working and my hours got cut back. yet I have seen God work. I now have a bad case of a rash. Would appreciate your prayers. Thank you.

Verdunl

posted May 16, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Thank you for the lovely message of Leave it at the altar my husbanb die on march 27 2010 from lung cancer and i miss him sooo badly i think of him avery awake monement when he die i whisper to him to send me a sign that only me and him knew that he is ok i’ve been waiting for the sign since he die this message has been a blessing and i think this is my sign from him

Ade

posted May 18, 2010 at 2:27 am

I know that this article was definitly put hear for me. This is the first time I’ve ever read this email,Beliefnet. In March my husband that is 59 years old had a very devestating stroke. He can’t speak and is paralyzed on the right side. He is right handed.
He didn’t just have one he had two or three. Our van broke down,and needed a new car or just a good running one.Then I had plumbming problems. Plus Ric developed complications and was hospitalized again and put back in ICU. His first trip there lasted three weeks.
I was begging for prayers from anyone,and I was in constant prayer. I know it sounds like it couldn’t get any worse for me,first I got a positive sign. I found a car that was a 2002 but only had 12,000 miles on it and was just like new. A friend had the amount for the car and gave it to me.Then Ric got out of the hospital and back to the same Rehab
facility, by the way was a very good one. Then May came, I was driving one beautiful morning and was on a road that they had been working on but,to the eye done. The shoulders were still high. One grab the tire of the car and jerked it off the road. The car was totaled. I thought I was a little banged up, I ended up in the hospital for a couple of days too. I thought my whole world was falling apart I couldn’t take any more. Mom told me to tell God I can’t take any more and leave it there. That was Sunday May16th, now today I came accross this article. Now I know just what Mom really meant. Thanks to your article I know what to do. Thank you for helping understand.

joanne crosby

posted May 19, 2010 at 5:49 am

What a beautiful way to start my day with sweet tears of surrender. Thank you Martha for the reminder to leave my so called burdens at the altar.
Have a God Blessed Day everyone!!!
Joanne
P.S. I Love You

rose

posted May 19, 2010 at 6:49 am

i was struggling with drug addition for many years of my adult life and i awoke one day after a nite of doing drugs and just felt useless, drained and so gulity of what i was doing for iknew in my heart, this isnt me , i wanted to have this terrible demon drivin out of my body and soul for he had been destoying me for such a long time. I had been in and out of rehabs 3 times, it only helped for a while, then i would start up again .then , that one day , i awoke crying, i through my hands up to the heavens and said I SURREND TO YOU,MY LORD. for the next few days i was tempted to go and get more drugs, but something was holding me back, like a feeling you get when you know something bad will happen if you do that certain thing then i realized my God and His Angels were giving me the hel i needed for so long scince that incredible moment. i have been drug free, no rehabs, no therepy, no consulors, just God by myside , I know now the immense power of believing, and praying to God has on me . this is my true testimony andd I believe in my heart and soul without Him i would have either been going to jail or die a untimely death. Believe in Jesus Christ, for without Him we are lost sould .

Donna Jackson

posted June 7, 2010 at 10:34 am

Thanks …
You and the show were and are amazing! As many have already shared it was a show that was a much welcomed break from ALL that TV was offering. It was a show that lighten the heart and soul to the possiblilties of BELIEVING again in that greater power out there but mostly in oneself! As one chooses to come back to the love of self the love of ALL beings simply follows with no effort … thus the trusting and believing in God/Universe is there for everyone!
It was a heavy day to see the program go off air … it was welcomed into sooo many homes for those ready to BE the change they wanted in the world. IT WAS TIME AND IS TIME STILL!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL! To ALL who worked on it in whatever facet you ALL are forever blessed for being!
Love to all
Donna

Jonathan kitchen

posted June 7, 2010 at 11:18 am

I love the show’Touched by an Angel” it is a tear gerker. It always reminded me of how much I Love God. It shows on Hallmark channel. Lets watch together and we’ll sheed a tear together.

Kizzy

posted June 8, 2010 at 2:37 pm

There is a song that I sang in church when I was about 10 yrs old, entitled, “Take Your Burdens To The Lord, And Leave Them There”. Well, I am now 62 yrs old, and we still sing that song in Church. These words spoken by you Ms. Williamson, are so very true. God made us a promise – - that He would never leave us, nor forsake us. I know for a fact, that this is so very true. My Mother, may she rest in peace, brought us up in the Church from birth (14 other siblings), and taught us to lean on God for our every need. We knew to go to our parents for normal things, but beyond that, we had “family prayer” every night. Each one of us asked God for what we knew our parents could not provide. To this day, I pray before getting into bed, and when I wake up in the morning. I ask God to give me strength and wisdom to make it thru the day.
I had lost my job and husband after purchasing a brand new home. This was also the very same day that my Mother was diagnosed with cancer. I didn’t realize it at the time, but God was putting me into the position of having time to care for my Mom. She lasted one year. On the day that she passed away, I received a call from a company that I had been trying to get hired by. They wanted me to start work immediately!! So, God let me be around to care for my Mom, and when she passed away, he provided me with the job that I wanted. Can I say that the entire year, my mortgage was paid on time! How? He put people in my pathway to help me. That’s God for you!!!!