A Touch of Encouragement

A Touch of Encouragement

The Best Valentine Ever

posted by Brandi Harkonen

Martha Williamson shares the Valentine’s Day gift she’ll never forget.
Watch “A Valentine to Wait For” for more Valentine’s Day stories.

Brian T. Seguin (Canadian)

posted February 12, 2010 at 7:48 am

Hello Martha, Yes; You probably get gazzillions of e-mails every day, so, here is gazzillion + 1. Touched by an Angel, in my mind, is without a doubt the ” BEST ” ever production of a tv. series, and or the movie scene since the invention of film. It wasn’t till the ? 3rd. / 4th. season that I stummbled onto T.B.A.A. and since then, I think I have every episode taped, at least twice, or more…lol. Patricia Lawson, poor thing, has M.S. and I try to act on her behalf,in taking care of her needs, etc. and I also got her involved in watching it, and after an episode, I usually have to wait 5 / 10 min. before calling her, as I know she can barely speak, as she is emotionally crying, just like me, and i’m 57. Martha, You have been BLESSED as for bringing the Word of God to soooooo many people. Yes, I was also in broadcasting, and it happened so fast, due to a 5 dollar film camera, I also excelled in it, and went on to tv broadcasting for our Federal Gov,t here in Canada,… I was in Heaven… but due to the fact we are now a bilingual country, I could not speak french to my camera!!!, and as a result, I had a horrific accident when I was let go. Watching the credits, I would have Loved to be a part of production, even if I was to wash the car, polish shoes, it would have been all for FREE.. with, maybe a meal thrown in from time to time…lol. I think, You, CBS, and not to forget God, should all get together for 1 more final production, ie: a made for tv. special, and or a feature length movie, as it will bring back the cast, as for to straigten up some sort of catastropy that may be lurking in the wings, as a pre-Jesus returning to straighten up this out of order World. Thanks But anyways, Peace be with You. Reguards… Brian

Bryan C.

posted February 12, 2010 at 9:20 am

I have to agree 100% with Brian T. Seguin. We would all love to see (at least) one more production of Touched By An Angel – a long movie with Tess, Monica, and Andrew. Your production, directing, and writing skills are beyond description. You have so much love for God and us common people … I can’t find the proper words to tell you how much we love you.

Terry Chase

posted February 12, 2010 at 11:46 am

Brian has the same thought as many of us. It is time for a TV movie if not full length film
to bring the actors called by God back together with the writers and production staff called by God,
to complete the good work He has begun through you. Filmic writing background coming forth
with so many needed thoughts….we see the signs, we know the world is spinning off course, a new world
order does threaten, so much to be addressed. We ask you to seriously seek God’s direction in
regard to this (if you haven’t already!) As always in His Love, Terry

Alice M. H

posted February 12, 2010 at 2:17 pm

This is so interesting because I wrote a note to my boyfriend, this is our first Valentine’s Day with each other. It is scarry to try to make a relationship work when we have both been hurt in the past but I cling to the hope and messages you gave here because I wrote him a Valentine note with the card I am giving him to express my thoughts the same way.

Janet Schultz

posted February 12, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Martha,
i don’t have the words to tell you how much i appreciate you.
you are beautiful and you have a beautiful Soul,and i know that God appreciates you to for everything you do in his name.
please say a prayer for me and my family,my family has been broken.
my oldest son hasn’t talked to me or any of his siblings or any of the family for 13 years because he got mad at me.and his two children have grown up without knowing me thier Grandmother.i haven’t seen him or his children in person for all this time.
i have done everything that i can think of to get him to love his family again.
i have sent letters and cards and i have tried to call him but nothing works.
i have been praying about this for years and it seems like God doesn’t hear my prayers.but i do know that God does things in his time.
i want to thank you for touched by a Angel,i still watch it a lot.
Happy Valentines Day and Happy Anniversary to you and your husband,
Janet

Lupe Montalvo

posted February 12, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Martha, I pray that somehow GOD uses you to bring his message on TV or the movies once again. A remake of TBA with orginal cast would be fantastic. Last night I watched the last epesoide of the series and my heart is still crying, after seeing the cast walk in different directions. I think more then ever this world is hungry for positve energy, your gift can make a difference. I know TBA did for me.
God Bless and thank you for sharing a rare and beautiful gift.
Lupe Montalvo

Bob McEwan

posted February 13, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Dear Martha,
Thanks for the story, for all the stories; I have enjoyed so many. Thank you for this idea though. Two weeks ago we lost our beloved Airedale Terrier, Sadie. She was my wife’s but we both adored her so much. When she was diagnosed with kidney disease we knew what we were facing and we knew what she was facing. I can’t tell you how much we loved her and how much love she gave back to us both. We love her son, BJay and her sister Sassy too and they, like us are mourning the loss of dear Sadie. BJay looks for her every morning and then drops his ears and resigns himself to another day without Mom. I want to take your idea and a favorite photo of my Wife and Sadie and give that for Valentines Day. Because I too am grateful for all of life’s blessings and my Wife and Sadie are surely two of the best. Peace Always, Bob

Ann B

posted February 15, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Martha, this was extremely healing to my heart and soul! I thank God for your sharing this personal incident; when you said that your husband wrote that Bible verse in the letter to you, the tears came… God’s light and love found its way to a deep place in my heart that had been dark and numb…
“I have been maimed by life’s cruel blows and strikes. But the Master Mender, Jesus Christ, brings healing full, complete…” from a poem I’m working on :)
God’s continued blessings to you and your family! Ann

Diana

posted February 18, 2010 at 9:55 am

The most memorable Valentine I ever received was when I was about 15. I was a “dorky” teenager, on the 2nd bus run, last stop going home from high school. None of the other kids would sit with me, so I sat behind the bus driver, a grandpa-like man who chatted with me during the long bus ride home. He gave me a small heart-shaped box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day that year. What a kind gesture from a man who saw the loneliness of a girl who didn’t fit in. My heart was so touched, and since then, I have given small heart-shaped boxes of chocolates to my sons and grandchildren on Valentine’s Day. Passing it on!

reader

posted February 18, 2010 at 8:55 pm

That was a very beautiful story Diane had shared.
It reminded me of an elderly woman i met on a train in New York, too.
She touched my heart and I truly hope she is doing well at this time.
Funny, many stories readers shared in your blog, reminded me so much of many things surrounding me. Inspired & shaped my soul dearly.
I hope this world can be built with only love away from hate.
reader-

More Blogs To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Martha Williamson. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here are some other blogs you may also enjoy: Red Letters with Tom Davis Recent prayer post on Prayables Most Recent Inspiration blog post Happy Reading!

posted 11:30:46am Aug. 16, 2012 | read full post »

New Videos Are Available on atouchofencouragement.com

posted 10:31:18am Sep. 17, 2010 | read full post »

New Videos Are Available on atouchofencouragement.com
Martha Williamson's "A Touch of Encouragement" videos can now be seen at atouchofencouragement.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

posted 3:09:00pm Jul. 27, 2010 | read full post »

Asking for Help
When we find ourselves too emotionally and physically exhausted to ask for help, Martha Williamson believes if we just stand still and call out to God with faith, confidence and patience He will be there to answer our prayer.

posted 5:54:24am Jun. 22, 2010 | read full post »

When Father's Day is Tough
Martha Williamson realizes that for some Father's Day isn't always a day to celebrate, but she reminds us that there is One Father who will always be there for us. Watch Martha's tribute to her father in "The Hero on the Dresser."

posted 6:10:00am Jun. 18, 2010 | read full post »