My friend Phil recently sent me an email featuring the “Cowboy’s Ten Commandments.” He said these were posted in the Cross Trails Church in Fairlie, Texas. Curious, I did a little digging around the Internet. Sure enough, there is a Cross Trails Cowboy Church in the community of Fairlie, Texas (northeast of Dallas). And, sure enough, this church has posted the “Cowboy’s Ten Commandments” on the wall.
So, with no further ado, here are the “Cowboy’s Ten Commandments”:
(2) Honor yer Ma & Pa.
(3) No telling tales or gossipin’.
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meeting.
(5) Put nothin’ before God.
(6) No foolin’ around with another fellow’s gal.
(7) No killin’.
(8) Watch yer mouth.
(9) Don’t take what ain’t yers.
(10) Don’t be hankerin’ for yer buddy’s stuff.