Lynn v. Sekulow

Lynn v. Sekulow

Thanks for the Memories

posted by Rev. Barry W. Lynn

Well Jay, the time has come for me to say goodbye. Note to people who are really happy about this: I’m not leaving the planet, just this blog.

As I noted in a personal email, after much thought, I have decided to end my participation and contribution to Lynn v. Sekulow and will be doing some blogging elsewhere.

I’ve enjoyed debating these issues with you. I’m sure we’ll encounter each other on the cable television and college circuits. You definitely make a wonderful sparring partner.

I appreciate all our loyal readers who post comments here. I encourage you all to keep  up your interest in these important constitutional issues. I wish you the best.

Grumpy Old Person

posted November 22, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Rev. Lynn, you and your voice of reason will be much missed. It’s so refreshing to hear from a religious man who is also progressive. Christ Himself was also progressive, and it saddens me to see and hear so many people of faith spit on progress, liberty and justice for all, and the many freedoms America has lost in the past decade.
Take good care of yourself.

Mr. Incredible, in the Name of Jesus, the ONLY Way to the Father

posted November 22, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Grumpy Old Person:
Christ Himself was also progressive [read: Lib]…
Mr. Incredible says:
Actually, He was/is quite conservative; it was/is His way and no other.

Mr. Incredible, in Jesus' Name, the ONLY Name by Which we must be saved!

posted November 22, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Of course, to say that Christ — the Word — is progressive is the viewpoiint of the Liberal theology, a discredited way of looking at Him.

Rich

posted November 22, 2010 at 7:44 pm

Rev. Lynn,
I will be sad to see you end your posts here. Your comments and reasoned observations were always assurance to me that there was at least one voice on the national level that countered the misguided editorials of Mr. Sekulow.
Likely, the new Congress will require your attention there more than it is need here.
Thanks,

Rich

posted November 22, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Mr. I,
Where will you post now? ChristianJihadist.org?

Mr. Incredible, in the Name of Jesus, in Whom we are more than conquerors!

posted November 23, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Rich says:
Rev. Lynn,
Your comments and reasoned observations…
Mr. Incredible says:
But no wisdom.
Rich says:
… were always assurance to me that there was at least one voice on the national level that countered the misguided editorials of Mr. Sekulow.
Mr. Incredible says:
“Misguided,” according to whom? By what standard?
Just cuz you disagree with him doesn’t mean HE is “misguided.” It means YOU are misguided.
Read more: http://blog.beliefnet.com/lynnvsekulow/2010/11/thanks-for-the-memories.html#ixzz169CKUzQQ

Steve

posted November 24, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Rev Lynn,
I will miss reading your writings here. I will miss also keeping tabs on what Jay Sekulow and his band of vitriolic hatred makers are up to.
I completely understand -
First – This was not a debate, I’ve yet to see any writings where you and Jay Sekulow address the same topic.
Second – It’s hard to have a conversation with a Brick Wall. Brick Walls will not, can not adjust their frame of thinking based on reality. Indeed, Kurt P. Wise, a noted creationist geologist is noted for saying that even if all of the evidence in the universe pointed to an evolutionary creation, he would disregard it because it contradicts what he reads in his book. One can not argue or reason with logic like that. All one can do is limit the damage it can bring.
There is no doubt that Mr. Sekulow and those who fund/believe as he does seek to create a theocracy in the United States, wherein they would deny basic rights and freedoms guaranteed by our constitution to those who do not believe as they do.
I became a christian about 34 years ago in part due to the love and compassion that I saw in people such as yourself. I walked away from it about 31-32 years ago when I became aware of people like Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell and Oral Roberts; who claimed the same deity, yet spread a message of vitriolic hatred to all who were not like them (yes, Mr. Incredible – you are in that group). I would rather spend an eternity in what-ever version of hell they believe is real than spend a second, either in this life or the next (if there is one) in the company of those people or a deity that empowers them.
Live Well
Steve
Eugene, OR

Steve

posted November 24, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Barry,
One additional thought – I was looking forward to a commentary from either you or Jay about Dan Savage’s “It Gets Better” Campaign.
A message of hope to bullied gay/lesbian/transgender/gender confused/ youth who are bullied, sometimes into such dispair that they kill themselves.
This bullying often comes from right wing evangelical christians, who seek to deny them the basic constitutional rights guaranteed by our constitution simply because it doesn’t fit their religious views of our reality.
These same christians, like their compatriots throughout history, have no problem beating up, torturing and killing those who do not embrace the same lifestyle they do, albeit, they do it in neater packages, sometimes with words and taunts that while not physically attacking, are never-the-less just as damaging, and often result in the same end – The untimely death of a beautiful human being.
IT DOES GET BETTER
IT DOES GET BETTER
I was a wimpy kid who got bullied (I am heterosexual)
IT DID GET BETTER
Steve
Eugene, OR

Mr. Incredible, in Jesus' Name

posted November 24, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Steve says:
Mr. Incredible says:
But not the love and compassion in Christ. We see.
Steve says:
I walked away from it…
Mr. Incredible says:
Then you weren’t Christian at all. You just THOUGHT you were.
Steve says:
…about 31-32 years ago when I became aware of people like Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell and Oral Roberts; who claimed the same deity, yet spread a message of vitriolic hatred to all who were not like them (yes, Mr. Incredible – you are in that group).
Mr. Incredible says:
If you were Christian, Christ would be stronger in you than that. You put your own stuff ahead of Him, and that’s why you weren’t Christian.
In any case, we have no “vitriolic hatred” toward anybody to whom we spread the Word Which is love, and spreading His Word — love — is not hate.

Rich

posted November 24, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Steve,
re: Mr. Incredible’s comment “Then you weren’t Christian at all. You just THOUGHT you were.”
That sort of says it all in a nutshell, he is one of those who knows your mind better than you. No doubt this is some special gift direct from his good buddy Jesus with whom he has a close personal realationship. This is really symptomatic of these clowns. It is never enough that you live your life to the best of your ability and make what you deem to be your best considered interpretation of what is and what is not. Instead, he and his fellow modern day inquisitors will always be there to tell you exactly how you need to be a Christian.

Steve

posted November 24, 2010 at 5:37 pm

Mr. Incredible,
You are so, duh. And you don’t see sh!t.
There are three different areas of thought concerning my christianity:
1) I never was a christian, I was never saved and was basically ‘a wolf in sheeps clothing’
2) I was a christian, was saved, and if I had died during that time, I would have gone to heaven. Now that I have renounced christianity, I am no longer saved, and am doomed to burn in hell.
3) I was a christian and still am. Despite my renunciation, christ’s love is eternal and I originally getting saved trumps the renunciation.
That topic came up amongst my former friends in college shortly after I dropped out. It evolved into a fairly heated exchange from which I excused myself and suggested they lock themselves in a room with boxing gloves. I would accept the answer of whom-ever walked out.
In short – go stuff it. And get back on your meds. They miss you.
Steve

Iqra

posted November 25, 2010 at 1:10 am

nice share, good article, very useful for me…thanks

Mr. Incredible, in the Name of Jesus

posted November 25, 2010 at 8:15 am

More discredited lib theology from Steve.

Mr. Incredible, in Jesus' Name

posted November 25, 2010 at 8:17 am

And more bogus, self-righteous intellectualism from Rich.

Mr. Incredible, in the Name of Jesus, the Name above ALL names!

posted November 25, 2010 at 8:24 am

It’s hilarious how Rich, an atheist, pretends to instruct Christians on how to be Christian. Of course, his “instruction” counts for air only. Hot air, and not outta his mouth either.
Well, if life’s a circus, Rich, HG and Belial Boris, et al, are the clowns.

gdg

posted November 25, 2010 at 9:36 am

***
*****
*******
Open the wardrobe is not yet found love after another the
right jerseys? So, also waiting for? Immediate action bar!
Welcome to { http://www.newgoin.com/ } sure you will find
what you need. Moreover, the company has a good reputation,
product quality standards, at reasonable prices. Over the
years, has been well received by overseas friends for their
support. Therefore, please rest assured purchase.
welcome to :
===== http://www.newgoin.com/ ====
f.r.e.e. (s.h.i.p.p.i.n.g)
(c.o.m.p.e.t.i.t.i.v.e) p.r.i.c.e
a.n.y [s.i.z.e] (a.v.a.i.l.a.b.l.e)
[a.c.c.e.p.t] t.h.e {p.a.y.p.a.l}
***
*****

Catherine

posted November 25, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!!! :)
Yellow Ribbon still but Blessed and Happy!

Mr. Incredible, in Jesus' Name

posted November 25, 2010 at 4:10 pm

(2Sa 22:50) Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.
(1Ch 16:8) Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.
(1Ch 16:34) O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.
(1Ch 16:35) And say ye, Save us, O God of our salvation, and gather us together, and deliver us from the heathen, that we may give thanks to thy holy name, and glory in thy praise.
(Psa 6:5) For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
(Psa 18:49) Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.
(Psa 30:4) Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
(Psa 30:12) To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.
(Psa 35:18) I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people.
(Psa 75:1) To the chief Musician, Altaschith, A Psalm or Song of Asaph. Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.
(Psa 79:13) So we thy people and sheep of thy pasture will give thee thanks for ever: we will shew forth thy praise to all generations.
(Psa 92:1) A Psalm or Song for the sabbath day. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:
(Psa 97:12) Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
(Psa 105:1) O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.
(Psa 106:1) Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
(Psa 106:47) Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from among the heathen, to give thanks unto thy holy name, and to triumph in thy praise.
(Psa 107:1) O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
(Psa 118:1) O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever.
(Psa 118:29) O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
(Psa 119:62) At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments.
(Psa 136:1) O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
(Psa 136:2) O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.
(Psa 136:3) O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.
(Psa 136:26) O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever.
(Psa 140:13) Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall dwell in thy presence.
(Rom 14:6) He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
(1Co 10:30) For if I by grace be a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks?
(1Co 15:57) But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
(2Co 1:11) Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.
(2Co 2:14) Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
(2Co 9:15) Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
(Eph 5:4) Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
(Eph 5:20) Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
(Col 1:12) Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
(Col 3:17) And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
(1Th 1:2) We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers;
(1Th 5:18) In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
(2Th 2:13) But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
(1Ti 2:1) I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
(Heb 13:15) By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
(Rev 11:17) Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

pagansister

posted November 29, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Who are you trying to impress. I?

Mr. Incredible, in the Name of Jesus

posted November 30, 2010 at 7:47 am

pagansister
Who are you trying to impress. I?
Mr. Incredible says:
Must I be trying to impress anybody?

Mr. Incredible, in Jesus' Name, the Name of our Champion!

posted November 30, 2010 at 9:16 am

pagansister
Who are you trying to impress. I?
Mr. Incredible asks:
“I,” as in YOU? No, not you, and, if not you, who should I be trying to impress? Ms. Rich? “Bubbles” HG? Blubberhead Boris? Barry?? Maybe you think I should be trying to impress them? I’m not, and I won’t try, but you may think that I must.

Evangelical Liars

posted December 1, 2010 at 10:11 pm

Yes, thanks for the memories. Memories of Jim Baker who committed adultery and theft and went to jail. Memories of Jimmy Swaggart who condemned Baker before tearfully revealing that he had purchased sex from hookers–and later did it again. Memories of Ted Haggard who had gay sex and took meth while preaching quite the opposite. Now, a new memory, that of Marcus Lamb (another televangelist) who has now also admitted adultery. These pillars of the Christian world had the audacity to lecture others about morality based on the Word of God, while in the process of committing adultery and theft. Makes me wonder what all the holy rollers on this site do in their spare time!

Mr. Incredible, in the Name of Jesus

posted December 2, 2010 at 4:28 am

The Devil says that, too.

Hippo-Critters

posted December 2, 2010 at 4:46 am

Yeah, seems like it’s always the ones who spout off about Jesus the most whose actions require the most forgiveness.

Mr. Incredible, in the Name of Jesus

posted December 2, 2010 at 1:39 pm

“seems like”
We understand that you imagine a lotta things.
“it’s always the ones who spout off about Jesus the most whose actions require the most forgiveness.”
Everybody needs forgiveness. Some more than others.
The difference between us and people like you is that we receive Hims and we got His forgiveness cuz we honestly repent.

Your Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ

posted December 2, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Mr. Incredible,
I have been reading your comments. You do not understand my message and you will not be accepted into my Kingdom unless you have a change of heart. You claim to speak of the love that I demonstrated but I find your heart to be full of hatred and anger.
Please, look into yourself.

Mr. Incredible, in the Name of Jesus

posted December 2, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Thank you poser-as-an-angel-of-Light, but your post is from the pit of Hell, and I reject it.

HGandRickareIdiots.com

posted December 2, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Rev Lynn, Your dogs called HG and Rick will miss your great ideas and postings in this blog. I can imagine them crying all day long because they will not insult or call names on every person who posts their opinions here but not in accordance with HG, Rick and Lynn’s opinions. I think you should consider hiring them to clean the toillete bowl in your house, since they type here the whole day, they must be needy entitled poor people.
Saionara. Já vai tarde!!!

HGandRickareIdiots.com

posted December 2, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Rev Lynn, Your dogs called HG and Rick will miss your great ideas and postings in this blog. I can imagine them crying all day long because they will not insult or call names on every person who posts their opinions here but not in accordance with HG, Rick and Lynn’s opinions. I think you should consider hiring them to clean the toilette bowl in your house, since they type here the whole day, they must be needy entitled poor people.
Saionara. Já vai tarde!!!

HG

posted December 3, 2010 at 4:23 pm

After a two week hiatus I return to find this news! Well, I will certainly miss reading the debate and comments here, but, …there comes a time. I do have some fond memories from this site.
I swan, I “felt” Barry give a good chuckle over the “I think Jay has caught a case of elephant balls” line, and still wonder if it was real. I’ll miss Boris with his store of knowledge, DSJulian, Grumpy Old Person, Gwyddion9, Charles Thomas, hlVanBuren – for whom I shan’t get the chance to clerk, and Rich – whose sense of humor, wit, and incite I have enjoyed for many months. Of course, there were others whose names escape me.
Best wishes to Catherine, gentle soul, and last, and least, to CC and Mr. Incredible (Though I often left conversations with them feeling like Alice after her chat with Humpty Dumpty “…of all the unsatisfactory–”). Yet, I must consider, what good is a Vorpal blade with no manxome foe to butter it? And, truthfully, they gave me the best laughs of all.
See you on the other side. (?)

Mr. Incredible, in Jesus' Name

posted December 3, 2010 at 5:24 pm

HG says:
…they gave me the best laughs of all.
Mr. Incredible says:
And THAT’s why no education got through to you.
Anywho…
You think that your laughing at us will make us shrink from expression here. You think that we are like you and your little friends. Guess what — we aren’t.

Beliver in One God; Jesus

posted April 20, 2011 at 3:59 am

To know the heart of Jesus and then walk away because of a few men that represented Christ in a wrong manner is foolish. Plus you were deceived by the king of liars to believe you ever truly gave your soul over to The King. Mr. Incredible, you speak God’s truth as does the ACLJ. God bless!!

Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting LynnvSekulow. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Jay Sekulow: Faith and Justice  Happy Reading!

posted 11:26:38am Aug. 16, 2012 | read full post »

Another blog to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Lynn V. Sekulow. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Jay Sekulow's Faith and Justice Happy Reading!!!

posted 10:36:04am Jul. 06, 2012 | read full post »

More to Come
Barry,   It's hard to believe that we've been debating these constitutional issues for more than two years now in this space.  I have tremendous respect for you and wish you all the best in your new endeavors.   My friend, I'm sure we will continue to square off in other forums - on n

posted 4:52:22pm Dec. 02, 2010 | read full post »

President Obama: Does He Get It?
Barry,   I would not use that label to identify the President.  I will say, however, that President Obama continues to embrace and promote pro-abortion policies that many Americans strongly disagree with.   Take the outcome of the election - an unmistakable repudiation of the Preside

posted 11:46:49am Nov. 05, 2010 | read full post »

President Obama is the "Angel of Death"? Give me a break!
Jay, I think you would agree with me that businesses have the right to hire and fire as they see fit. Fox News, per usual, has manufactured a controversy here, and that's all there is to it. But since you mentioned you believe Juan Williams' had the "right to express a thought," I'd like to at least

posted 4:34:02pm Nov. 01, 2010 | read full post »