Lynn v. Sekulow

Lynn v. Sekulow

Say Your Goodbyes to the Last National Day of Prayer

posted by Rev. Barry W. Lynn

Jay,

I prayed today.  I forgot that this was National Day of Prayer.  I hope no members of Congress objected to me acting on my own and basically not giving one hoot what they thought about it.  Maybe I should have filed my prayer in advance to make sure John Boehner and Mitch McConnell thought it was good enough for this NATIONAL day of Prayer.

I pray everyday, but I never really thought it was the
government’s business. That’s why I don’t get why members of Congress thinks it’s
their business to advise me on when and how to pray, either.

Yet today is another congressionally mandated National Day
of Prayer. And since Americans are free to pray whenever they want, it’s
obvious this “holiday” not really about the freedom to worship, but rather another
opportunity for certain religious groups to push their narrow viewpoint on the
rest of us. I’ll let my colleague tell you why here.

I’m tired of the Congress telling me when and how I should
pray. I sincerely hope this is the last National Day of Prayer. This nonsense
has gone long enough.  (By the way, I wonder if Congress was praying or not praying at the moment the Dow dropped 900 points at one point this afternoon.)

To subscribe to “Lynn v. Sekulow” click here.

Grumpy Old Person

posted May 6, 2010 at 4:17 pm

From your link …
“As Vickie Sandell Stangl, president of the Great Plains Chapter of AU [Americans United for the Separation of Church and State], wrote in a column for the Wichita Eagle, “The real motive behind the National Day of Prayer is obvious: to advance the evangelical agenda that America is a Christian nation and all other beliefs or ideas are wrong.””
And here all along, Let’s Focus on SOME People’s ‘Families’ have been telling us that only gay people had an agenda.
Too bad the “Family” “Research” Council’s soon-to-be-EX-co-founder ‘Reverend’ Reker was caught with a male prostitute this past weekend. Gues he wasn’t ‘praying’ ‘hard’ enough. (Or, maybe he WAS – and his ‘prayers’ were answered!)
Get the government out of the religion business. (And, please Zeus, get the Dobsons out of the “National” Day or Prayer Task Force’s offices – and SOON.)
Thank Buddha for all his mercies. May Allah bless America. In the name of Vishnu we pray these things, Amen.

HG

posted May 6, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Barry: “(By the way, I wonder if Congress was praying or not praying at the moment the Dow dropped 900 points at one point this afternoon.)”
That almost got ME praying again, hoo-whee, welcome to Mr. Toads Wild Ride!
Good-bye NDoP, I’m glad you’re dead.

Rich

posted May 6, 2010 at 6:09 pm

I hope Barry Lynn is right and the ruling stands as it should. There is no question that the NDOP does not serve a secular purpose and therefore has no business being on the government’s agenda.
However, I don’t trust the court any further than I can throw a bag full of 5 aged Catholics.

butch

posted May 7, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Poor misguided people.filled with hate for the one who died for them. wanting to stamp out even his name, “well” i have news for them!! one day they will bow before him even if they dont want to.This nation was founded on Christian principals and being politicaly correct will not change the truth.If you dont want to pray then Dont!but how is it going to affect you if we have a national day of prayer? what can it hurt? stay away if you dont like it.turn off the radio and tv or listen to a different station. I know the truth about who Jesus is and I can only pray that you will wake up before it is too late for you and this great nation gets dragged down because of people who only want to have their way at any cost

Glen F

posted May 7, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Rev. I also hope this is the last we hear of this, but I am realistic enough to know the arrogance of the Evangelicals, and Religious Right, and I know they won’t let it go. They are a motley crew that doesn’t take a firm NO for an answer. In fact they go to the extent of calling on their Lord to reverse what they perceive as an attack on their ‘freedom of religion’ forgetting the Establishment clause also means ‘freedom from religion’.
I can see Jay’s boss (on TV) ‘cursing the heathens’ that stand in his way on his quest to shove his religion down our throats whether we want it or not. It is just their way which is to mission the masses to their beliefs, and ignore any protestations from non-Christians like myself.

Glen F

posted May 7, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Butch, who is the ones wanting to have it their way? From my point of view it is the Religious Right and the Evangelicals, and not the non-Christian “Poor misguided people”.
You see I do not feel I am misguided, or poor. I have a different belief system other than Christianity that I subscribe to and frankly your arrogance insults me. Your savior was of my religion for his entire life on our planet.
A Presidential proclamation is enough. It doesn’t have to be an Act of Congress which violates the First Amendment to push the proclamation down people’s throats in the name of Christianity. It just isn’t necessary anymore. Maybe in 1952, but not now.

HG

posted May 7, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Government business eats tax money; The People’s god beliefs, and if or when they pray, are not government business. It isn’t empowered to promote the idea that prayer is a worthwhile human endeavor, and it has been demonstrated not to be. Thinking that prayer is worthwhile is potentially counter-productive as a delusional waste of time.
Why would anyone need (or want) the government to tell them when to pray? I find that very odd!

Craig

posted May 7, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Butch: I am glad that you believe that you have found some truth, or at least have found some beliefs that give you some comfort. On the other hand, there are many of us who have different beliefs and our Constitution guarantees our rights to those beliefs and prevents the government from doing anything to undermine them. There is nothing wrong with a national day of prayer, just a government sponsored national day of prayer. This nation was in NO way founded on christian principles. Those who founded this nation have said so in many ways in their writings. In fact there are many christian principles that are in direct conflict with parts of our constitution. As I said, go ahead and have a national day of prayer, just don’t expect any government funding or recognition. Wouldn’t you want it that way anyway?

Rich

posted May 7, 2010 at 8:41 pm

I am not even comfortable with a presidential proclamation. Such a proclamation could only be addressed to religious Americans and not to all Americans, anything the president does should be addressed to all, not a group defined by religiosity vs. non-religiosity.

butch

posted May 8, 2010 at 12:04 am

no matter what we think everyone has a religion, we all worship someone or something.I do not hate anyone for their views. I hope and pray that more people will find their way to the foot of the cross and accept Jesus as their Lord and savior but our constitution guarantees you can worship a tree if you want to.
I personally believe the only chance our nation has to survive is through Jesus Christ.I will continue to pray for this nation, it’s leaders and those who want the name of jesus eradicated.
AS far as arrogance goes I know I am a sinner and the only righteousness i have is through the Grace of Jesus Christ
Now about the day of prayer. What is the cost in dollars and cents to the taxpayers? I do not have a clue but i would suspect it is less than the cost of a touch and go landing for an f-18 on an aircraft
carrier ( I fullly support our men and women in service)
As far as i know it is not a holiday or a mandate it is a reminder for all who love God to praise HIM and seek His intervention in our nations affairs Butch

HG

posted May 8, 2010 at 4:11 am

butch: “we all worship someone or something”
Not necessarily.
butch: “I do not hate anyone for their views.”
I think that’s a wise policy, since it’s like hating someone for their skin color or sexual orientation.
butch: “about the day of prayer. What is the cost in dollars and cents to the taxpayers?”
Not three pence, said James Madison. The amount should not be at issue because the expenditure, in any amount, is improper.
Butch: “it is a reminder for all who love God to praise HIM and seek His intervention in our nations affairs”
Those who love God shouldn’t need reminders from government office, and many believe seeking supernatural intervention an ineffective way to solve problems.

Rich

posted May 8, 2010 at 9:41 am

Butch,
You state that we all have a religion and we all worship something or someone.
You could not be more wrong. I am an atheist. I do not believe in gods, goddesses or anything supernatural. Atheism is not a belief, it is the absence of a belief.
Often I hear some contest that atheism is a religion because “we believe there is not god”. That is just a not-so-clever play on words and is senseless. The real phrase would be that I don’t believe in God, an absence of belief. By that often used phrase, those who don’t believe in the Loch Ness Monster have a religion, those who don’t believe in UFOs have a religion, etc, etc.
I have to be honest, I am always a little amazed at the presumption when a Christian tells me I actually do believe in something. I don’t. You say you believe in God, I’ll take you at your word. I say I don’t believe in anything, I would ask that you do the same for me.

Jim Harding

posted May 9, 2010 at 3:04 pm

May I make a suggestion about some current conflicts? We know that using “Inclusive Language” helps in efforts to reduce a number of problems in society and the world.
Please consider the following language as a possible direction in solving conflicts between a number of groups in our country (the various Religions such as Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Non-religious groups as Atheists, Agnostics, which are secular beliefs, etc.)
Instead of having a National Prayer Day which by definition our not be universal for all citizens, consider instead establishing a Nation Day of Reflection and/or Meditation which is inclusive of all citizens and I believe the courts would approve.
Also in speaking of Religion which does not include the non-religious, could we begin to substitute the words Persons of Good Faith and/or Belief which would include the good citizens of secular beliefs. This might allow us to focus on the more important things in life such as our similarities rather than our differences.
Schools might then be able to have Moments of Reflection or Meditation legally and without dissent.
See Beliefnet.com for a place where that is already happening.

Mr. Incredible

posted May 10, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Lynn says:
I’m tired of the Congress telling me when and how I should pray.
Mr. Incredible says:
Please show us where 36 USC §119 [ http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode36/usc_sec_36_00000119----000-.html ] TELLS — that is, INSTRUCTS — you when and how you SHOULD pray.

Mr. Incredible

posted May 10, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Mr. Incredible says:
It IS addressed to all, and among that group of all, a person may decide freely not to participate, and there is no penalty. The State does not impose it on you; it leaves it up to you, and, if it doesn’t apply to you, you may go about your business as though nothing has happened. It does not discriminate cuz discrimination, as we are told, is wrong.

Mr. Incredible

posted May 10, 2010 at 2:23 pm

The First Amendment says that the State may show respect and address “religion,” and/or a “religion,” but not establish A “religion” via enactment of a law by Congress. Mere expression of so-called “religious” thought and respect for “religion/a religion” is not establishment unless Congress passes a law establishing A “religion.”

Rich

posted May 10, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Mr. I,
Sorry but you are changing the words of the 1st Amendment, it is easy to see why.
The 1st says “of religion”, not “a religion”, not a, this, that or any, it says “of”, as in religion in general.
Even if it was “a” religion, what the US has traditionally done has been to endorse a Judeo-Christian mono-theistic religion, clearly not allowed by the letter of the amendment. You know that to be true, just look at your coins, they say “In God We Trust”, not “In Gods/Goddesses We Trust”.
The US has stomped all over the 1st Amendment because religious folks have been whining every since 1789 when for the first time in history religion was denied a seat at the table of government. That arrangement has served the US quite well from the beginning. There is nothing to be gained and there is certainly no need to go backwards and enshrine anything religious, an imperfect separation has done us well. A more perfect separation would do us even better.

Mr. Incredible

posted May 10, 2010 at 3:10 pm

I pointed to “religion,” too.
In any case, the National Day of Prayer is not establishment of “religion.” If you insist on saying it does, where, in 36USC§119 [the link is above], does it specify the “religion”?
Where the inscription on a coin says, “In God We Trust,” to which god does that phrasing refer, and how do you know?
==The US has stomped all over the 1st Amendment because religious folks have been whining…==
You mean that the State changes according to what YOU call mere “whining”???? Just “whining,” and nothing else???? If only it were THAT easy.

Mr. Incredible

posted May 10, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Your inflations of what 36 USC §119 says are, of course, not legally, nor intellectually, compelling cuz what you suggest the Code says is not what the Code says [In an earlier post, I gave the link to the section so everybody can see for themselves].
The fact is that the Code does not establish “religion,” and it says that you may opt out and go about your bidness as though nothing has happened. There is no imposition on you.

Rich

posted May 10, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Mr. I,
You seem to be fixated on the US Code. Okay, don’t know why given that the Constitution trumps US Code.
However, the code says some yada yada and then “on which the people of the United States may turn to God”. The object of that phrase is singular, not plural. Wonder why. None of us are so dense that we don’t know to which god they are referring. The purpose of this act is to provide a government blessing to the act of praying to the Judeo-Christian god. There is no secular purpose. Perhaps you can try your hand at fabricating a secular purpose?
As well, the “may turn to God” phrase again, is it the government’s opinion that humans are actually capable of turning to God? They have this verified do they? Hmm, how did they verify that? If they don’t have it verified, why is the government making a de facto statement that God exists? Since when do we pay the salaries of government employees so that they can make theological declarations? Look, I would also level the same complaint if the government gave any credence to the existence of multiple gods and goddesses, Scientology drivel, Voodoo or even the certainty of atheism. All of these items are beyond the government’s scope, a monster waste of time and a willful trampling of our 1st Amendment.

Rich

posted May 10, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Mr. I,
BTW, I forgot to highlight another one of your woeful misconceptions and misapplications of fact.
You said:
“It’s like when you people tell us to change the channel when a p0rn moment pops up on the teevee screen, that our objection to it is not reason to deny you people the option to see it.
Well, if you don’t wanna participate in the National Day of Prayer — though, in some form, you do — then “change the channel.” If it’s easy for us, it oughta be easy for you people.”
I say:
C’mon dude, TV channels are commercial enterprises, you pay for them either by enduring commercials or footing a monthly cable or satellite bill. I can choose to not watch TV at all and not participate in that economic sphere. I don’t have a choice about the US government, I still have to pay for it and cannot opt out.
If that is the kind of thing where you sit back and say “yep, that is a really good comparison and it really shows how right I am” I gotta wonder how your mind works. It doesn’t really get you anywhere to build your logical understanding of the world upon faulty premises.

Mr. Incredible

posted May 10, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Mr. I,
You seem to be fixated on the US Code.
Mr. Incredible says:
“Fixated”??? Well, it’s only at the center and focus of the debate about the National Day of Prayer..
Rich says:
Okay, don’t know why given that the Constitution trumps US Code.
Mr. Incredible says:
Except that it’s not clear that the Constitution trumps THIS section of the Code.
Mr. Incredible says:
“May.” It doesn’t say “will.” It doesn’t say “shall.” You may, or you may not. The decision is YOURS.
Rich says:
The object of that phrase is singular, not plural.
Mr. Incredible says:
Today, “God” means so many things. Therefore, whose interpretation will apply to that section of the Code?
Rich says:
None of us are so dense that we don’t know to which god they are referring.
Again, you speculate.
Mr. Incredible says:
There is no such thing as the Judeo-Christian “god.”
Rich says:
There is no secular purpose.
So says YOU.
Mr. Incredible says:
Is it “god,” or “God”? Looks as though YOU don’t even know.
Rich says:
… why is the government making a de facto statement that God exists?
Mr. Incredible says:
Which one? Today, “God” means so many different things. How do YOU know what the government means??
Mr. Incredible says:
Congress made no theological declaration.
Rich says:
… I would also level the same complaint if the government gave any credence to the existence of multiple gods and goddesses, Scientology drivel, Voodoo or even the certainty of atheism.
Mr. Incredible says:
Except that, given that the National Day of Prayer is codified, and you wanna delete it from the Code, it appears that you want atheism to rule the day.
Mr. Incredible says:
Ultimately, SCOTUS will uphold it.

Mr. Incredible

posted May 10, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Rich says:
… TV channels are commercial enterprises, you pay for them either by enduring commercials or footing a monthly cable or satellite bill. I can choose to not watch TV at all and not participate in that economic sphere. I don’t have a choice about the US government, I still have to pay for it and cannot opt out.
Mr. Incredible says:
Except that, the money you give government is no longer yours. It belongs to the People, the collective. Who says that the money being used is the money you gave government?? Maybe the money they used is my money.
Now, if you wanna, you can file a lawsuit to try to stop them from using YOUR money in a way you disapprove; but you’ll have to prove that the exact money they used is exactly YOURS.

Rich

posted May 10, 2010 at 11:28 pm

Mr. I,
I see you are striving to be a stellar example of lameness again. You drove right by the fact that cable companies are private enterprises, they can do what they want and I can subscribe or not. The government is not a private enterprise one subscribes to.
Sorry, try again.

Rich

posted May 10, 2010 at 11:30 pm

Mr. I,
You may be right about SCOTUS ruling that the NDOP is constitutional. Of course, I don’t expect justice from a court weighted with 5 catholics who believe in magic. I normally expect rulings prejudiced in favor of and pandering to religion.

Mr. Incredible

posted May 11, 2010 at 6:21 am

Mr. I,
You may be right about SCOTUS ruling that the NDOP is constitutional.
Mr. Incredible says:
Well, right is right and correct is correct.
Mr. Incredible says:
Name the five justices who are the Catholics who have said that they believe in what YOU call “magic.” Or is your statement of description of your bias rather than a description of what they really are?
Rich says:
I normally expect rulings prejudiced in favor of and pandering to religion.
Mr. Incredible says:
And, from those who are not Christian, we expect rulings prejudiced in favor of and pandering to atheism and other ungodliness. Now what?

Mr. Incredible

posted May 11, 2010 at 9:43 am

Mr. I,
I see you are striving to be a stellar example of lameness again.
Mr. Incredible translates:

“I can’t get you to agree with me, and, so, it must be YOU who are lame.”

Rich says:
… cable companies are private enterprises, they can do what they want and I can subscribe or not. The government is not a private enterprise one subscribes to.
Mr. Incredible says:
However, YOUR chance to tell government how to spend money comes at election time. If you lose, as you people will this coming November, that’s tuff.
In any case, once the money you pay in taxes goes into the pot, it’s no longer your personal money. It becomes “our” money, and I have as much say-so over the spending of that money as anyone else.
So, if you don’t like the way the money is spent, vote for somebody else. This time, though, it won’t do you any good.

Mr. Incredible

posted May 11, 2010 at 9:49 am

Mr. Incredible says:
However, nobody requires you to pray on the National Day of Prayer. You may turn from that “channel” to the dead channel to which you’re usually tuned, acting as though it’s just another day.

posted May 11, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Who realy care anyway?
People turn their back on poverty, suffering, pain and hell yes they even try and ruin people by the way they treat them. They even do everything they could to possibly ruin a good relationship with the most hurtful things. So what is prayer going to do anyway when people want to hurt people and they don’t care if they do? They don’t care what kind of condition they leave people in, so the old sang comes into place, karma, what comes around goes around…
People draw their conclusions on events regardless if it is factual or not, sometimes their conversations are to justify their own horrible treatment of others. To try and explain or rationalize their own actions……So let people pray. The thing I figured out is that people have free will, regardless of all your prayers. They can choose to not answer your prayers. I have learned you can only change yourself, not others. For others can choose to never change, or never change into something you can work with anyway.
cc

posted May 11, 2010 at 9:21 pm

cares
really
Stop messing with my blogs….if your not, I have a big headache, caused by people who don’t give a hoot about what they have done to me…. they would wrather just poke their head in the sand and act like it was just a freak accident and nobody had a part to play in it.
cc

posted May 11, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Ow, you didn’t like that one….
cares
really
There you go, you want things perfect don’t you………
How is that for perfect…..
cc

chuck

posted May 11, 2010 at 9:42 pm

if you think Christianity is being forced on you then you are really dramatizing. this fake and fraud rev barry lynn is leading a false movement with many willing followers. i could care less that he stands behind a pulpit the guy is headed for hell as most people in here are. this nation is inviting the wrath of GOD that it does so deserve. fact is these people like their sin and have no desire to turn from it. everyone sins. few really repent. when gays are behind the pulpit and me murder babies for convenience start looking up for our redeemer grows near. people seem to be believing what ever satisfies their itching ears.

posted May 11, 2010 at 10:02 pm

that’s the thing they like to hurt people and you can not change them into the character of God, no matter how hard you try…in fact it seems the more wisdom or kind character you show them, the more they contaminate the world….let us just say, i don’t want to wallow in there insanity and let them pull me into their muck of life….the problem is, they are trying to thrown mudd spiritually speaking…i know this is to be exspected. i suppose the best answer to give sometimes is no reply, when they keep doing the same thing…time is special…..cc

posted May 11, 2010 at 10:08 pm

throw, expected….
i know i have a headache….from the slanderous HG, once again…..not to mention, someone messing with my writing when i post. i suppose to make them feel more inportant, i don’t even know if all of the spelling errors are coming from me…when i post some of my blogs, they have been in a different format…tampering with my writings. in any event i correct the mistakes, whether i am doing them or if somebody else out their is trying to make me appear less then who i am… it’s like someone causing pain and then looking at you and then saying, look there is some difficulty, just maybe they were some of the people which caused the pain.
he keeps bringing up clarical errors, when i even correct them before he enters a new blog….a person who likes to contaminate and hurt…cc

posted May 12, 2010 at 12:35 am

chuck: “this fake and fraud rev barry lynn is leading a false movement with many willing followers. i could care less that he stands behind a pulpit the guy is headed for hell as most people in here are. this nation is inviting the wrath of GOD that it does so deserve. …when gays are behind the pulpit and me murder babies for convenience start looking up for our redeemer grows near.”
You are what I would refer to as a nut.
cc: “i know i have a headache….from the slanderous HG, once again…..”
I’m quite sure you cannot demonstrate any slander committed by me. Your headaches are more likely due to stress or poor health.

posted May 12, 2010 at 3:50 pm

no no name they are do to people who are selfish and want everything for themselves, who slander me in public and documents. So your opinions of why I get headaches are not true..Plus I have an old back and neck injury caused by a car accident and a fall….which gives me neck and shoulder pain….So the poor health that you seem to think that I have is caused by stress of people who want to take no part in the cause of what they did to me….and other circumstances…
cc
p.s. I exercise and take supplements everyday and eat healthy. People who slander in public form such as whatever you are trying to say in your last blog, whoever you are as if your trying to say you didn’t have a part in it….? whoever you are……?
good-bye,
cc

posted May 12, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I take vitamins and exercise everyday….
So, I have a back and neck injury which flares up and I eat healthy.
People such as yourself whoever you are, seem to want to say you didn’t do anything to me….you don’t know me….for if you did, you would realize that I take good care of myself and people have been cruel to me trying to escape any accountability for what they have done….so you might be one of them, I don’t know who you are…
cc

posted May 12, 2010 at 7:15 pm

I had an especially hard day yesterday, that was obvious despite the spelling errors I continued to write….
The headaches worsen when I experience pain beyond belief..I can’t believe the choices some have made in their lives which have hurt me so….
In front of my face, and if I didn’t get to see it the first time, they show up to show me…
How sad…
Yes, wrather than go insane over the choices of others which influence my life, I have learned that if I just get it down on paper or blog, I can get through it….
I don’t wish to see your meaningless pieces of garbage which impact my life…so your slanderous material is what it is, a bunch of lies with sadistic people around to enjoy it for mere pleasure….
Now if you want me to proof read everything I write down, you better just get over that one… For my favorite line is , go hand it over to your secretary if you want it like that….Although, I can write it like that, I just sometimes, don’t have the time….
cc

posted May 14, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Taxes……
In 08 I had to cash in on my 401 k to pay the rent and pay down some of my debt. I was going to use it to get into a condo, buy my x told me I had less money and would not give me any proof of it…
So we had to go through the attorneys to get the 401 k devided, which prevented me from getting into the condo with a down…and then the apartments were to expensive and i coundn’t have my dogs there unless further funds were achieved…
So I looked for more income and did not find it, meanwhile still experiencing head and neck pain because I could not afford to go to the chiropractor anymore…
Then I moved into my mothers and looked for any right offs I had to go against my 401k cash out… I found some…finaly I had my taxes done on 08, when I took it to the tax man, my write offs were not enough. So, not only was I out of a job I just got hit with a tax bill I can not afford. So, off to the races my friend. Not to mention the bankruptcy I haven’t filed, because I still feel if I land this great job, I can pay off all my bill and live free and clear…
I suppose I am a dreamer, for if you don’t dream what else is there?
For if you get stuck in the now when it is awful, for then you would just have awful….
So dream big,….. because we want wonderful, or should I write that we need it to be wonderful….cc

posted May 17, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Go Lakers!!

posted May 18, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Great job!!

posted May 18, 2010 at 10:02 pm

You have been a life saver…….

Lee

posted June 11, 2010 at 9:25 pm

I just don’t get how so many people confuse these two statements:
- Founded on Christianity
- Founded on Christian principles
If we were founded on Christianity, we would be a theology. Anyone not believing in Christ would be exiled.
It’s obvious that we are not.
However, we are founded on an even mixture of Christian and Deist principles.
Saying that women are equal with men is purely Christian. You won’t find that concept in any other religion. It also says “inalienable rights endowed by our CREATOR”. It’s obvious that the statement excludes Buddhism and Hinduism for starters.
Now. It also provides for freedom of religion. This is a deist view. A purely Christian world-view wouldn’t allow this concept.
As you can see, founded on Christian principles carries an entirely different meaning.
I totally do not understand NDP. It doesn’t fit within our framework. However “See You at the Pole” is totally fair game, as it’s not endorsed by the government..
Besides, the Kingdom of Heaven extends past sovereign governments and offers greater freedom than the constitution ever could WHILE ALSO allowing tolerance within a sovereign nation like USA. Jesus broke the government-religion barrier a couple of thousand years with his concept of Kingdom of Heaven that is Gentile-inclusive.
Don’t let this ‘conservatives’ have you believe that the oppressive established Church represents Christ at all.
I am a conservative libertarian.
Peace.

Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting LynnvSekulow. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Jay Sekulow: Faith and Justice  Happy Reading!

posted 11:26:38am Aug. 16, 2012 | read full post »

Another blog to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Lynn V. Sekulow. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Jay Sekulow's Faith and Justice Happy Reading!!!

posted 10:36:04am Jul. 06, 2012 | read full post »

More to Come
Barry,   It's hard to believe that we've been debating these constitutional issues for more than two years now in this space.  I have tremendous respect for you and wish you all the best in your new endeavors.   My friend, I'm sure we will continue to square off in other forums - on n

posted 4:52:22pm Dec. 02, 2010 | read full post »

Thanks for the Memories
Well Jay, the time has come for me to say goodbye. Note to people who are really happy about this: I'm not leaving the planet, just this blog.As I noted in a personal email, after much thought, I have decided to end my participation and contribution to Lynn v. Sekulow and will be doing some blogging

posted 12:24:43pm Nov. 21, 2010 | read full post »

President Obama: Does He Get It?
Barry,   I would not use that label to identify the President.  I will say, however, that President Obama continues to embrace and promote pro-abortion policies that many Americans strongly disagree with.   Take the outcome of the election - an unmistakable repudiation of the Preside

posted 11:46:49am Nov. 05, 2010 | read full post »