Lynn v. Sekulow

Lynn v. Sekulow

Health Care & Abortion: Part 2

posted by Jay Sekulow

Barry,

We do have a rich and diverse nation and it is true that our country is full of a variety of faith traditions.  That’s what makes America so unique.

Unfortunately, our government leaders don’t always listen to the American people.  That’s exactly what happened just days ago on Capitol Hill when the Senate rejected a sound amendment that would have kept abortion from becoming a mandatory health benefit.  Most Americans don’t want federal health care dollars used for abortion.  A recent poll reveals 80% of Americans either favor a prohibition on abortion funding, or want neutral language in the bill.

The Senate isn’t listening.  By a vote of 54-45, the Senate tabled an important amendment that had the support of several pro-life Democrats – including Senators Ben Nelson and Bob Casey.  The amendment was tailored after the Stupak-Pitts Amendment that passed in the House. That amendment provides important protections for the life of the unborn.

Our analysis of the Senate health care legislation now being debate clearly shows that abortion coverage would be mandatory.  The measure also weakens conscience-clause protections for pro-life medical professionals and fails to prevent abortion referrals in school based health centers.

What happens now?  Well, Sen. Nelson is standing firm in his promise to filibuster any Senate bill that does not exclude abortion funding.  Other pro-life Democrats should follow suit.  Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid needs every vote he can get if he expects to pass a health care bill.

Even if some sort of health care measure clears the Senate, we’re back to square-one in a sense – working out the differences between the House and Senate versions – with abortion funding among the chief differences.  The battle to protect innocent human life is not over when it comes to health care. It’s really just beginning.

To subscribe to “Lynn v. Sekulow” click here.

BH

posted December 13, 2009 at 6:59 pm

Jay, shouldn’t you avoid working on the Sabbath?
Never mind…
How many of the 80% of people who ‘want neutral language’ on abortion understand that the right wingnuts want to ban abortion payments from any private insurance company for any person? I would guess 80% of Americans oppose forcing all insurance plans to drop abortion coverage. Don’t be such a wimp, post the real numbers, if they actually favor you!
I’m still waiting for a response from you on your ludicrous suggestion this is a “christian nation”. Tell us all about it dude. Why do you have to lie in every post? you’re wrong, and defending the indefensible.
HOpe your bigoted supporters keep wasting their money paying for your limo rides instead of making the world a better place.
not that i’m bitter…

KNL

posted December 14, 2009 at 3:34 pm

I have a feeling these “pro-life surveys” were cooked. I am a pro-choice woman who has been an OB/GYN nurse. I’ve seen the agonized decisions of women who chose to terminate pregnancies, and not one of them made the decision lightly. Not one of them used abortion as birth control. I’ve seen parents try to force teenagers into being moms, OR into getting abortions. I’ve taken care of women carrying babies who would not survive(i.e.—-no brains etc.). I’ve assited in deliveries of babies born from the result of birth control failures. I’ve also taken care of plenty of abused children whose parents didn’t have a clue about how to be parents. I’ve personally experienced the heartache of “oh well, have the baby and just give it up for adoption” so don’t even go there with me. Sarah Palin exercised HER RIGHT TO CHOOSE and I support that right. What I do NOT support is her or anyone else taking that right away from me, my daughters, or my granddaughters. I’d love to see the anti-choice crowd start mandating free prenatal care, personal responsibility classes, free birth control for whomever needs or wants it, free child care—–shall I stop? Do I make myself clear???

N. Lindzee Lindholm

posted December 14, 2009 at 11:09 pm

Since we live in a democracy, government of the People, by the People, and for the People, Senators (and a few Congressmen and Congresswomen, although I do not want to preach to the choir), should in fact listen to what their constituents want and vote against the federal funding of abortion versus their own personal agenda. Just because someone has the right to have an abortion, which I personally hope one day will be overturned in this country’s great moral awakening, does not mean the People have to fund it.
Speaking of rights, what about the rights of the unborn, those who do not yet have a voice to speak out about the great injustice being executed on their behalf by those women, in over 95% of the cases, who chose to act and yet do not want to make the responsible decision for those choices by giving the child life instead of a painful, inhumane death?

Cornelius

posted December 15, 2009 at 1:40 am

Jay,
I am a pro-life liberal and am very frustrated with the Democratic party over it’s knee jerk rejection of the Stupak amendment. However I am skeptical about your consistency. Would you actually support the health care bill if it passed with both a public option and the Stupak amendment? Unfortunately my Democratic friends are too blind to see how easily they could reveal the hypocrisy of right wing folks like you on the issue of abortion prohibition. Please tell me I am wrong, that you really believe that legislative prohibition of abortion is necessary and ought to be advanced even if it means that private health insurers don’t get their way completely.
Cornelius F. Brantley, Jr.

posted December 15, 2009 at 3:24 am

I am not for abortions and certainly not for me paying for them in any way.
I dont understand these people who dont seem to understand that they get pregnant becuase of some action on their part. The simpliest way to stop abortions is to stop the action that causes pregnancy, or take the plentiful preventions we have today. Arent the majority of abortions on unmarried women, where are the morals I guess they werent told about them, and so the problem exists.
Women are so quick to say ‘its a womans right’ what about the women they are trashing by abortion? Im sure they would agree that future woman has rights also. I also wonder what if their mother choose an abortion. In any way you look at it its a very cruel way for a mother to rid herself of something that supposidly came from love of another, the father, cant be much love involved.
I remember when I found out I was pregnant and told my husband we were so excited. I cant imagine not being happy about a new life growing inside of you and feeling the movements, it is truly a miracle. I cant even bare to think of the women who cant have children and what they must think about babies being tossed away because it would be an inconvienient to some woman, it would bring me to tears. Very selfish women is all I can say.
Thank you Jay for all you do.

DSJulian

posted December 15, 2009 at 4:33 am

Whatever YOUR NAME is: “Arent the majority of abortions on unmarried women, where are the morals I guess they werent told about them, and so the problem exists.”
It depends on the part of the country. I have a friend in Nebraska who is a Planned Parenthood counselor who confided in me that the majority of women seeking abortions there are married with large families where they are barely squeaking by already. They really can’t afford one more mouth to feed. Jay and the Party of No already know they will not support any bill where Obama or the Democrats might be considered to have a win in their column — no matter what the cost to women — with or without public funding of pregnancy termination WHICH IS ALREADY ILLEGAL. Jay knows full well that the measure defeated would have made it impossible for women using a public option of any kind to obtain a pregnancy termination EVEN USING HER OWN MONEY TO PAY FOR IT. Obviously this was just another stall tactic by the DINOs and hypocrite GOP who don’t really give a rat’s rear end about the unborn or the 3750 adults who are dying every month because of lack of proper healthcare. Obviously, all they care about is their reelection war chests being amply padded by the healthcare, pharma, and religious right lobbying groups.

DSJulian

posted December 15, 2009 at 4:35 am

Rich

posted December 15, 2009 at 10:49 am

Your Name,
re: “these people who dont seem to understand that they get pregnant becuase of some action on their part.”
Wow, that seems generally thoughtless to me. Are simply ignoring rape and incest victims who get pregnant or did you simply forget about that reality? Your slogan for simpletons does sound so much better by not factoring rape and incest.
When it comes to blathering on about morals, I would suggest you take a long hard look at yours rather than worrying about others. You seem rather challenged in recognizing the immorality of your actions in condemning women you don’t know and then seeking to interfere with their lives.

posted December 15, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Protect our posterity.
C

Dave Zichek

posted December 15, 2009 at 10:31 pm

Abortion is not just the only issue with this Obama care bill from what other talk radio host have read in the pages of this bill our freedoms are in great peril if this bill becomes law! My frustration is that those on Capital Hill don’t seem to care what Americans want! I mean really, is Obama trying to start a civil war in this country because if 80% of Americans are not for this bill and they pass it anyway then were in Gods name is our representation? And what will we need to do?
I don’t want civil war but if our government becomes oppressive and we have become slaves to it what other choice do we have? God help us!
Dave

Boris

posted December 16, 2009 at 12:21 am

Dave said: Abortion is not just the only issue with this Obama care bill from what other talk radio host have read in the pages of this bill our freedoms are in great peril if this bill becomes law!
What kind of person can be found to be stupid enough to get their information about current issues and events from talk radio hosts like Limbaugh, Hannity, O’Reilly or the Sekulows? Does anyone really think any of these people I mentioned or any of the other right-wing media maggots are even capable of understanding this bill had they actually read any of it or that they would tell the truth about it if they had and could? According to these backward thinking, fear mongering right-wing religious zealots on the radio our freedoms are always in peril. You know like their freedom to tell women they have no freedom but that they are merely government owned breeding pigs. If neo-cons like Sekulow and Limbaugh had their way we would have no freedoms left. The rest of what we do have would be sold to corporate America. Wake up Dave. Your cult leaders are a bunch of liars.

Rich

posted December 16, 2009 at 11:43 am

I don’t know where Dave Zichek get his numbers. Likely from some simpleton like Beck. An ABC poll reports that data taken from 12/10 through 12/13, 51% oppose the current legislation with 44% opposed. Last month, the same poll showed 49% against and 48% supporting health care reform. None of these numbers are even close to the 80% figure that Dave Zichek offers in his hysteria.
I truly love it when citizens are such controllable pieces of clay that they can only rush to defend the interests of the for-profit corporations that have a strangling monopoly on health care. These tools complain about the government making health care decisions yet seem to have no problem with the corporations making health care decisions for them. Wow.
As well, our friend in his camo in his bunker somewhere, it getting ready for civil war over an issue like health care. That might just be a bit of an overreaction. I think it would have been a bit more patriotic of Dave to have reached his current level of alarm back when GWB was stomping on the Constitution with his warrantless wiretaps.

G

posted December 16, 2009 at 2:13 pm

Protect our posteriors!

Steve

posted December 16, 2009 at 5:46 pm

I guess Jay has a hard time with math (maybe that’s a critical issue), cause according to the poll he cited, 48% don’t want abortions to be funded.
I truly wish that organizations like “The American Center for Law and Justice” and “The Liberty Council” would change their names to truly reflect the Right-Wing, No-Freedom for anybody who doesn’t believe what I believe agenda’s of their organizations.
PS: The ACLJ doesn’t even appear to remember that it was founded by Pat Robertson as a direct attack against the ALCU, and Jay Sekulow is going to have a really hard time getting into heaven, especially if you take Matthew 19:24, Mark 10:25 and Luke 18:25 even semi-seriously.
Steve

A True American

posted December 16, 2009 at 6:29 pm

Hey Jay,
Since you are so Pro-Family and want me to pay for your war with my tax dollars (but don’t want to pay for my right to have an abortion if I’m too poor to afford one), I thought maybe you’d have your legal team help this soldier out?
Leo Church: Imprisoned for putting family first
Leo Church has been transfer to Ft Lewis, Washington to serve the remainder of his eight month sentence. Leo welcomes your letters of support while he is jailed. Haskell Leo Church, Box 339536, Fort Lewis WA 98433.
By Army Spc Leo Church. September 1, 2009
For over eight months I waited in Ft. Hood, Texas for my lawyers to barter for my freedom and the prosecutors to decide what they found to be fair for my case. My problems started not long after I finished Basic and A.I.T. when I received a call from Angie, the mother of my children, Alyssa and Kaitlynn, saying that the three were homeless and living in a van in Arlington, Texas.
I asked my company for permission to leave to get them and was blatantly denied. Seeing that I had no other choice I left to pick up my children and then immediately returned to Ft. Hood, back to my company. When I returned I was charged for leaving without permission and given an Article 15, and my pay was cut in half.
Things only got worse from there. I had no one to watch my children. Even though I was not allowed to have my daughters living with me in my barracks room, when I asked for help from my captain I was told to just have them live with me and come to work with me. Unfortunately, the wait for BAH at the time was 6 months. Knowing that I was not allowed to have them in my room over night and it being inappropriate to take them to my company to work, I left to take my children to Amarillo, Texas so I could find them a safe place to live.
Having only my mother to turn to, but knowing that she could not keep them 24 hours a day for me to be able to return to Ft. Hood, I stayed and found myself a civilian job. I knew my obligation was to the Army and my company, but my children were my obligation long before I ever considered enlisting and they needed their father.
I was doing the best that I could for my daughters and when I was picked up for being A.W.O.L. in 2007, Angie came and picked up Alyssa and Kaitlynn, and informed me that I would not see them again, at least not until I was done with the Army. Flown back down to Ft. Hood and once more at my company, I was threatened with 15 to 20 years in prison for leaving my company, regardless if it was for my children or not. So, again I found myself leaving, this time not for my children, but for me.
I was scared and alone, and had no one to help me as it had been since the first day I arrived at Ft. Hood. Over the last year, away from the Army, I had finally started to build the foundation for my life. A beautiful home, an excellent job, a wonderful wife, Amanda, and my only son on the way, I could not have been happier. But, my desertion charge had been discovered and I was once more picked up and returned to Ft. Hood.
With everything that was going on, from me leaving, even though it was to care for my family, because I could find no support from the Army, Amanda and I had to place our son, Austin in a loving home thru adoption. We did not want him enduring the strife that we had endured and for him to end up being fatherless, because I would be living in prison. I have never known my father, never had the warm experience with my father like going out to throw a football, or go camping, or enjoy the guidance I needed to receive in my life. He just wasn’t there.
I stood before the judge at Ft. Hood in a General Court-Martial and pleaded my case, that had I received the help I needed I would have been able to stay at my company and serve by my fellow soldiers, but I found no mercy. The judge convicted and sentenced me to 15 months in prison with a Bad Conduct Discharge. The prosecutors had only asked for 14 months with no fines and no BCD. Thankfully my previous lawyers had arranged for me to have a pre-trial agreement that capped possible jail time at 8 months.
Still, 8 months is too much. I have lost so much because of the Army; I don’t have custody of my daughters and I had to give up my son for adoption, all because of the Army. My wife is struggling to make ends meet now without me.
And I am stuck in this jail.
It is because of everything that has happened to me that I’ve decided to speak out.
More information: freeleochurch.wordpress.com

posted December 16, 2009 at 10:17 pm

Abortion stinks. People don’t care…..
Then there are people that try and destroy my best efforts as well, not caring if I get what I need. They are only in it for themselves.
What’s the matter you want more control??
Do you care if I am with my kids?
Do you just think that if I am not like you or the rest of the world, that I don’t measure up to your standards?? Do you think that I haven’t been trying? You couldn’t be farther from the truth.
Thanks for nothing kid,
CARA

Boris

posted December 18, 2009 at 10:23 am

True American
If you are looking for legal advice or assistance you might want to look for a lawyer that doesn’t lose over 80 percent of his cases the way Sekulow does. You might not want a lawyer who works for the most unsuccessful law firm in the United States and teaches at a Tier 4 law school – Regent University the lowest rated law school in the nation. All lawyers are professional liars but Sekuow and his lying sons take the cake. Sekulow is a compulsive and pathological liar and a liar for Jesus which proves how incredibly dumb this disgusting excuse for human being really is. Have you ever met an intelligent Bible believer? Of course not, no such person has ever existed nor would it be possible for one to exist. My advice is to find a nice Jewish lawyer but not one who is a traitor to his ancestors and who has sold out to Christianity –the root cause of all the anti-Semitism in the world. Jay Sekulow can’t help you nor does he give a hoot about your problem.

Boris

posted December 18, 2009 at 10:28 am

Cara has suicide ever crossed your mind? Please consider it for the sake of the rest of us.

Facto

posted December 18, 2009 at 3:11 pm

By all means, feel free to “go into the light”.

posted December 18, 2009 at 5:40 pm

Re: Boris and Facto
Sorry for previous entries. I know I get headaches from time to time and it causes a bit of spelling errors, but however the errors appear, the facts are straight and I know who needs help for the your cruelty. I am already in the light, where are you?
Cara

posted December 19, 2009 at 2:01 pm

People hurt people, regardless of what they do. Sometimes that is their goal. That is how they play the game, dirty. Full of lies and corruption, all to get what they want, which is money. For the love of money is the root of all evil.
C

posted December 19, 2009 at 2:02 pm

C

Boctaoe

posted December 22, 2009 at 11:18 am

To our “Populist” friends; the current law allows women to have abortions. Taking all funding away defeats this law. That is the big reason it should not be part of a health care reform which seeks to provide more health care, not less. The Democratic legislators know this.

posted December 22, 2009 at 2:19 pm

Re: Boctaoe
Do you think just because somebody decided somewhere to make murder legal in this country that The U.S. citizen is supposed to pay for it?
Re: Rick
Do you think that The Morning After Pill is somehow not murder?
Re: Lisa
Do you find that taking away a mother’s rights to care for her children is somehow benefitial to the children as long as your client gets more money regardless of who it hurts or who you put out of a job or home? Do you find that fighting to end abortion is not a worthy cause and somehow the children are more benefitted by a cold home without a parent?
Re: Whomever it may conscern re: judges
Does taking away all money that she received through child support in the previous month and all months to come somehow benefitial to the family if it puts her out of a home, without healthcare, food, money for car ins. or anything else ? She was fighting for a worthy cause you know, trying to save childrens lives that were worthy of living. That might not of been of value to a cold hearted attorney, for unto us a bigger bank account is born, right. No money for Christmas and the kids without a home. How sad. It wasn’t like she didn’t try to get a job you know, it was too bad that others didn’t appreciate her.
Cara

posted December 22, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Truth————- . Well, you know she was fighting against abortion and found it ludicrous that this would somehow not be important to the case. For she was fighting for all children to survive and grow and become good moral citizens. Somehow it got a bit screwed up in the fact that a clean empty home without a mother was more beneficial. What do you suppose happenned here, could the California Court systems be completely liberal? Does being a liberal include unequal devision and parenting? Somehow when a person divorces you and gets a new wife it seems more beneficial to put the children in the care of alcoholics who abuse? The answer NO
Cara

Boctaoe

posted December 22, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Cara, Believing abortion is murder does not make it so. The Supreme Court and the majority of US citizens do not believe it is murder. The Health Care system does not believe it. The Insurance Industry does not believe it,,, should I go on? Do not try to make your “beliefs” their beliefs.

posted December 22, 2009 at 11:56 pm

Hum it’s ok to kill your unborn because it is your body, your right right? but if I don’t want to take goverment health care I could be fined right? and if I don’t want to wear a seat belt I could be fined right? yet it is my body I should be able to decide what I want to do with my body.I have rights over my body, give me a break this is hypocrisy if the libs want abortion or legalized murder they spin it to fit their agenda

Skeeter

posted December 23, 2009 at 2:05 pm

Back to the “legalized murder” line, you don’t seem to understand that it doesn’t serve you well. Like gods, there is no such thing.
As for government punishment of “uncooperative behavior”, I think people should be allowed waivers…you don’t wanna wear a seat-belt or help pay the cost of health care, fine, but you sign away any “right” to health care. Cash, credit, barter, pro bono, or bleed-out, if you bounce off a windshield!

posted December 23, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Re:
Boctaoe
So, what I have seen from all legal standing is the argument that others have the right to choose what they believe or want to do with their body. This however does not protect the right of the other body that they are terminating(ending their life). So however the legal documents are right now which indicate rights of a person to choose what they want to do with their body, it should also indicate the right of the state or government to protect the other body inside of them or where that body is. So, if you are trying to convince me that people are not people, I would like to so indicate that you are leading people into believing that they can end another person’s life. I will stand for those children who you Boctaoe, find to be irrelevant. Cara

Boris

posted December 25, 2009 at 1:26 pm

Cara,
>Just because it is a legal procedure at this point, does not however indicate that it is not murder or the health care industry or The Supreme Court does not see it as that. I for one, know that they are human beings, don’t you, Boctaoe?
Boris says: You don’t know that Cara. That like your belief that there is a God is just another one of your retarded beliefs. You could not be any dumber.
>Don’t try and pass off a person as being a blob of tissue, like a finger or toe you can chop of or donate. For you came from your mom and your dad putting together a sperm and and egg however they did it and it made you.
Boris says: No, you stop trying to pass a blob of tissue off as a person.
>So, what I have seen from all legal standing is the argument that others have the right to choose what they believe or want to do with their body. This however does not protect the right of the other body that they are terminating(ending their life).
Boris says: That’s because a fetus cannot be given rights that conflict with a woman’s rights. Rights must be considered as a whole. Now I’ve explained this to you several times now but apparently you are just too much of a religiously brainwashed idiot to understand the language of the land you live in. You are a perfect representative for the evil and false religion of Christianity though. You’re as stupid as you can be. Typical Christian.
>So however the legal documents are right now which indicate rights of a person to choose what they want to do with their body, it should also indicate the right of the state or government to protect the other body inside of them or where that body is.
Boris says: The state doesn’t have the right to turn women into breeding pigs you fascist. It’s been said when fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying the Christian cross. Jay Sekulow and his dishonest brain dead and lying sons are leading the charge to bring fascism to America and you Cara are one of their evil followers. You are rotten to the core.
>So, if you are trying to convince me that people are not people, I would like to so indicate that you are leading people into believing that they can end another person’s life. I will stand for those children who you Boctaoe, find to be irrelevant. Cara
Boris says: We find you irrelevant Cara. All Bible believers have always been irrelevant. Retards are irrelevant.

The Blob

posted December 25, 2009 at 1:54 pm

Help me, I want to live…I’m a citizen…I would never have eaten Steve McQueen, honest!

Mr. Incredible

posted December 25, 2009 at 5:13 pm

Boris excretes: … stop trying to pass a blob of tissue off as a person.
The law already treats the unborn, beginning at conception, as a person.
Boris excretes: … a fetus cannot be given rights that conflict with a woman’s rights.
One person’s Rights CAN conflict with another person’s Rights.

Mr. Incredible

posted December 25, 2009 at 5:19 pm

Boris excretes: The state doesn’t have the right to turn women into breeding pigs you fascist.
And it isn’t.
Boris excretes: It’s been said when fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying the Christian cross.
Yes, the Devil said it.
Boris excretes: Jay Sekulow and his dishonest brain dead and lying sons are leading the charge to bring fascism to America and you Cara are one of their evil followers. You are rotten to the core.
The Devil says the same thing.
Boris excretes: We find you irrelevant Cara.
And we find YOU irrelevant, Babbling Boris.
Boris excretes: All Bible believers have always been irrelevant.
To YOU, that is. So what?
Boris excretes: Retards are irrelevant.
So, when, then, will you get some help and at least try to become relevant?

Mr. Incredible

posted December 25, 2009 at 5:22 pm

So, then, Babbling Boris, are you enjoying the day off, due to Christmas?

Boris

posted December 26, 2009 at 2:25 am

The law already treats the unborn, beginning at conception, as a person.
Boris says: ROFL! Then why is abortion legal?
One person’s Rights CAN conflict with another person’s Rights.
Boris says: Give one example of this.
Boris says: ROFL! Then why is abortion legal?
Boris says: Abortions were openly advertised during, before and after the Constitution was written. If the founders wanted to make abortion illegal they would have. Therefore making abortions illegal would be unconstitutional. Case closed.
Yes, the Devil said it.
Boris says: Verify this quote from the devil. First let’s see some scientific evidence that there is a devil. Incredible the only thing incredible about you is your stupidity.
The Devil says the same thing.
Boris says: Prove it.
And we find YOU irrelevant, Babbling Boris.
Boris says: Great, members of a religious cult the entire world finds irrelevant find me irrelevant.
To YOU, that is. So what?
Boris says: Bible believers are irrelevant to the entire world.
So, then, Babbling Boris, are you enjoying the day off, due to Christmas?
Boris says: Because I’m self employed. And guess what. I never hire Christians. They’re lazy, the steal, they’re dishonest and stupid. Unemployable. Just like you.

Boris

posted December 26, 2009 at 2:30 am

and posterity includes the unborn
Boris says: The unborn are not mentioned in the Constitution. But how would you know that? You’ve never read the Constitution. Or the Bible. Yet you claim to know what both of them say. Hahahaha

Mr. Incredible

posted December 26, 2009 at 8:37 am

Boris excretes: The unborn are not mentioned in the Constitution.
The word, “posterity,” in Preamble, which begins the Constitution, including the unborn.
Boris excretes: You’ve never read the Constitution.
Translation: “You don’t agree with me, and, therefore, you’ve never read the Constitution.”
Boris excretes: Or the Bible.
I’ve already demonstrated countless times quite the opposite.
Boris excretes: Yet you claim to know what both of them say.
I don’t merely claim to know; I know.

Mr. Incredible

posted December 26, 2009 at 9:16 am

Mr. Incredible: The law already treats the unborn, beginning at conception, as a person.
Boris excretes: ROFL! Then why is abortion legal?
Mr. Incredible: Cuz not every argument can be presented at any one, given time.
In any case, SCOTUS does not say, in Roe, that the State is prohibited from regulating abortion.
So, whenever somebody gets around to presenting the correct argument, abortion is going down.
Mr. Incredible: One person’s Rights CAN conflict with another person’s Rights.
Boris excretes: Give one example of this.
Mr. Incredible: The abortive mother killing her unborn child who, according to the law, has, what the law calls, “future interests.” This is similar to the Preamble to the Constitution where the Framers secured the Blessings of Liberty to their “posterity.”
Mr. Incredible: Given, in the case of abortion, one person may not take the life of another who has “future interests.”
Boris excretes: ROFL! Then why is abortion legal?
Mr. Incredible: Read the answer above until you understand it. Unfortunately, that may take a while.
Mr. Incredible: “Future interests” is also in the Preamble to the Constitution — that is, the Framers secured the Blessings of Liberty to their posterity, and posterity includes the unborn.
Boris excretes: Abortions were openly advertised during, before and after the Constitution was written.
Mr. Incredible: So, YOU say that the Framers have contradicted themselves.
Provide uncorrupted, unbiased authoritative links to show that the Framers accepted and endorsed, even promoted, abortion.
Boris excretes: If the founders wanted to make abortion illegal they would have.
Mr. Incredible: If they didn’t want the unborn to survive, they would have secured the Blessings of Liberty to their “posterity” which include the unborn.
Boris excretes: Therefore making abortions illegal would be unconstitutional. Case closed.
Mr. Incredible: Except, as I’ve already said, SCOTUS, in Roe and in the following abortion cases, did not say abortion may not be regulated. The Court says that the State may regulate abortion, if the State can show that it has a legitimate interest in doing so. That legitimate interest would be Due Process. In order for that to happen, what justice Blackmun said in Roe — that the Court would have had ruled the other way at “personhood” been before the Court — is that all the State has to do is establish a suggestion of “personhood.” Only a suggestion. Only a hint. Several states are doing that now. It’s only a matter of time.
Mr. Incredible: Yes, the Devil said it.
Boris excretes: Verify this quote from the devil.
Mr. Incredible: Ok. I verify it.
Boris excretes: First let’s see some scientific evidence that there is a devil.
Mr. Incredible: Prove, scientifically, that YOU exist.
Boris excretes: Incredible the only thing incredible about you is your stupidity.
Mr. Incredible: Translation: “You don’t agree with me, and, so, you must be stupid.”
Mr. Incredible: The Devil says the same thing.
Boris excretes: Prove it.
Mr. Incredible: You’ve precluded yourself from any proof. Not very scientific.
Boris excretes:
Mr. Incredible: And we find YOU irrelevant, Babbling Boris.
Boris excretes: Great, members of a religious cult…
Mr. Incredible: Except we’re not members of a cult. But that won’t stop you from saying that we are. So much for scientific.
Boris excretes: … the entire world finds irrelevant…
Mr. Incredible: “the entire world”??? “Entire”?? What kinda Science tells you that?
Boris excretes:… find me irrelevant.
Mr. Incredible: Well…???
Mr. Incredible: To YOU, that is. So what?
Boris excretes: Bible believers are irrelevant to the entire world.
Mr. Incredible: To the entire secular cult world, that is.
Mr. Incredible: So, then, Babbling Boris, are you enjoying the day off, due to Christmas? Why aren’t you in court with Barry Lynn, trying to get your employer to stay open so that you can work on Christmas?
Boris excretes: Because I’m self employed.
Mr. Incredible: And, so, how do you do business with others who are taking the day off, denying you business contact cuz-a Christmas?
Boris excretes: And guess what. I never hire Christians.
Mr. Incredible: So what? What Christian would want to work for a mess like you?
Boris excretes: They’re lazy…
Mr. Incredible: Translation: “They don’t think the way I do…er… the way I think I think I do.”
Boris excretes: Translation: “… the steal…” [sic]
Mr. Incredible: A REAL Christian doesn’t steal. Of course, you must phony up all kinds of scenarios, trying to justify what you say you think, if you want to call it “thinking.”
Boris excretes: “… they’re dishonest…”
Mr. Incredible: Translation: “I gotta make up something so that I can feel good about what I’m trying to get others to believe I think.”
Boris excretes: “… and stupid.
Mr. Incredible: Translation: “They don’t think the way I do. Therefore, they must be stupid.”
Boris excretes: “Unemployable.”
Mr. Incredible: Translation: “Nobody will hire Christians just cuz I won’t hire them cuz, as everyone knows, everybody thinks like me.”
Boris excretes: Just like you.
Mr. Incredible: I wouldn’t want to work for somebody like you, anyway.

posted December 29, 2009 at 6:05 pm

Re: Boris
Enough said, we know where you stand on the issue of child in the womb, now don’t we.
If you find that protecting and standing up for someone who can not protect themselves against others such as yourself as being irrelevant, then I don’t know what to say. Remember, you came from that very location, as for the child being a blob of tissue, well, if you want to phrase yourself as being a blob of tissue Boris, than I don’t know what to tell you. It is just that, that very blob of tissue you are finding to be unworthy of living by choice, is in fact a person like you and I. In regards to the living embryo, or fetus as you so like to call them, they are people with all of their very own D.N.A.
Cara

Boris

posted December 30, 2009 at 12:49 am

Cara,
I an acorn a tree? Is a seed a tomato? Stop calling things what they aren’t. You’re only confusing that blob of tissue in your head. The rest of us know the difference. You get your ideas from a book that say lust is adultery. It isn’t. Abortion isn’t murder either. You;re lying when you say it is. But you’re a Christian so we expect that.

posted December 30, 2009 at 7:13 pm

Well, quite the contrary to your belief in adultry as being not lust.
The Bible says different on the subject. Of course, I am not going to try and convince a unbeliever into thinking scripture is a relevant subject if he wants to follow the rest of the world.
————
When an egg and a sperm come together and become one, they are much more than an embryo. For they are not only a developing person, they have hereditary DNA to even replicate some of your families physical traits.
Cara

Boris

posted December 31, 2009 at 3:15 pm

The Bible says different on the subject.
Boris says: right and the Bible says the earth is flat, never moves and had vegetation on it before the sun and moon even existed. ROFL!

posted December 31, 2009 at 5:53 pm

Entertainment value.

posted December 31, 2009 at 6:49 pm

Happy New Year, everybody!
Cara

Cornelius

posted January 27, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Of course, my question is ignored. I doubt jay even reads this. I doubt Barry reads his either. So lets just keep on screaming at one another as if that accomplishes anything.

Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting LynnvSekulow. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Jay Sekulow: Faith and Justice  Happy Reading!

posted 11:26:38am Aug. 16, 2012 | read full post »

Another blog to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Lynn V. Sekulow. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Jay Sekulow's Faith and Justice Happy Reading!!!

posted 10:36:04am Jul. 06, 2012 | read full post »

More to Come
Barry,   It's hard to believe that we've been debating these constitutional issues for more than two years now in this space.  I have tremendous respect for you and wish you all the best in your new endeavors.   My friend, I'm sure we will continue to square off in other forums - on n

posted 4:52:22pm Dec. 02, 2010 | read full post »

Thanks for the Memories
Well Jay, the time has come for me to say goodbye. Note to people who are really happy about this: I'm not leaving the planet, just this blog.As I noted in a personal email, after much thought, I have decided to end my participation and contribution to Lynn v. Sekulow and will be doing some blogging

posted 12:24:43pm Nov. 21, 2010 | read full post »

President Obama: Does He Get It?
Barry,   I would not use that label to identify the President.  I will say, however, that President Obama continues to embrace and promote pro-abortion policies that many Americans strongly disagree with.   Take the outcome of the election - an unmistakable repudiation of the Preside

posted 11:46:49am Nov. 05, 2010 | read full post »