Lynn v. Sekulow

Lynn v. Sekulow

Outrage In Proportion

posted by Rev. Barry W. Lynn

I like to think that my outrage is in relative proportion to the outrage that generated it in the first place.  I have never been known to give any politician a “pass” nor to overstate the gravity of a politician’s anti-separation errors.

So, as in my earlier blog, or in this interview with Fox News, I said what was on my mind about President Obama’s use of religious language to get people to rally around his health care plan.  Similarly, I have criticized the way the President has initiated his version of the “faith based initiative.”  It is my hope that this kind of specific criticism is useful.  More will come if changes are not made.

The comments to the rabbis last week were not as egregious as President Bush calling in religious figures to bless entry into the Iraq War after the late Pope John Paul II had opposed such action.  The comment about “bearing false witness” was clearly designed as a Biblical reference.  It wasn’t as sneaky as President Bush’s coded message about “power, wonder-working power” he slipped into his 2003 State of Union address right from the Baptist hymnal.  By the way, I didn’t issue any press releases or organize any Internet campaigns about either of these actions; I just answered questions honestly when asked.

However, what is really the issue here is whether the President is violating anyone’s constitutional rights by either (a) offering reproductive health coverage in some but not all plans that people can get after the healthcare overhaul he envisions and/or (b) reimbursing physicians for talking to people about “end of life care” options.  These are both red herrings that you and many of your compatriots are talking about.  Where are the unconstitutional provisions about these topics in any bill the President has endorsed, even in principle?

To subscribe to “Lynn v. Sekulow” click here.

N. Lindzee Lindholm

posted August 24, 2009 at 11:10 pm

What are your thoughts on these two areas?
Whether the President is violating anyone’s constitutional rights by either (a) offering reproductive health coverage in some but not all plans that people can get after the healthcare overhaul he envisions and/or (b) reimbursing physicians for talking to people about “end of life care” options.

frankmann

posted August 25, 2009 at 2:41 am

(a)No.
(b)No.

Your Name

posted August 26, 2009 at 5:31 pm

My opinion is: When you give others the right to be protected by law and at the same time, give others the right to murder people by law is this: completely insane.
When your murdering people at the same time your giving health care, it seems a bit crazy to me.
End of story.
C.L.F.

Jimbino

posted August 26, 2009 at 11:28 pm

Obama needs a sermon on the topic “Insurance is Non-Christian” using the text of Matthew 6:25ff.
25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Your Name

posted August 27, 2009 at 7:39 pm

Pippy got up in the morning to apply for yet another job. Which she thought that she was going to get only to be told that they would review her application. She went and filled out another application and went to her fourth restaurant to see if there were any jobs, of which she found a locked door.
She went to her one bedroom only to find the lady calling her aside threatenning her with no place to live. She told her she had to file bankrupcy to get out and she couldn’t qualify for a one bedroom apartment with the money she had. She told the lady that she would lose her storage and the lady didn’t care. She told her if she kept her car she wouldn’t have enough money to eat or for her kids. The lady did not care, in fact she made up a whole bunch of lies and told people that she was calling her names. Which was completely false. In fact Pippy was the one that was called names and slapped in the face. She asked the lady if she would give her examples the lady did not give her any.
She is tired of the entertainment field telling her that she needs to lose more weight, for God sakes she is a size two. Isn’t that how the entertainment field is, proclaiming that she is not good enough. What a joke, she’s gorgeous. Black ball list for control, when they don’t care how much pain your in and they go off to their comfortable bank account with a roof over their head, how sad.
Whatever,
Pippy
She finds it completely disheartenning that the so called Christian leaders of today’s world sit back and watch while she struggles for her very existance. She understands why people commit suicide when they don’t have their kids with them and they have so called Christians sit back and talk their little gossip on the phone with their so called smirks of gesture of care. Nope, sadistic.

Your Name

posted August 29, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Eat your veggies. Pj’s are cool don’t you think. Take the dog for a walk and call it a day. Don’t forget to write your grandmother in the hospital, she needs love and care just like you. Keep drinking your water, you want to be healthy. When your mother gets mad at you for walking the dog with your pjs on, smile, it’s funny.
Remember the rain,
Pippy

Your Name

posted August 31, 2009 at 11:45 pm

Sometimes I get a bit tired of veggies and have to have some wonderful chocolate. The only problem with that is, you have to walk off the extra calories. There is only so many movies you can see before you realize that you need to have good people in your life to enjoy everyday life with. If it is not your family by blood, try striking up a conversation with somebody different. Why do I write like this, well I suppose I want to make the world a better place to be in. So I can enjoy it a bit better with wonderful people in it. They are out there, you know. People who love eachother, not based on looks but on genuine care of the heart. They may be hard to find, but they are out there. Enjoy your chocolate and tidy the house a bit, so your husband is happy when he comes home from work.
Pippy Longstocking

Boris

posted September 1, 2009 at 12:15 am

Dingbattus Biblicanus

Your Name

posted September 1, 2009 at 8:37 pm

Would that be you, Boris? How about God, Boris? Are you so set in your own ideas that you can’t see beyond yourself or fragmented particles consisting of matter to what, materialize? Nope, the Great God of the present just showed up.
C.F.

Grumpy Old Person

posted September 2, 2009 at 9:39 am

Or, wingnutta religiosa.
Or, jeezusfreakus delusionalus.
Could we please have a discussion or a debate instead of a Bible thumping session?

Your Name

posted September 2, 2009 at 1:23 pm

Nope, I haven’t even hit you with any scripture yet. So would you like some? Have you researched Mt. Ararat yet? What about the beginning church of The New Testament believers? What about the artifacts pertaining to the church of Acts? You know with the mesianic symbol on them? ancient tablets or manuscripts or clay pottery pertaining to the new believers? Why would they have believed in Jesus at all if they didn’t see something? I certainly would not have wanted to be mounted to a post and beaten to death and then brought up on a cross to be killed? For whay purpose? The early church after Jesus being resurrected did not deny him. They were killed for the gospel. I don’t know about you, but in order for me to be crusified upside down or burned in oil for that matter, I do believe that they say something completely extra-ordinary to have not denied him and then to be put to death in that matter.
Enough said,
Cara

Your Name

posted September 2, 2009 at 1:24 pm

Enough said,
Cara

Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting LynnvSekulow. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Jay Sekulow: Faith and Justice  Happy Reading!

posted 11:26:38am Aug. 16, 2012 | read full post »

Another blog to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Lynn V. Sekulow. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Jay Sekulow's Faith and Justice Happy Reading!!!

posted 10:36:04am Jul. 06, 2012 | read full post »

More to Come
Barry,   It's hard to believe that we've been debating these constitutional issues for more than two years now in this space.  I have tremendous respect for you and wish you all the best in your new endeavors.   My friend, I'm sure we will continue to square off in other forums - on n

posted 4:52:22pm Dec. 02, 2010 | read full post »

Thanks for the Memories
Well Jay, the time has come for me to say goodbye. Note to people who are really happy about this: I'm not leaving the planet, just this blog.As I noted in a personal email, after much thought, I have decided to end my participation and contribution to Lynn v. Sekulow and will be doing some blogging

posted 12:24:43pm Nov. 21, 2010 | read full post »

President Obama: Does He Get It?
Barry,   I would not use that label to identify the President.  I will say, however, that President Obama continues to embrace and promote pro-abortion policies that many Americans strongly disagree with.   Take the outcome of the election - an unmistakable repudiation of the Preside

posted 11:46:49am Nov. 05, 2010 | read full post »