Lynn v. Sekulow

Lynn v. Sekulow

Ann, Aliens and the Antichrist: A Corrective For Coulter

posted by Rev. Barry W. Lynn

Jay, I want to get back to the very serious issue of the debate over health care in a few days, but I want to interrupt that flow with a point of personal privilege.

You see, I have been attacked by Ann Coulter…again. This one deserves an immediate response.

She has now claimed that I’m not a real minister — and not a real Christian — and has told readers that she would send a free copy of her newest book (sure to become another New York Times bestseller) to the first person who can send her a “copy of my bar mitzvah photos or birth announcement.”

I wonder why my lineage would matter. After all, there are some of Jewish converts to Christianity, including yourself, Jay. Maybe she is convinced that I am the Antichrist.  Many fundamentalists concerned about this matter (including the late Jerry Falwell) believe he is already among us and claim the said figure must be Jewish. Hence, to Ann, I must have been born Jewish.

Obviously, Jay, I believe all of this is just nonsense, but I want to put this claim of Ms. Coulter’s to rest–and I’d like to win one of those great New York Times best sellers.  I would also like to ensure that she does not repeat this error that could discredit her scholarship, which has already taken a few hits over her recent works, Treason and Godless

So, in the interests of the truth as Ann Coulter would want to know it, please note the following:

Here is my birth certificate from Cameroon — as anyone can see, this “authentic” document makes no reference to Jewish origins. (Note, this birth certificate is courtesy of lead “birther” Orly Taitz.)

certificate.JPGAnd here is one of the earliest known photos of my parents and me.

ALIEN-FAMILY.JPGFrankly, alien lineage is incompatible with any known Jewish tradition. (I verified this with several rabbis and Madonna, for the more mystical possibilities.)

Look, I don’t even have Ann’s e-mail, so you might want to help get me get this vital material to her.

As noted, I’ll get back to “socialist medicine,” “death panels” and other non-existent features of the Obama health care plan in a few days.

To subscribe to “Lynn v. Sekulow” click here.

Boris

posted August 13, 2009 at 2:27 pm

Ann Coulter calls liberals liars and idiots. Ann Coulter is a creationist and calls scientists “Darwiniacs.” Ann Coulter only sells a lot of books because there are a lot of very stupid people in America. We call these people creationists and Republicans.

Andrew

posted August 13, 2009 at 2:58 pm

Boris – not very tolerant of you. I thought libs were supposed to be non-judgmental (like Christians). So all creationists and Republicans are stupid? Kinda mean for a world peace, love one another, don’t judge like the Christians, left winger isn’t it?

jestrfyl

posted August 13, 2009 at 2:59 pm

WOW, she will beat this “birther” nonsense to a muddy pulp! It’s not like you are running for office. Is it part of her scheme that only true blue, born on “the land” Americans can be ordained, vote, or be members of the PTA?
She has reduced herself to Rush Limbaugh in drag.

hootie1fan

posted August 13, 2009 at 3:00 pm

I like a good sense of humor and irony

Gwyddion9

posted August 13, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Jestrfyl – your comment, “She has reduced herself to Rush Limbaugh in drag.”
I choked on my diet pop on this one!
Regarding Ann Coulter, I think this quote by Benjamin Franklin is fitting:
“It is better to be thought a fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.”
Oops, too late.

Your Name

posted August 13, 2009 at 4:22 pm

Nice picture Rev. Barry Lynn.
Pippy

DSJulian

posted August 13, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Congratulations Barry. That Ann Coulter would single you out is a real feather in your cap. You’ve obviously struck a nerve so keep applying the pressure. Having spokespersons like Orly Taitz (is that a Jewish name?), Joe the Plumber Worzelbacher (is that a Jewish Name?), Sarah Palin (is that a Jewish name?), or Jay Sekulow (is that a Jewish name?) can only help the liberal causes. Let’s see their Christian birth certificates! Ann Coulter only gets FOX airtime because, like all the rest of their on-air women, she is thin, blonde, and dumber than Joe the Plumber (if that’s possible).
Where we differ, Barry, is that I don’t think you should take this stuff lightly. I know that as an intelligent person you find these rightwingnuts funny and you find it hard to conceive that anyone could sincerely believe this tripe. But I can assure you they certainly do believe it. They will never understand that the person behind all this FOX nonsense is an Australian tabloid mogul who doesn’t care if their lies bring down the USA. Rupert Murdoch knows where the advertising dollars are. Watch between the programs: what percentage of the ads are from insurance and pharmaceutical companies? What is really sad is when it is obvious that those same companies have purchased US Congressmen as their advertising.

Tom

posted August 13, 2009 at 5:12 pm

I agree with Boris than Annie C is more than a little out there, even though I’m a registered Republican (from fifteen years ago with no party loyalty I might add).

Karl

posted August 13, 2009 at 6:54 pm

But who is worse? Ann and Rush or the thousands of people who listen to them and believe their vitriol?
I cracked up big time when I came to the picture of Barry and his “parents.”

Your Name

posted August 13, 2009 at 8:38 pm

Is this what the right has become? Why does it even matter about his lineage? When some people have no good ideas on how to solve the problems they began to attack others using outlandish antics, the makes the rest of us say huh?

Your Name

posted August 14, 2009 at 11:10 am

This is absolutely hilarious! The funniest thing I have read in a long time. What a great way to respond to that self-righteous, holier-than-thou, lying fraud known as Ann Coulter.

Douglas_macneill

posted August 14, 2009 at 11:26 am

Barry: Congratulations on being named by Ann Coulter. As for the post about Rush Limbaugh in drag? *slaps knee* lol If only conservatives in the US of A weren’t so full of themselves.

Jeff Harwood

posted August 14, 2009 at 12:43 pm

OMG! What is this?! Ann Coulter’s attempt at Birther: the Sequel. I still say that there only two reason’s that she has any public pull and they are sitting a few inches below her neck. It would curious to see her CV.

DavidK

posted August 14, 2009 at 5:47 pm

Cleary, Barry, you are entitled to Ann’s free book. Please claim it now!
I can’t believe the garbage the right puts out. But you know, people are stupid enough to believe it.

N. Lindzee Lindholm

posted August 14, 2009 at 10:39 pm

Rev. Barry: I am off the hook with this post, not being familiar with Ms. Coulter’s work, although if I am hearing you correctly, she is arguing that you must be born in a certain place or be a certain ethnicity in order to be considered Christian. Hmmm.
I must say, though, that the certificate is rather interesting. You don’t look that old, Rev. Barry. Your birth place is very rare, indeed.
Personally, I’d love to visit Africa one of these days. I promised myself I’d take a trip there after I graduate law school, but the way the economy looks now a days, maybe I’ll be taking the virtual tour instead while listening to tracks of the film Lion King in the background.

aveteran

posted August 15, 2009 at 3:54 am

I think we should demand Ann Coulter’s original birth certificate to prove she was born female. That comment about “in drag” may not be far off the mark.

Your Name

posted August 18, 2009 at 3:16 am

I heard that Chastity Bono got Ann-hole’s Captain Winky.

His Infernal Hiighness Lucifer, Prince of Darkness

posted August 20, 2009 at 12:00 pm

Perhaps we should see Ann Coulter’s birth certificate to confirm she was born, rather than being one of Dr Frankenstein’s less successful experiments.

buy umbrella

posted August 11, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Good writing, and I very much agree with your thoughts and insights. Hope that more could write such a good word, I said, to continue coming to visit, thank you for sharing.i love buy umbrella very much .

Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting LynnvSekulow. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Jay Sekulow: Faith and Justice  Happy Reading!

posted 11:26:38am Aug. 16, 2012 | read full post »

Another blog to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Lynn V. Sekulow. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Jay Sekulow's Faith and Justice Happy Reading!!!

posted 10:36:04am Jul. 06, 2012 | read full post »

More to Come
Barry,   It's hard to believe that we've been debating these constitutional issues for more than two years now in this space.  I have tremendous respect for you and wish you all the best in your new endeavors.   My friend, I'm sure we will continue to square off in other forums - on n

posted 4:52:22pm Dec. 02, 2010 | read full post »

Thanks for the Memories
Well Jay, the time has come for me to say goodbye. Note to people who are really happy about this: I'm not leaving the planet, just this blog.As I noted in a personal email, after much thought, I have decided to end my participation and contribution to Lynn v. Sekulow and will be doing some blogging

posted 12:24:43pm Nov. 21, 2010 | read full post »

President Obama: Does He Get It?
Barry,   I would not use that label to identify the President.  I will say, however, that President Obama continues to embrace and promote pro-abortion policies that many Americans strongly disagree with.   Take the outcome of the election - an unmistakable repudiation of the Preside

posted 11:46:49am Nov. 05, 2010 | read full post »