Lynn v. Sekulow

Lynn v. Sekulow

Health Care Disinformation

posted by Rev. Barry W. Lynn

The White House flagging program was both less useful and less sinister than its advocates and opponents, respectively, believed.  One can understand the frustration that the White House has about the astonishing level of lies, misinformation and nonsense being promoted by the opponents of health care reform.

However, most of the criticism is the result of well-orchestrated (and easy to locate the source of) campaigns by right-wing groups, talk radio hosts, a former Vice Presidential candidate and the insurance industry.  White House staffers probably didn’t need to get an e-mail from some guy living in Des Moines to know that Sarah Palin wants us to believe that “death panels” would soon be arriving to murder her son if the Obama plan passed. Indeed, CNN used a crawl message to that effect for over 24 hours two weekends ago.

Similarly, I doubt that Rahm Emanuel was planning to send the FBI to the Jones residence at 1234 Main Street, Oshkosh, Wisconsin if Jones’ neighbor had sent an e-mail to the White House noting that Jones had criticized the cost of health care reform while eating egg salad at the neighborhood picnic.

I believe that our current health care system is inefficient, “rations”
health care in particularly pernicious ways, often pays for useless and
patient-unwanted medical interventions, and should be changed.
Although this blog is not really about health care reform, some sub-
issues, such as end of life care and reproductive health, impinge on
important constitutional issues and I hope we can discuss them.

My
biggest problem with the way the debate is going on the overall package
is that the representations of what the President originally wanted
(I’m not sure what he wants right now) are so disingenuous.  How would
conservative politicians feel about these ads if they ran in their
states or districts?

ORRIN HATCH NEVER SERVED IN THE ARMED FORCES. MAYBE THAT’S WHY HE HATES MILITARY FAMILIES AND VETERANS.  Sen.Hatch is on record
opposing government health care.  This means that he wants to eliminate
all the government-provided medical care for the dependents of
servicemembers at bases around the United States.  Since the entire
Veterans Administration hospital system is government-run, that will be
closed down too, leaving the men and women who protected America unable
to obtain any assistance unless they can afford it out of their own
pockets.

MITCH MCCONNELL PROPOSES  UNLIMITED HEALTH EXPENDITURES TO PREVENT RATIONING.  Sen. McConnell opposes rationing
of health care.  This means that every American should be able to
obtain every drug, every procedure and every treatment that he or she
wants — without limits!  Our government will not be able to deny a
drug because it does not work, a procedure that at best helps a small
percentage of those who obtain it live an extra week, or
immediate treatment by any and all specialists demanded by a patient.
Since rationing will  be outlawed, people will soon be able to call for
an ambulance any time they have an ache and get tests every day if they
choose.  This end to all rationing will bankrupt our country!

Obviously,
these are not the positions of Senators McConnell or Hatch.  However,
it is the kind of deceitful commentary that is rampant on the Right
these days about the Obama effort.  It is time we had a debate about
specifics; not a generalized attack on “socialized medicine” or
“euthanizing the disabled.”  Right?

To subscribe to “Lynn v. Sekulow” click here.

Arrow

posted August 18, 2009 at 11:09 pm

Yes, it is imperative to lay out specifics and talk about the reasons behind them; and yes, it would be nice if it could be done in a rational way. The red-herrings, socialism and euthanasia, demonstrate the degree of perversion allowed to any ally by the opposition. The fact remains something has to be done, healthcare cost increases are crazy out of line, and projected to worsen intolerably. If the Congress sits on its hands, knowing what they know, they will be derelict in their duty, serving corporate efforts to secure profits. After all they get people elected.
I, personally, was disheartened when single payer was prematurely ruled out. Neither do I understand Obama’s resistance to reducing the size of the bite taken out of the medical profession by the legal. Increased insurance premiums and legal fees should be open to reduction. Negotiation with drug companies should not be ruled out either, in my opinion, quite the opposite. Providing end of life counselling is definately humanitarian, and most probably cost effective, leave it in I say. I would say the same about providing abortions to those who qualify.

billybil

posted August 19, 2009 at 3:58 pm

First, I’m a new member to ACLJ and to this blog. I appreciate ACLJ giving me the opportunity to speak my mind. I have been following the health care fiasco for the last month. Granted, I believe health care needs maintenance, not an overhaul as I believe HR3200 is proposing. What further infuriates me, is we have the President who wanted this legislation enacted immediately. Thank God we have Americans who are strong enough to “step up” and confront their legislators. Furthermore, most of our “elite” legislators and President, haven’t read the bill. I, for one, have read parts of it and I’m appalled at the length of the bill as well as too much government intervention into the lives of Americans. We can argue this but there is language which is confusing and questionable. The American people have the right to demand their government explain this bill. So much for leadership and change this President and Democrats were elected on. Our government wants to implement socialized health care and they can’t even explain it a simplistic way for people to understand.
Now, my wife works in the health care industry as a nurse. She has experienced our health care on a personal level. For those who say that there are 47 million people without health care, is an ambiguous statistic in my opinion. I would like the President to specify exactly where he got that number and I can show him how that number has been manipulated or propagandized. My wife tells me, no person is ever turned away for medical treatment at the emergency room, with or without health insurance.
Politically, I am an independent and have voted for politicians in both parties. Nevertheless, I am sick and tired of pundits of one side or the other of the political spectrum, accuse one another of a well-orchestrated attack on the other side’s policies. Well, have you ever heard of Freedom of Speech and First Amendment? Give me a break. What you saw last week were genuine Americans who are the loyal, patriotic and taxpaying Americans, who were concerned about the direction this administration is taking the country. They have right to protest and demand explanation. Why? Well, it will be the “ordinary Americans” who will be paying for this health care which will put us into more debt that will NEVER be paid off.
Lastly, I want to support our President and Congress but when a proposed bill of this magnitude is so poorly written that our legislators, nor President can explain it, it’s time to go back to the drawing board.

DSJulian

posted August 20, 2009 at 3:15 am

billybil — You just don’t get it do you? Your wife is lying to you if she is claiming that ER patients without insurance get the same care as the private room patients. In fact she’d be lying if she said that medicaid patients get the same care, or even that all insurance-covered patients get the same care. Hospitals live by rules called protocols. But those protocols are not set by the doctors, they are set by the insurance companies. Go ask your wife what the protocols are for who gets an MRI vs. who gets an ultrasound, who gets a referral to a specialist, who gets an ambulance ride to the surgery center — and especially who pays for the care of uninsured ER patients. (Hint: a hospital in Texas recently announced that it will no longer accept uninsured ER patients because they have had to eat more than $500,000,000 in nonreimbursable medical services.
This is not the bill President Obama wanted. What he wanted was an extension of MediCare for all Americans and to raise the income tax rate on the top 2% of Americans to pay for it. You do understand, don’t you, that the top 2% of Americans includes the top executives of the health insurance companies that have to keep raising their rates to pay for their own exhorbitant salaries, stock options, and golden parachutes.
Instead of that simple extension, President Obama naively though that Republicans who said they agreed that the system needs fixing would actually help fix it. So they proceeded to dump thousands of pages of garbage into the bills that nobody, not Republicans or Democrats, will vote for. One can only hope that President Obama has learned this lesson: How do Republicans spell bipartisan? A: M-Y-T-H. And what do Republicans really want for healthcare reform? A: Eliminate Medicare, Medicaid, and social security.
You are right. It is time to go back to the drawing board. Hopefully this time we won’t have to waste everyone’s time and energy trying to appease the Party of No…

SusanJohnson

posted August 20, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Is there a place on the internet we can read the actual referencfes to the provisions in the health care bill for: Government Funded Abortion, Full Medical Coverage for Illegal Aliens? Where are these sections located within the Bill, ie., page number? Is it true that if these issues are left blank and not detailed in this document the Government will do whatever they want with it at a later date?

chuck in austin

posted August 20, 2009 at 1:48 pm

Come on, Barry Lynn, things like this aren’t one-sided or even heavy-handed. I recall ads being run against GOP leaders and using the same kind of demagoguery. I don’t remember you jumping on, e. g., Move-On for the “General Betray-Us” ads — to give an example of a non-politician under attack from the most rabid fringe of the far Left.
I’m curious, though, what you think of Obama’s invoking religion in this debate. Do you find it as untoward as the alleged comments of divine mandate ascribed to Bush in the run-up to war? Do you agree with him about “bearing false witness” despite his own problems vis-a-vis lying about AARP supporting his plan (though he hasn’t offered one) and doctors profiteering from unnecessary tonsillectomies and amputations? And if we’re going to use religious doctrine to formulate public policy, how shall we balance the new Obama Doctrine of “we are our brother’s keeper” with other passages that say “he who doesn’t work doesn’t eat”? Shall we end welfare entitlements for able-bodied Americans?
Are you going to take this administration to task for playing the religion card in a more overt (and despicable, IMO) way than the Bush administration ever did? Or is this an area where libertarians like me are left fending for ourselves while the Religious Left enjoys the fruits of victory over the Religious Right and we’re all left in the middle of your freaking partisan and doctrinaire (un)holy wars?

Angelique

posted August 20, 2009 at 1:58 pm

It’s funny (in a very sad kinda way) that christians are now up in arms with Mr. Obama’s tactics. I remember listening to ACLJ radio show during the election campaigns and hearing christians boldly state that even though this man was pro-abortion, they were still going to vote for him — what??? — and now this man is doing everything within his power (whether legal, moral, or ethical is for who? to decide) to shove abortion down our throats no matter how much it chokes us. Now we have to back peddle to keep this man from doing the very things he promised to do in his campaigns. I did NOT vote for him and he does NOT speak for me. If people couldn’t read the writing on the wall during the campaigning, I hope they are waking up now — before he has succeeded in silencing our voices forever.
God bless the work at ACLJ.

Your Name

posted August 20, 2009 at 4:29 pm

The facts are that the government does not value the humen being at this point. So much to the fact that it takes our dollars to kill people. Like I said before it is our posterity being killed with U.S. tax dollars and not only that they are trying to force the issue that employees have to give out murder pills regardless of their moral views. They are disregarding the right of the individual to defend themselves against a parent who want to kill them and their doctor who wants to preform the murder for profit.
Cara Floyd

billybil

posted August 20, 2009 at 5:02 pm

Sir, I do get it and understand it very well. I DO NOT appreciate you calling my wife a liar. What do you know about it sir? My wife is on the front lines and deals with health insurance patients as well as Medicaid and Medicare patients every day. Now, according the law, no public hospital can refuse treatment to any uninsured person. If it is a private hospital, the law states they must provide care if there is not a public hospital within a reasonable distance. So, I’m not sure what you mean by refusing treatment and understanding protocols. As far as Medicare and Medicaid patients getting the same treatment, my mother is on Medicare, and she has received equitable treatments or procedures when they were needed. The only problem, Medicare did not pay the bill on time so she received threatening letters from collecting agencies until Medicare paid the bill. So, I question the efficiency of Medicare. The same happened to father several years ago before he passed away but that’s too long of a story.
1. There needs to be health care reform. I can support an extension of Medicare and Medicaid. I don’t know if I want to pay more taxes for it. However, HR 3200, I am against.
10. I believe in the sanctity of life but I’m not sure our government does.

Mary-Lee

posted August 20, 2009 at 11:36 pm

Susan, there are no provisions in any of the proposed pieces of legislation that would provide health care for illegals or to fund abortions.
If you want to be certain that neither happens, you should write to your representative and ask that the bills have those stipulations included specifically.
However, you should know that prior laws already exist which require hospitals to provide emergency care to anyone who needs it – but not care for sniffles and sneezes – and also laws that forbid government funds from supporting abortion – although many health insurance companies do pay for abortions.

Mary-Lee

posted August 20, 2009 at 11:51 pm

Billybil, I would like to answer a few of your points.
2. Your health insurance already interferes in the lives of Americans.
3. We have yet to see any fully developed health care reform proposal from the Republicans.
5. We do have one of the best health care systems in the world. The problem is that most citizens cannot access it.
6. Do you really like your health care coverage or do you like your doctor? But you will be able to keep both!
7. The figure is 47 million citizens without health care coverage. No statement has been made as to why they are without coverage. With the reform, everyone will have to get health care. That should ease your mind about your sons.
8. President Obama never promised that there would be no tax increases on the upper classes. In fact, he has promised that those who earn over $250,000. will have their taxes increased proportionally to their income. Those increases have already gone into effect. You have already received your tax cuts, too. Check your pay stubs!

DSJulian

posted August 21, 2009 at 5:07 am

billybil: Sir, I do get it and understand it very well. I DO NOT appreciate you calling my wife a liar. What do you know about it sir? My wife is on the front lines and deals with health insurance patients as well as Medicaid and Medicare patients every day.
dsjulian: My wife is an RN who finally left nursing after nursing became less about care and more about documenting the insurance protocols. She watched patients routinely sent for ultrasounds who really needed the much more expensive MRI’s. She watched Doctors chastised for ordering more expensive tests when the patient’ insurance would only pay for cheaper but less comprehensive tests. And then there is the issue of morphine drips in oncology…
billybil: Now, according the law, no public hospital can refuse treatment to any uninsured person. If it is a private hospital, the law states they must provide care if there is not a public hospital within a reasonable distance. So, I’m not sure what you mean by refusing treatment and understanding protocols.
dsjulian: Then you need to ask your wife about what happens to the patients who leave after waiting for hours in the ER waiting room or are “accidentally” misdiagnosed in triage — before they are officially admitted. Then ask her where they send the Medicaid patients once the specifically designated Medicaid beds are already filled. Protocols are the steps the insurance company requires the medical staff to take before they will pay for additional medications, tests, or procedures. Protocols can also include limitations of diagnoses because of age, general physical condition, gender, and other factors.
billybil: As far as Medicare and Medicaid patients getting the same treatment, my mother is on Medicare, and she has received equitable treatments or procedures when they were needed. The only problem, Medicare did not pay the bill on time so she received threatening letters from collecting agencies until Medicare paid the bill. So, I question the efficiency of Medicare. The same happened to father several years ago before he passed away but that’s too long of a story.
dsjulian: So we agree that the single payer public option is the best solution for seniors and the disabled. So why don’t we simply extend it to everyone. All we need to do is improve the billing department, right?
billybil: Look, I don’t know you nor do I want to get into an argument with you on a stupid blog. I’m sure you are a decent person as I am but we a difference of opinion. Now, this is how I feel so you know I get it:
dsjulian: There is no bill before Congress yet. The three committees have submitted their ideas. Now the House and Senate committees have to pare them down to something the majority of the Congressmen can agree on. What they should already agree on is the fact that it is a public embarrassment for the only real remaining world power to fail to provide basic health care for all of its citizens. And what they should already agree on is that it is a national disgrace that more than 20,000 people every month either cannot afford treatment at all or go into bankruptcy to pay for it.
billybil: 2. I support the overall concept of Medicare and Medicaid because I do believe the Federal Government has SOME responsibility to help people in need. (Preamble of the US Constitution, General Welfare Clause.) But, I DO NOT support the total takeover of the health care industry by the US Govt. because that, by far, is too much government intervention into the lives of Americans.
dsjulian: So precisely how did Medicare succeed in totally taking over the health care industry? Strange, people don’t seem to complain about the government taking over postal, police, fire, library, criminal justice, building code, transportation, utilities, military, and disaster relief services. Would you rather have the President of the United States as our Commander in Chief, or the President of United Health Care, who keeps raising the costs of health insurance by raising his compensation package to more than $100,000 per hour? I pay more than $10,000 a year for health insurance for my wife and I. That means it takes 10 people like me every hour to pay the salary of one health care executive. And none of that is actually going to pay for any medical services, not even your wife’s salary.
billybil: 3. I think there are some good ideas from both sides of the Congressional aisle that can be studied. You say bi-partisanship is a myth and blame it on the Republicans. I disagree, it’s both sides refusing bi-partisanship and it just continues and the American people are sick of it.
dsjulian: You have a very short memory. President Obama was elected because the majority of Americans were fed up with the lack of any attempt at bipartisan action by the Republicans, who succeeded in deregulating our country into bankruptcy, plunging us into a costly and unnecessary war in the Middle East, and fomenting a full-scale attack on the Constitution. Don’t take my word for it: just name one thing the Republicans have suggested as health care reform. OK, any kind of reform. In spite of objections by many in his own party, President Obama naively continues to this day to give the Republicans a chance to participate in health care reform and do the right thing for the people.
billybill: 4. At this time in our history, I happen to believe, that health care is a RIGHT and everyone CITIZEN should have health care.
dsjulian: If that’s true, and I sincerely hope it is, then specifically what are you doing to make health protection just like police protection, fire protection, national defense, etc. for all those young people whose employers force them to work multiple part-time and contract jobs to keep from having to pay any benefits?
billybil: 5. I also DO NOT support what the Democrats say, that we have one of the worst health care industries in the world. What a ridiculous, propagandist statement to make.
dsjulian: Neither Democrats nor anyone else claims our health care industry is one of the worst in the world. The World Health Organization rates us 37th as far as quality of care, and 1st as far as cost. Go back to the answer to question 2 above for the answer to why we get only ok care for top dollar instead of the best care at reasonable cost.
billybil: 6. I, and 80% Americans who have health care, like their health care coverage and, DO NOT want the government interfering with it.
dsjulian: Why don’t you go ask one of those 14,000 who lost their jobs and therefore their health coverage this month whether they like their lack of coverage or the fact that if they ever used their health coverage in the past, they may never be able to get health insurance again (until they qualify for Medicare) because of preexisting conditions? And how many of that 80% are already on single-payer public option Medicare, Veterans Administration, or military service coverage? Nobody is asking you to give up your current coverage. And don’t you see the irony: you don’t want the government getting between you and your doctor, but you don’t seem to mind your insurance company interfering.
billybil: 7. The $47 million uninsured because they can’t pay for it, is a bogus number as well. Why? There are many Americans, who just don’t feel it’s necessary to purchase it. Now, I have 3 sons. One boy has VA coverage because he is a veteran. My other 2 boys are in their 20’s and both feel it is unnecessary at this time in their lives to purchase. Although, we have told the boys you need to look into health care coverage. So, what’s my point? Well, I would be willing to bet, there are millions of young people just like my two sons. Now, I am sure there are millions who can’t afford it but NOT $47 million.
dsjulian: There are at least 46 million Americans who cannot afford to pay $10,000 a year for health insurance. And when one of your sons is in a catastrophic accident or contracts a serious long-term debilitating illness, who will pay for those costs? You? The hospital? Or will they join the ranks of the other individuals bankrupted by astronomical medical costs? In the state where I live, auto insurance is mandatory. Do you know why? It’s because, given the choice, boys like yours pretend they will never get into an accident, and if they do, somebody else will pay for it.
billybil: 8. How are we to pay for this without increasing taxation? President Obama promised no increased taxation on the middle class. I am middle class. I don’t want my taxes to increase. But, without contradicting myself, I don’t know how the President can pay for it without increasing taxation. So, I have a major dilemma in my life that I have to reconcile.
dsjulian: President Obama never said he would not increase taxes to pay for this. He said he would not raise taxes on the lower or middle classes. Simply returning the tax rates of the top 2% of Americans to where they were before Ronald Reagan will pay for the whole thing.
billybil: 9. Yes, I do believe the health insurance industry can be corrupt, deceitful and perhaps, too powerful. But, I DO NOT want another Fed. Government bureaucracy created that will be making health care decisions for me.
dsjulian: So why are you willing to let health insurance companies make decisions for you? No one wants the Federal Government to make decisions for you. If you like what you have, keep it. What’s being proposed is that the choice of subscribing to a public option for basic health care, like Medicare or the Veterans Administration, be made available to all Americans.
billybil: 10. I believe in the sanctity of life but I’m not sure our government does.
dsjulian: Governments don’t have beliefs, only individuals have beliefs. Governments have laws.
billybil: Ok, enough! Sir, I do get. My whole point in my last post was this, health care reform is a major issue and the American people want answers to their questions and the Obama Administration has not done affectively. It’s an insult to the American people what the Obama Administration and Democrats tried to do by forcing this legislation down the throats of Americans. It was so arrogant of the President and Congress to NOT read HR 3200 and expect the American people to agree with this legislation. I am glad the American people stood up for their rights. I am, no matter what you think, in the MAJORITY. So, the drawing board is the answer, however, the Democrats are going to play “political football” and probably will win the health care debate.
dsjulian: Where do you get the bizarre idea that the majority of Americans want to maintain the stranglehold of the health insurance monopoly in this country and turn their backs on the people who need and want health insurance but cannot get it? As of yesterday, 77% agree that the current health care system in the USA is broken and needs to be fixed now. The Democrats won the health care debate the day President Obama was elected. The only gamesmanship in this is by Republicans and Blue Dog Democrats who will literally do or say anything to keep President Obama from killing the goose that lays the golden egg of million-dollar corporate contributions to their reelection campaigns. Right now the only thing that is being forced down the throats of Americans is further unnecessary delay.

N. Lindzee Lindholm

posted August 24, 2009 at 9:59 pm

Debate on the health care plan can take any form or issue, including “socialized health care” and “euthanizing the disabled” (and the elderly, 1st and 2nd trimester fetuses, etc). The “socialize health care” topic is helpful because we as a society need to give an umbrella label to the plan in order to detail what it encompasses. The discussion about “euthanizing the disabled” is helpful because like you said, Rev. Lynn, it brings forth constitutional issues such as the right to life and what life is, who should have life, what the cost will be, and what age bracket should be included. Therefore, my take is that these issues are in fact relevant to the health care debate.

Laurie

posted September 2, 2009 at 9:38 am

Dear Rev. Barry W. Lynn,
It is a shame that you don’t remember your history. You need to read a few things about what happened in Germany in the 2030 right up to the end of WWII. It started out innocent enough, report to us when your neighbors aren’t doing what they are suppose to be doing. They were as naive as you are. Right down until the knock came on their door to take them to the camps. Are you wanting us to wait that long to do something? Or has God closed your eyes so that you can’t see your fingers in front of your face.

Your Name

posted September 3, 2009 at 2:00 pm

A few comments:
Actually, abortion funding will be a consequence of the health care bill, as identified in AP articles, and factcheck.org. National Right to Life has links to all of this (www.nrlc.org), decide for yourself.
If a private insurance company funds abortions, I can switch to another company. In a single payer system, and possibly a public option, I do not have that choice.
So which is it? Rationing and abortion coverage are myths, yet there is no official final bill. How can you say these are myths if there is no final bill? It seems that is always the argument when people provide evidence that supports rationing and abortion coverage. Also, supporters of the health care bill claim rationing claims are fear-mongering, and then claim that of course people should have limitations to health care to keep costs under control, as Rev. Lynn did in his blog. So rationing is a myth, even to those who say it is a necessity? I can’t follow this circular logic, sorry.
For those who claim the private sector is abysmal, please point me to any evidence that it will be better as a gov’t run program.
Where are all the pro-choicers when it comes to choice in medical care? What about private choices between a woman and her doctor?
If a woman with the early stages of breast cancer wants a double mascectomy (yes, I realize I probably spelled that wrong), will she have the choice to do that? Or will that be too expensive? The pro-health-care-billers claim everyone should have access to affordable health care. What about expensive health care? If they were saying, everyone should have access to whatever health care they need to extend the length of their life, I might be on board.

Your Name

posted September 3, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Well, what do you think those laws are based on? And if I’m not mistaken, the people who support the public option are saying they BELIEVE access to affordable health care is a fundamental right. The say the rich SHOULD pay for it. They BELIEVE corporate insurance companies are evil, and the government will act as a benevolent non-profit. And they are advocating legislation based on that. And as for the sancitity of human life, people who support legalized abortion do so because they BELIEVE women have the right to kill their unborn child if that child is an inconvienence. So to say that some laws are based on beliefs and some aren’t is illogical. Computer programs don’t spit out our laws. INDIVIDUALS, with their own worldviews and BELIEFS, push and advocate for laws that support those BELIEFS and worldviews. The question is, which beliefs are consistent with the principles and laws our country was founded on. Until we have a new constitutional convention, like it or not, the constitution we have is (supposed to be) the basis of the law of the land. And if we want to make changes, we do it with amendments, not by changing the language through rhetoric.

Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting LynnvSekulow. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Jay Sekulow: Faith and Justice  Happy Reading!

posted 11:26:38am Aug. 16, 2012 | read full post »

Another blog to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Lynn V. Sekulow. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Jay Sekulow's Faith and Justice Happy Reading!!!

posted 10:36:04am Jul. 06, 2012 | read full post »

More to Come
Barry,   It's hard to believe that we've been debating these constitutional issues for more than two years now in this space.  I have tremendous respect for you and wish you all the best in your new endeavors.   My friend, I'm sure we will continue to square off in other forums - on n

posted 4:52:22pm Dec. 02, 2010 | read full post »

Thanks for the Memories
Well Jay, the time has come for me to say goodbye. Note to people who are really happy about this: I'm not leaving the planet, just this blog.As I noted in a personal email, after much thought, I have decided to end my participation and contribution to Lynn v. Sekulow and will be doing some blogging

posted 12:24:43pm Nov. 21, 2010 | read full post »

President Obama: Does He Get It?
Barry,   I would not use that label to identify the President.  I will say, however, that President Obama continues to embrace and promote pro-abortion policies that many Americans strongly disagree with.   Take the outcome of the election - an unmistakable repudiation of the Preside

posted 11:46:49am Nov. 05, 2010 | read full post »