click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About the Author
- A Wake Up Call
- Law of Attraction in Action: Assuming the Worst
- Can’t vs. Don’t Want To
- Are You a Needy People Magnet?
- Overcoming Obstacles–interview with Jenn London
- Law of Attraction in Action: Fear of Technology
- Carry Self-Praise in Your Wallet
- Give Yourself Permission to Express Yourself
- Be the Boss of Your Own Life
- Law of Attraction in Action: Trusting the Process
About Lessons from a Recovering Doormat
Welcome to my self-empowerment blog. I used to be a wimp and never got taken seriously. When I became one of the first women to start a record label, I learned to navigate the male dominated music industry and earned respect, without raising my voice or getting overtly tough. I transferred those skills into all areas of life and now get what I want from most people. I'll share those lessons here by talking about my observations of situations and habits that hold both men and women back from being as empowered as possible. I'll also give tips for more effective communication, handling yourself with more confidence, and in general, how to come across as more serious--whether it's at work, dealing with an annoying phone company, your mother, a romantic partner and anyone else you want to feel more in control with. Everybody can use more tools for taking control of their lives, like in my latest book, Nice Girls Can Finish First.
Read My Book