click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About the Author
- Ditch the Victim Mentality
- Standing Up for Yourself
- Law of Attraction in Action: What You Think Of Yourself
- Why People Become DoorMats/People Pleasers
- Law of Attraction in Action: “It’s for the best”
- Get Heard!
- Get Good Customer Service
- Are You Willing to be Different Enough to Have a Great Relationship?
- Law of Attraction in Action: Labeling Things That Happen with Negatives
- Coping with Criticism
About Lessons from a Recovering Doormat
Welcome to my self-empowerment blog. I used to be a wimp and never got taken seriously. When I became one of the first women to start a record label, I learned to navigate the male dominated music industry and earned respect, without raising my voice or getting overtly tough. I transferred those skills into all areas of life and now get what I want from most people. I'll share those lessons here by talking about my observations of situations and habits that hold both men and women back from being as empowered as possible. I'll also give tips for more effective communication, handling yourself with more confidence, and in general, how to come across as more serious--whether it's at work, dealing with an annoying phone company, your mother, a romantic partner and anyone else you want to feel more in control with. Everybody can use more tools for taking control of their lives, like in my latest book, Nice Girls Can Finish First.
Read My Book