J Walking

J Walking

Benny Hinn in Uganda

posted by David Kuo

I saw this poster on the wall of the cancer clinic today:
hinn.jpg
Yes, this cancer clinic:
hospital.jpg
And yes, this IS the same Benny Hinn who sent out a request for his followers to pay for his new Gulfstream jet.

Benny Hinn has already taken delivery on a new Gulfstream jet, and wants you to pay for it, because “it is the only we Pastor Benny can continue to go as God directs.” If you don’t pony up for Benny Hinn’s jet, “safety will plummet,” Pastor Benny will be plumb tuckered out, and most importantly, untold numbers of precious souls who might have been saved will go to hell. All because of you. But if you do help pay for Benny Hinn’s jet, he’ll put your name in the special prayer cabin he’s going to use as he races across the planet aboard, ahem, “Dove One,” fulfilling the Great Commission from “the highest prayer tower in the world … where he will intercede for you… .” And God will hear him better because he’ll be 40,000 feet closer to heaven. …Benny Hinn says in his appeal for the rest of the $6 million downpayment on the jet, “What we do for the sake of the Gospel, we must do now!”

And so my plea to Christian leaders like James Dobson, Richard Land, Tony Perkins, and to groups like the American Family Association who recently sent out this impassioned plea:

The TV Land network has a new feature starting this Saturday (Feb. 16) called “OHMIGOD, That’s so 80′s weekend.” The series features movies from the 1980′s. “OHMIGOD” is an irreverent exclamation for “Oh, my God!”

…take a stand against this spiritual crime… take a stand against the exploitation of sick Ugandans, starving Ugandans, desperate Ugandans… denounce the travesty of Benny Hinn in this country because that would be a whole lot closer to something Jesus would do.
Do it for Charles and for his parents:
charley.jpg

kelly

posted February 17, 2008 at 8:44 am

Glad you posted this. Thanks for what you are doing. Compassions International is amazing. Praying for you all.

Donny (Psalm 51, me too.)

posted February 17, 2008 at 9:03 am

David, my dear David,
There is a huge world of false teachers in the Christian world. (And no they are not just Liberals and Progessives.)
I’m truly sorry, that Benny Hinn and his “ilk” have a voice in the world you are trying to reach.
Hank Hanegraaff and the Christian Research Institute literally exist to expose men like Benny Hinn and those that peddle this thing called “Word of Faith.” As well as many other false and heretical teachings and belief systems.
CRI is located at equip.org. The website of CRI. It is the organization founded by Walter Martin.
Hanegraaff:
What’s wrong with the “Faith” movement? Its leaders include many of the most popular television evangelists. Its adherents compose a large percentage of charismatic evangelical Christians. Its emphases on faith, the authority of the believer, and the absolute veracity of Scripture could appear to be just what today’s church needs. And yet, I am convinced that this movement poses one of the greatest contemporary threats to orthodox Christianity from within. Through it, cultic theology is being increasingly accepted as true Christianity.
For more go here:
///
Apologetics is a 360% situation 24/7. It is just as important to hold accountable things done in the name of the Church body, as it is to oppose homosexuality or abortion.
Hinn is a horrible man. In fact probably the worse kind there is in the Christian milieu.
Jesus drove this kind of man out of the temple.
Hanegraaff wrote a book: Christianity in Crisis, to expose the fraud and heresy in Hinn and the founders of this religious direction also called “Prosperity Gospel” and “Name It and Claim It.” It is truly horrifying. I had many friends buy into this false teachings with tragic results.
It goes like this: “If,” you “say” ANYTHING, you get it. The Lord, say the Word of Faith people like Hinn, has to react to your “words” because words are carriers of eternal powers. Even power that can control God and what “He” has to “do.” Your “faith” in words can obtain for you ANYTHING. Literally anything!!!! You can “speak” life into your life, OR, suffering and death.
“I could just die if I don’t get that slice of pie.” That statement just “spoke” death into my life. “I want to be healed.” Well, if YOU have enough faith in the words you spoke, you will be healed.
But, there is a catch . . . “if” you don’t have “enough” faith, if you come up short in that department, you lose.
“Don’t blame the Word of Faith Pastors,” oh no, it is YOUR fault, that you didn’t have enough faith that you stay, sick get sick, or are poor and needy. God is waiting to make you wealthy, healthy and powerful, if you only faith enough to demand it from Him with the effectiveness of “words.”
So, if you come to Hinn, or any numbers of these “Prosperity Gospel” leaders, AND YOU DON’T GET HEALED, it has nothing to do with Hinn and the Word of Faith preachers et al, it is YOUR FAULT.
Oh and by the way . . . the more money you send in to these ministries, the more money God will “bless your seed” with.
Also, called the Ten Fold doctrine. One buck in, God gives ten dollars in return.
And so on and so on.
Hinn is as bad as anything the Progressives mangle in a quest for power and authority. Actually, in my honest opinion, he’s worse.
Let it be noted that the Lord said:
“My people perish for a lack of KNOWLEDGE.”
The Apostles: “Test all things . . .” And, “study to show yourself approved . . .”
READ THIS ARTICLE:

Laura Matthews

posted February 17, 2008 at 9:50 am

this is righteous anger at its best… please keep being that city on a hill, David.
warmly
Laura

Barbara

posted February 17, 2008 at 12:10 pm

David, thank you for these pictures. They are like a spear in my heart and I only wish I had realized what a monster Hinn is years ago. I first learned about Hinn in one of his books from the book club Crossings. My family and I followed him around the country and he layed hands on me, my husband and daughter. Since then I have been sicker than ever, almost dying a few times, my husband is unemployed for the fourth time and my daughter has gone South. We are fortunate to still have a roof over our heads but these last 8 years have been hell. When you give money to Hinn you are really giving money to Satan himself! BEWARE!

Karen

posted February 17, 2008 at 12:35 pm

Yeah, the ‘Seed of Faith’ movement seems mostly to be a scam. And its bulletproof. As noted above, since the person’s faith is the key, if it doesn’t work, it isn’t because, well, it /DOESN’T WORK/, it is because your faith is insufficient. You didn’t give enough ‘seed money’. So, worse than being bad theology, worse than diverting people from useful things they could be doing for their problems, it demonizes anyone with troubles, because, if the faithful have their problems solved, then those who have troubles aren’t faithful, right?
I mean, didn’t the Bible have a whole book dealing with this..mm.. manure? (Job)

Donny (Psalm 51, me too.)

posted February 17, 2008 at 12:36 pm

Laura,
Be very careful, “righteous anger” is labeled hate speech and a hate crime by certain kinds of other false teachers. And definately at this website you have to walk on Humanist eggshells “or else.” Hinn’s is not the only group within the Christian community leading people astray.
Did you click on CRI?

Thinker

posted February 17, 2008 at 1:46 pm

Yes David – we must stand against these false and self absorbed “preachers”. I’ve known a priest or two of this ilk. All are smooth talkers and amoral in their dealings with money.
Donny, you and I are in agreement on this one.
There are also lots of other “Children’s Cancer” kind of scams all over the place. Where my money goes is something I research pretty carefully.
Righteous anger can be habit forming and then there is just self-righteous rage. Fine line between the two. A friend once told me there is no such thing as moral outrage – rage cannot be moral – was his view. After studying Gandhi – I came to the same conclusion.
So what to do with this almost visceral anger at such people as Benny Hinn. There’s the moral problem for me.
Perhaps being knowledgeable is the weapon we must use. Knowledge and facts go a long way. Pictures such as this go a long way. Rage never works. It simply creates reciprocal rage.

Bob M

posted February 17, 2008 at 5:08 pm

Yes, we all remember when our Lord rode into Jerusalem in his Mercedes and declared that if all his followers just invested twenty shekels in his iracle ministry, they would all become health and wealthy.
Hinn and his ilk sicken me and blaspheme against the Gospel.
May God bless the compassionate and courageous souls who minister to “the least of these” in places like that cancer ward.
If people want to meet the Living Lord, I suggest they go to such places, rather than chase after a jet-propelled phoney who sports the galaxy’s worst combover.

Doug

posted February 17, 2008 at 7:18 pm

if it helps, when I first loaded the site, I thought the post was titled “Benny Hill in Uganda.”
Safe return, brother Kuo. I will pray for all non-gulfstreams to land safely.

BUSH

posted February 17, 2008 at 7:51 pm

amen. good word david

c kitty

posted February 17, 2008 at 9:14 pm

You could probably build a hospital in Uganda for what Hinn spends to fill the gas tank on his GulfStream. unfortuantely, it’s people like Hinn who turn so many people off on Christianity.

Donny (Psalm 51, me too.)

posted February 18, 2008 at 12:04 am

After studying Gandhi – I came to the same conclusion.
Posted by: Thinker | February 17, 2008 1:46 PM
///
Knowledge Thinker?
Hinn is opposed by the same voices that I present oppose Liberal and Progresive theology. The Gospel of Christ and the witness and testimony of the Apostles. Hinn is no worse than what The Left is currently attempting to do with “Christianity.” Peddling false doctrine for political and financial wealth looks just the same to me.
///
“. . . it’s people like Hinn who turn so many people off on Christianity.”
Posted by: c kitty | February 17, 2008 9:14 PM
///
c kitty,
Neither Jesus nor His Apostles ever heard the word “Christianity.” The Apostles, Evangelicals one and all, (Evangel means: The Gospel), were called Christians in Antioch, but the followers of Jesus preached the Gospel and wrote about people and Churches that made mistakes wilfully or not to get back on track.
Look to Jesus and the Apostles for what to follow. People become “Christians” in spite of the sins they’ve committed. Don’t look to people for perfection. “Contending for the faith,” usually has to be done in the Church first.
They (the Apostles) didn’t waver from the Way, the Truth, or the Life worth holding fast to. Their words were written and preserved for a reason.
Jesus mentioned Hinn types. And the Apostles, who were taught so many things that John says many books couldn’t hold all of it, wrote about many other kinds of people that would be within the Church, but needed to be avoided and not followed.
“Good Christians” turn people off too. The Apostle were not killed for being Hinn types (or Liberals).
The New Testament is not a hard read. Don’t believe the opinions to the contrary. There are too many good translations out there now. Those Christians that follow the Spirit and guidelines of the Gospel and New Testament witness, have been turning people on for quite some centuries. That won’t stop until Jesus wants it to.

posted February 18, 2008 at 12:33 am

Where are all the thousands who get healed at his crusades? Why are these so called miracles not authenticated. The crusades are so programmed and orchestrated. I wish Benny Hinn would stick to preaching the cross and leading people to Christ. Yes the money spent on his jet plane could have built thousands of churches, fed thousannds, clothed thousands, educated thousands but hey somebody has to suffer for the cause of Jesus Christ….!

Steve

posted February 18, 2008 at 4:54 am

Believe me, I am NOT a Benny Hinn apologist. Much of his ministry seems very dubious at best. However, I think we should be careful if we criticize other Christians to do so with grace and justice. Specifically: the block of text that David shows as a quote appears to be a quote not from Hinn’s own website but from another beliefnet.com blog. That’s where the “sent out a request” link took me anyway. If it is a direct quote (as theh post seems to imply), Benny’s folks seem to have (wisely for their part) taken that page down.
It frustrates me when I see ministries or teachers I admire and trust ripped to shreds on blogs with misrepresentations, misquotes, and stuff taken out of context. So I think it’s reasonable for me to try to avoid doing the same thing to Christian ministers I don’t trust, like Benny Hinn.
Jesus may in fact have “denounced the travesty of Benny Hinn” as you say – and maybe would even want us to do the same today – but what he actually commanded was for us to care for the poor and hungry; focus on positive action rather than negative (as you do in your subsequent post – thanks). I do agree that if one was compelled to take a vocal stand AGAINST something, the excesses of Benny Hinn are a better target then “OMIGOD that’s so 80′s”. Let’s just do so without misrepresenting the other side. Peace! Steve

Donny (Psalm 51, me too.)

posted February 18, 2008 at 7:31 am

Steve,
A decent place to learn about Benny Hinn, and those like him, is at equip.org.
Here’s a sample:
Topical Index – Word Of Faith Movement
Perspectives:
CP1100 – What’s Wrong with the “Word-Faith” Movement?
CP1101 – Does God Have Faith?
CP1102 – Can We Have Whatever We Say?
CP1103 – Touching God’s Anointed
CP1104 – Does God Always Heal?
CP1105 – Are We “Little Gods?”
Articles
JAW755-1 – What’s Wrong With The Faith Movement (Part 1): E. W. Kenyon and the Twelve Apostles of Another Gospel
JAW755-2 – What’s Wrong With The Faith Movement (Part 2): The Teachings of Kenneth Copeland
DF030 – The Misunderstanding Of Faith
DH018 – Healing: Does God Always Heal?
DH022 – Is There Healing In This Application?
DP060 – The Atonement of Christ and the “Faith” Message
DP061 – Freedom from the Faith Movement
DP065 – The Untouchables: Are ‘God’s Anointed’ Beyond Criticism?
DP076 – Faith In Faith Or Faith In God?
DP077 – Growing Dangers in the Positive Confession Faith Teachings
JAT260 – Answering Questions about Televangelists
Book Reviews:
DP069 – A Summary Critique: Welcome, Holy Spirit (Review of Welcome Holy Spirit by Benny Hinn)
DN010 – Three Summary Critiques (Reviews of It’s All in the Playing by Shirley MacLaine, The Reincarnation Sensation by Norman L. Geisler and J. Yutaka Amano and The Health and Wealth Gospel by Bruce Barron)
JAO170 – A Summary Critique: Promoting The Gospel Of Self-Esteem (Your Best Life Now: Seven Steps to Living at Your Full Potential by Joel Osteen)

Donny (Psalm 51, me too.)

posted February 18, 2008 at 7:37 am

David,
“And Senator Grassley – you might want to ask Mr. Hinn about this should he deign to appear before your committee.”
It’s shameful enough, what they are doing to Baseball.

Dick Musser

posted February 18, 2008 at 8:37 am

People for religious reasons have killed, maimed, tortured and displaced more people.
Did Christ teach this as a way to heaven?
Did Christ throw the money changers out of the temple?

BuelahMan

posted February 18, 2008 at 8:41 am

Conmen deserve jail time. Especially religious conmen.

DR

posted February 18, 2008 at 8:47 am

To those making excuses for Hinn: you are no different that those who made excuses for the pedophile priests. Hinn is a monster, nothing more, nothing less. The fact that some of you are willing to give him a pass on the basis that he is a “Christian” (whatever that means…) says quite a lot about your “faith”.
David: “spiritual terrorism” is PRECISELY the right term to use. Thank you, you make me believe that there are actually some believers out there who have actually read the Gospels…

PatientWitness

posted February 18, 2008 at 8:48 am

Hey, this post just made it to Amato’s crooksandliars blog thanks to Nicole Belle. That’s my second favorite site, after yours, of course.

Brad

posted February 18, 2008 at 8:50 am

David,
With all due respect, what did you think Benny Hinn was up to all along? Or the Copelands? These charlatans have been stealing from the sick, the poor and the old for years.
And again, what would tell you that the Dobsons or the Tony Perkins’ of this evangelical movement would do anything serious about actual problems? They have been silent on torture (if not openly endorsing it). Their response to poverty is largely to view it as a moral problem.
I am very glad you are pointing out the snake oil that Benny Hinn has been selling for years. But you aren’t really surprised by either his thievery or Dobson’s negligence, are you?

Pete

posted February 18, 2008 at 9:00 am

Yet another poor use of the word “terror”. You know, like thunderstorms headed our way bringing “tornados of terror”. That sort of thing.

Kelly S

posted February 18, 2008 at 9:01 am

This makes me SICK. That he would PREY on people who are desperate for change and healing….that HE makes them think HE can heal them….
Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
K

Dr. Wu

posted February 18, 2008 at 9:26 am

The only conceivable bright spot in this story would be if Hinn is having to go to Africa because the American sheep are beginning to get harder to fleece. But I doubt it.

garryowen

posted February 18, 2008 at 9:36 am

I’m an atheist but people like Hinn and his ilk sometimes make me hope that I’m wrong. When you think about it, though, aren’t they atheists as well? If they truly believed that there was a God wouldn’t they be somewhat anxious about having to account to him/her for their deeds?

Billy Bob

posted February 18, 2008 at 10:29 am

I too am an atheist, but this behavior exhibited by Hinn is dispicable! Talk about the lowest, of the low, this man has no shame, and it really becomes fair game to question his qualities as a “Christian,” did Jesus go around stealing money from the poor to peddle his own backdoor pyrimid scheme? Probably not, in fact, Jesus was probably chided by corrupt preachers because he didn’t participate in disgusting activities.
Also in response to a comment made above by Kelly S:
You said “change,” and I just have this terrible headache from the nutjob Obama supporter next door, so from now on, let’s refer to the old “change,” as “progress.” That way we can’t confuse Obama’s “change,” with real “progress.”
If they wanted “change,” we could bus a bunch of college Obama-ites over there to talk those poor folk up, “progress” probably wouldn’t be made, because after all–they’re all talk, and no chalk…erm…I am a Nader supporter.

JTM

posted February 18, 2008 at 10:31 am

Schilling = baseball player.
Shilling = monetary unit used in many countries.

linda

posted February 18, 2008 at 10:54 am

what a surprise — a gen-u-ine christian man fleecing his desperate and gullible flock. perhaps the next time larry king turns over his program to hinn, he could ask about this. (yeah, right)
apparently mr kuo is unaware of the very long history of hucksters and scammers working their self-enriching scams in the name of the lord; and who have become obscenely wealthy with their own private planes, mansions, fleets of cars, designer clothes, aspen getaways….
why, it’s enough to make the baby jesus cry.

Anonymous

posted February 18, 2008 at 11:19 am

Lord, please smite him. please. And not in the “afterlife”, how about this week?

MRW

posted February 18, 2008 at 11:38 am

Typical Christian, as far as I’m concerned. Those who dont operate this way or who might be reviled by it are rare, in my experience. I applaud your words, Mr. Kuo.
If it isn’t money these chislers want, it’s political power. Look at what John Hagee is doing, in cahoots with Israel and Israel-not-America-Firsters, urging war with Iran! Even now, after the Dec NIE. Hagee advocating that Americans die in a preemptive proxy war now to avoid a possible future threat to a foreign nation, something that hasn’t materialized and the possibility of which has been discounted by 16 of our intelligence agencies.
Mr. Kuo, why aren’t you outing Hagee as a spiritual terrorist as well? Does taking a few shillings from poor Ugandans pale in comparison to the millions of lives that would be lost in a nuclear war with Iran? Not to mention the 35 million who will suffer 50X the Nagasaki radiation in the fallout from Iran to Australia? (Russia completed the delivery of 82 tonnes of uranium for the power plants a month ago.)
It is so much easier to react to one human, isn’t it, and not humanity. But in the depth of destruction the official Christian Church and Evangelicals are advocating, they have become apostles of the most diabolical horror. Seventy million Evangelicals in the US follow these false Gods, these Armani-clad Christian leaders who claim alone to be the true interpreters of Bibles rewritten in the 20C to advance their political aims. You need only compare them to the original King James version of the Bible to see the hidden purpose.

Mark

posted February 18, 2008 at 11:44 am

The only miracle that this Cretan has ever performed was turning his followers money into mansions.

Larry Parker

posted February 18, 2008 at 11:51 am

Someone is going to have to invent a 10th circle of Dante’s Inferno for this guy.

Thom Paine Rides Again

posted February 18, 2008 at 1:05 pm

Hinn is the sewage running downhill. Sadly, there are many others swimming hard as they might to reach him, to join him.
It is past time to restrain the Church. Tax the crap out of them. Dig into their political and corporate connections. The stench that would emanate from that Pandora’s Box would overwhelm us.

Thinker

posted February 18, 2008 at 1:33 pm

Notice how we distract ourselves by making this guy a demon. It’s his fault. It isn’t. He’s someone who fills magic dreams – no reality – God is Santa in his world and Hinn is apparently chief elf in his weird world. Problem is – we all want a Santa God – someone to make it better and make us feel better. I believe Jesus talks about feeding the hungry, clothing the naked and I somehow think this clinic fits right in. It’s not about “Christmas wishes” it is about the Incarnation. We’re all to be part of the transformation of humanity that Jesus calls the Kingdom. We don’t talk about it. We don’t waste energy finding monsters. We can care for one another.

Yellowbird

posted February 18, 2008 at 2:23 pm

Benny Hinn convinced my elderly father of 82 never to visit his doctor. My father got gangerine in his feet and had to have his legs cut off because he had type 2 diabetes and wouldn’t go to the doctor.
When he finally went they found out he had cardiac problems and had suffered two strokes too.
This bastard killed my father, while extracting his hard earned money away from him.
I was too poor to travel to my own father’s funeral because this bastard took all the discretionary money out of our family.
May he go to hell and soon.

Yellowbird

posted February 18, 2008 at 2:24 pm

I thought George Bush was Santa God for these people…
oops?
Now it’s Huckabee or is it McCain?

Pastor Yves

posted February 18, 2008 at 2:51 pm

Hey I know the guy I spent 2 years in his churché
To find out about his “anointing” go to
“You Tube”, type Benny Hinn and look for the video
Benny Hinn and his anointing.
In Christ Love
Pastor Yves

CANADA NORTH

posted February 18, 2008 at 3:18 pm

I GUESS IT WOULD BE KIND OF HARD FOR YOU AND I TO STAY ON THE STRAIGHT AND NARROW IF PEOPLE GAVE US MILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND MADE US INTO AN IDOL. I BELIEVE BENNY HINN AND HIS CRONIES STARTED OUT WITH GOOD INTENTIONS, A DAB OF GREED, A SMATTERING OF LOVE OF THE LIMELIGHT AND 40 YEARS LATER YOU’VE GOT A MONSTER WHO BELIEVES EVERYTHING THAT COMES OUT OF HIS OWN MOUTH. THIS IS A VERY DISCIPLINED, FOCUSED BUSINESS MAN. THE ANNOINTING LEFT SAUL AND SAMPSON AND THEY DIDN’T EVEN KNOW IT UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE.

VJB

posted February 18, 2008 at 3:57 pm

reply to CANADA NORTH.
just a suggestion: it would be wise to turn off the caps lock on your keyboard. it makes your comment LOOK like one from a variously-challenged right wing loony-tune. your actual message says otherwise, but i did have a different first impression just from the visual effect. i don’t mean this in any way as a criticism of you, but only as a help in getting your comments perceived fairly.

will young

posted February 18, 2008 at 5:35 pm

So what’s new? Oral Roberts’ was doing it 50 years ago and his son took up where he left off.
As long as there are folks who believe in the supernatural there will be criminals charging money for miracles. It has always been this way and will continue to be so as long as there are good folks who think scam artists like Hinn and Roberts are, or ever have been, sincere.
It is all up to you, the faithful, since it is only you who are being taken advantage of. If as much emphasis was put into knowledge as it is into faith these actions could not stand.
peace

Jeremiah

posted February 18, 2008 at 8:40 pm

“My only thought is that if Mr. Hinn takes so much a single Ugandan schilling from the desperately poor and sick people longing, begging, for a miracle it will make him a spiritual predator, a spiritual terrorist.”
Now that’s what I call cleaning house. Well spoken, Mr. Kuo.

ds0490

posted February 18, 2008 at 9:08 pm

Donny: “The last thing America needs is our politicians sitting in judgment of a religious charlatan. That’s like asking a pimp to rid the neighborhood of crack dealers.”
Heaven forbid we expect “good Christian leaders” to speak out against the likes of Benny Hinn. They are too busy decrying homosexuality, abortion, and shilling for the war in Iraq.
When you pimp out Jesus to the GOP, Donny, this is what you get. We have to stop the gay agenda!!! We have to stop abortionists!!! We have to support President Bush!!!
But it’s perfectly OK to let Satan go healing and stealing in the name of Jesus over in Uganda. After all, they are poor, black, and need to come to Jesus.

ds0490

posted February 18, 2008 at 9:29 pm

Donny, did Hank ever resolve those allegations of mismanagement of funds and plagiarism that were made by some 30 former staff members of CRI? Or that lawsuit he has against Bill Alnor?

canucklehead

posted February 18, 2008 at 10:37 pm

David – I forwarded this post to CBC’s The Fifth Estate which did a very critical story on Hinn last week (Benny’s a Lebanese-born Canadian, as I’m sure you’re aware – not that we’re proud of it; mind you, Canadians like Kiefer Sutherland, Jim Carrey, Martin Short, Dan Ackroyd, Mike Myers have also done pretty well in show business/comedy, come to think of it.)

canucklehead

posted February 18, 2008 at 10:39 pm

Posted by: ds0490 | February 18, 2008 9:29 PM
DS – I’ve learned with Donny that sin isn’t really sin among the religious right unless it qualifies as nightly news (a la Swaggert, Bakker) among the very liberal, demonic media he eschews.

canucklehead

posted February 18, 2008 at 10:43 pm

For the latest on our boy Benny, check out http://www.cbc.ca/fifth and click on the huge Amazing Grace picture link.

EZ

posted February 19, 2008 at 12:06 pm

It is a sad day for the evangelical ministries. The present day American evangelists are rogues; lording the burden on the weak while they live in mansions, their wives spending recklessly, and going tax-free. The present day churches beg constantly for money rather than having faith. There is no difference between their churches and a night club.
Benny Hinn is not a Lebanese. His father is a Palestinian who was living in Haifa. His mother is an Armenian from Lebanon. Benny Hinn consults the medium and his healer, Kathryn Khulman – the spiritist.
Beware, it is written, that false prophets will preach in the last days.

Orthodox

posted February 19, 2008 at 12:32 pm

What was the purpose of the reformation? I have never read anything more self centered in my life. Save Us, O Lord.

Richard Land

posted February 19, 2008 at 4:37 pm

I, for one, have not been bashful in my criticism of Benny Hinn and other proponents of the “prosperity gospel.” Most recently, in the Jan. 6 edition of the Atlanta Journal Constitution (ajc.com), I am quoted by Christopher Quinn as saying “I find the prosperity gospel to be repugnant, and I believe it teaches another gospel that is not found in the New Testament.”
I find myself in adamant disagreement with almost everything Benny Hinn says except “and” and “the.” I believe that the prosperity gospel does great damage to the Gospel of our Savior and often exploits the most helpless and marginalized, both in this country and overseas. Please consider this response as yet another attempt to distance the true Gospel from the other gospel propounded by the prosperity “hucksters.”

canucklehead

posted February 19, 2008 at 5:41 pm

“Benny Hinn is not a Lebanese…” EZ
Thx for the clarification, EZ; my bad.

Charles Cosimano

posted February 20, 2008 at 1:05 am

“And the Bunny, who is called Bugs, said unto Marvin, ‘What’s up Doc?’ and Marvin turned unto Bugs and said, ‘Behold the Earthling Benny Hinn, who is a scoundrel and the vileness of all vileness and he maketh me very angry indeed. I shall disintegrate him with my Illudium PU36 Space Modulator.’
And Bugs replied, ‘Blessed be the name of Marvin!’ and went away rejoicing.” Bugs 11:23

Barblee

posted February 20, 2008 at 8:52 am

I do believe that many of the evangelicals are living way outside the limits of what we need to be comfortable in this life. I do have problems with a lot of what I am hearing and seeing in the media. It is fine to live a comfortable lifestyle but in many cases it has reached the proportions of an outrageous indulgent lifestyle. Bear in mind, that the bible warns us of false prophets..I can not judge, but God will judge them and all of us at the appropriate time. In the meantime, we must be wise and have a discerning eye when it comes to giving our money away to any of these ministers. I do not understand why many of these ministers have to build small cities, buildings, recreational areas, parks, in their name….is it ego ? I would like to see those monies spent on the hungry and the poor. I do believe that they should be investigated and watched about their spending, and I also think it does not bode well for any minister to ask for your money in return for prayers and petitions. In the meantime, we as Christians must be wise and vigilent in our response to them.

Barblee

posted February 20, 2008 at 8:57 am

Why do they have to have their own private jets ? Why can’t they use other modes of transportion. As for Benny, I have always been uplifted by him and his ministry, but this is troubling. Yes, I do have a problem with the spending of these ministries. In the final analysis, God can bring them down..He gave it all to them and He can take it all away.

Beatrice Andrews

posted February 20, 2008 at 10:54 am

The greatest preacher of all(Jesus), walked around in sandles, ate what was available, slept where his followers slept, never owned a roof over his head, yet these profiteers demand all kind of speaking fees and salaries. They are not worthy. What make them believe that they deserve so much, yet the son of God had so little.
I pray everyday, that these cheap representatives of God’s word, be found out, stripped of everything they own and the final authority deal with them with a swift sword.

Patricia Fox

posted February 20, 2008 at 11:19 am

Bravo for an accurate and poignant article. What is sad is that people are actually defending a spiritual shark like Hinn. The only way Hinn images Jesus is in his own arrogant and predatory mind.
Jesus actually said to sell all you have and give to the poor. The closest verse in the Bible that I can relate to Hinn’s so-called ministry is “Jesus wept.”

canucklehead

posted February 20, 2008 at 11:09 pm

sorta gives a new meaning to “Benny and the Jets” doesn’t it?

Anonymous

posted February 22, 2008 at 6:35 pm

hinn is a criminal

Susan Davis

posted February 23, 2008 at 9:54 pm

I’m so curious — does anyone have any factual information to see if God used Benny to heal any of the people at the cancer clinic or any where in Uganda? I think that is the first important question.

Richard Rivera

posted February 24, 2008 at 4:52 am

If Benny Hinn is truly a man of God, he would be flying to Uganda with a plane (rented) load of money for the needy Ugandans. But no, in his upside down world, he gets to go around the world ASKING for money. All who think this man heals the people who end up on his show are one step away from drinking a Jim Jones cocktail.

Arnelious Kessee

posted March 5, 2008 at 9:48 pm

hey i just trust in the Lord,and try not to judge any body,but i do love pastor benny

Elizabeth

posted March 8, 2008 at 7:43 pm

Big shame, shame on Benny Hinn!! He no more follow’s the Gospels than a Jackass does! Stealing money from desperate and poverty-stricken Ugandans, he’s already been proven to be a shyster, somebody please throw a net around him!!

Billy

posted March 14, 2008 at 5:51 pm

Benny Hinn is a piece of crap. If you believe him , you are a fool. He is a con man of the highest degree. He is a charlatan and a crook. He will say “Lord did I not prophecy in your name” and Jesus will say ” I never knew you”. He deserves the death penalty just like any murderer and if you believe him you are just a flat out idiot or maybe greedy looking for your sevenfold blessing or whatever those pieces of crap on TBN are offering.

Anonymous

posted April 8, 2008 at 3:29 pm

Benny Hinn…the man with the $1800.00 shirts…18k gold embroidery…look it up….
How many bibles could be printed, how much food and medicine could be purchased for the price of ONE shirt?
For you fools out there who are desperate enough to believe his crap, I ask you this….
What Would Jesus Do?
I personally do NOT think that Jesus would be sporting $1800.00 shirts if there were ANYONE hungry, homeless or ill….
For those of you who feel the need to follow such a con-artist,
PLEASE just give money to the Salvation Army or a food bank…
NO they will not guarantee you a place in Heaven for your twenty bucks…you have to earn that on your own…
They will FEED somebody with it…just as Jesus himself would have done.

chris

posted April 13, 2008 at 2:50 pm

Jesus my savior came into jerusalem on a mule as a king with no money or other possesions. he said something about that you can recognise a good tree by its fruits. To ignore the fact that benny hinn is a charlatan you have to be naiv and desperate poor soul that he can take advantage of. Now, desperate people must have something to hang on to and that is what makes them blind. I say hereby that i believe in jesus that he was send by god jehovah to die for our sins because he loves mankind even myself how sinful i am. So i am not perfect but at least i don’t sell bullshit in the name of god to other people. that’s the worst part that benny hinn destroys peoples lives and because he does it in gods name that makes it even more sadistic than the holocaust.
P.S why does greedy rich men have bad haircuts?
benny golddigger shut up and stop decieving people and yourself (i think it is too late, for you have drown in your own wealth and greed) have a nice day :)

BETSY

posted April 14, 2008 at 10:45 am

I also was skeptical of Benny Hinn until I had the pleasure of being at one of his ministries. I have never heard a man explain the word of God the way he did. He is an awesome preacher and teacher. Yes, he may be buying a plane but if he did not have one he could not have held the ministry in Tenn. as the airplanes were being grounded for defect. Thank God he was able to fly in on his own plane. As far as money I have never been anywhere where they didn’t take up an offering. He told us it cost 1/2 million dollars to be on TBN so I guess the man needs the money to operate…He is ceo of his company and gets a salary just like every other CEO…As far as the poor giving money that is their blessing and believe me God will enrich their lives. If you ever go to a Benny Hinnn conference you will change your mind. I did …love yah pastor Benny

Jsb

posted April 22, 2008 at 10:44 pm

I agree with Betsy. I was so skeptical when I was asked to go to a Benny Hinn crusade. Let me say this… It was wonderful. The presence of the Lord was all over that place. That man never touched one person or shoved one person down. I was a Nazarene who didn’t believe in speaking in tongues and all that and when that man said Let the fire fall and I was way in the back of the collisium and realized I was on the ground. Don’t tell me that wasn’t the power of the Holy Spirit moving through that place. We the people are who brought the Holy Spirit there, they are hungry and seeking, they are expecting and it’s when you open your heart and believe it’s then you will recieve. I would never be the one to say Benny is fake or judge any man. We will be a countable for judging. This man gives God ALL the glory in all things. If you doubt go to a crusade like I did. You will change your mind and it will touch your life. It did mine. People were being healed as we stood in line. In Matthew 21:22 says anything you ask and believe you shall recieve. I believe this is what was happening. May God bless Benny Hinn.

Sandra

posted April 25, 2008 at 10:11 pm

Benny Hinn needs to repent, for using the gospel as a means of gain for himself…Everything Benny Hinn does is total anti-scriptural, we are not a people seeking signs and wonders, we are to be people seeking God alone, the greatest miracle on earth right now is Christ saving His people and the work of regeneration. If anyone understands the depravation of man and how evil sin is, we would be in awe of God for saving us, If God never does another thing for us, the mere fact that He saved us(if we are truly saved) is enough to humble ourselves in the prescence of this Great and Awesome God. Why are we still looking for more miracles to convince us of God. Benny Hinn doesn’t need to run in this world with such luxuries, Did Christ himself show that kind of example….? There had to be some form of luxuries in His time…no He never used those means…why is Benny better..? We better read our bibles and make sure that what we are seeing and hearing some of these preachers say and teach…Does the Bible confirm this and is there a example of Christ or any of the great men of God doing the same? Let us not be so easily decieved, we have the word of God that is a lamp unto our feet!

Rad

posted May 4, 2008 at 10:06 am

This is the fact my friends, Jesus said, if he preach and heal in my Name let him. See Luke 10:1-20).
whatever this passage means, we can be certain it doesn’t mean that gospel preachers are to refrain from exposing false teachers and false religions. The text affords no ground for that whatever. Gospel preachers are to charge false teachers ”that they teach no other doctrine,” (1 Tim. 1:3). Their duty is to “rebuke” and “exhort,” (2 Tim. 4:2). Every gospel preacher and every Christian must imitate the attitude of Paul who has ”set for the defense of the gospel,” (Phil. 1:17). In regard to those religions, individuals or theological systems not divinely authorized, Jesus said: “Every plant, which my heavenly Father bath not planted, shall be rooted up,” (Matt. 15:7-14). Hence, Jesus never endorsed the rationale of silence or tolerance of anything morally or religiously wrong. Please look at self before another I ask this in Christs name, May His peace and love always Abide in you.
Philippians 1,18(14-18)The former (preaching Christ from envy and rivalry) proclaim Christ
-from selfish ambition,
-not sincerely,
-because they think they can cause trouble for me (Paul) in my imprisonment.
Mk 9,38-41′Whosoever confesses that “Jesus is the Son of God” has God living in him”‘ (1 John 4:15).
We have an obligation, before God, to “expound unto them the way of God more accurately.” The concern is not to prove “us” to be right and all others to be wrong, but for the safety of priceless souls. It is not done for boasting and seeking dominion over others. It is a matter of keeping our trust as good stewards and caring enough for the alien sinner to help him understand what he needs to do to have the everlasting benediction of God. It springs from a sincere desire to have all men to obey him who is the “author of eternal salvation to all them that obey him.”
A love for truth and lost souls compels us to warn that when Jesus comes in judgment he will take vengeance on “them that obey not the gospel” (2 Thess. 1:7­8).
We must keep in mind that there is one faith (Eph. 4:5). Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6). Paul told Timothy to “charge some that they teach no other doctrine” (1 Tim. 1:3). Paul warned:
If any man teacheth a different doctrine, and consenteth not to sound words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; he is puffed up, knowing nothing, but doting about questionings and disputes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, wranglings of men corrupted in mind and bereft of the truth, supposing that godliness is a way of gain (1 Tim. 6:3­5)
2-sin against Holy Spirit
Mat 12,31-32(22-32)
Mk 3,22-30(why -30!)Jesus was baptized because He had to fulfill the Old Testament requirements for entering into the priesthood. He was a priest after the order of Melchizedek (Psalm 110:4; Heb. 5:8-10; 6:20). Priests offered sacrifice to God on behalf of the people. Jesus became a sacrifice for our sin (1 Pet. 2:21; 2 Cor. 5:21) in His role as priest. According to the Old Testament, in order for a priest to be consecrated as a priest, He had to be washed with water (Lev. 8:6; Exodus 29:4, Matt. 3:15) and anointed with oil (Lev. 8:12; Exodus 29:7; Matt. 3:16). Both of these were bestowed upon Jesus at His baptism. Additionally, He may have needed to be 30 years old – (Num. 4:3).
The oil is representative of the Holy Spirit who descended upon Jesus at His baptism (Matt. 3:16). It was after His baptism that He began His ministry and started performing miracles. He did His miracles by the power of the Holy Spirit who had come upon Him at His baptism. The Pharisees – who knew that Jesus’ miracles validated His words and ministry (see John 11:45-48) – were attempting to discredit Jesus’ Messiahship by saying that His works were by the devil and not by the Holy Spirit. Therefore, when the Pharisees accused Jesus of casting out demons by the power of Satan, they were blaspheming the Holy Spirit by whom Jesus performed His miracles. This is unforgivable because it struck at the very heart of the redemptive work of God in Christ. It struck at the very nature of Jesus’ ministry of redemption, testimony, and teaching. Jesus was ministering in the power of the Holy Spirit Himself, fulfilling the divine plan of God to provide a sacrifice for our sins (John 3:16; 1 John 4:10). The Pharisees were attributing this to demonic activity. This is a great blasphemy. Wwho has been born again (John 3:7), made a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17), and received eternal life (John 10:27-28) actually commit the unforgivable sin? He cannot. Jesus Himself said that we have eternal life, not conditional life: “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand.” Besides, it says in 2 Cor. 5:17 that the Christian is a new creation in Christ. We are different, no longer slaves to the old nature (Rom. 6:14). We are regenerated by the Holy Spirit.
There is no biblical support for a believer committing this sin. It just hasn’t happened. Also, if you are worried that you may have committed the sin and can’t be forgiven, then don’t be concerned. If you are worrying about it, then you haven’t committed it. If you are worried about it, then that is a sign that you have not committed it. If you had, you wouldn’t be concerned.
3- Judging
Mt-7,1-2
Rom 2,1-2
I Co 4,1-5
Simply, You are to abstain from judging a “fellow Christians” in matters that are non-essential. You are not to avoid fellowship with him, or ignore him. Instead you are to accept, to love, and to be in harmony with him. Will you do that? Will you decide to love your brother even though he doesn’t believe the same as you? Will you ask the Lord to forgive you of your judgmental attitudes? Seek the Lord and His abounding love so that you might show it to your brother. Amen.
God is a stickler for the details of his law. A quick reminder of Nadab, Abihu, Uzzah, Ananias, Sapphira, Peter at Galatia, and the man who picked up sticks on the Sabbath is enough to prove that God will allow no tampering with his statutes, no matter how slight the thing may seem to us.
God’s Word is immutable simply because it is God’s Word. No one of sound mind would be content to go to the final judgment having ignored a jot or tittle of the commandments of the Lord. The only safe course is to do precisely and exactly what God tells us to do in exactly and precisely the way God tells us to do it. Anything else is folly.

Sam

posted May 13, 2008 at 12:27 am

It is mind blowing to me that anyone who considers themselves a Christian and actually can read the Bible cover to cover and can know just a smidge of what were called “indulgences” in reformation church history could even give Benny Hinn the time of day. See the ironic thing about the Bible is that the godless and false teachers perform miracles too! That is why we have to test the spirits of the age and also why Jesus said he does not perform “signs and miracles” on demand.
How so many people in “educated” America could be do dense is beyond me.

Achom Hellen

posted May 29, 2008 at 4:36 am

I greet you in jesus name and thank you for the work of the Lord iAM ALADY FROM THE nORTH eASTERN PART OIF THE COUNTY uGANDA CALLED KATAKWI WERE THE LRS, KARAMOJONG WORRIORS HAVE KEPT RAIDING AND KILLING AND i AM ASINGLE LADY NOW i HAVE FOUR CHILDREN AND IAM LIIKING FOR ASPONSER FOR THEIR EDUCATION BECAUSE IAM SICK MY SPINE IS VERY PAINFUL I CANT CARRY ABASIN OF WATE AND I USE ASMALL JERICAN OF FIVE LITRE TO BOTH NOW AGAIN MY THROAT IS SWOLLEN AND THE DOCTORS SAY ITIS GOITRE YET I DONT GET ANY TREATMENT AT ALL .i CANT SLEEP AT NIGHT ICANT SIT STRIAGHT iAM IN GREAT PAIN AND NEED YOUR PRAYERS BECAUS I HAVE CHILDREN AND THEY WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL, EAT TREATMENT ECT IAM REALLY HAD UP. THANKS FR YOUR TIME FOR ME HELLEN ACHOM UGANDA KATAKWI NORTH EAST

Rob

posted June 9, 2008 at 3:33 pm

About this time last year I ventured to Seattle to attend a seminar by Richard Bartlett, another “faith” healer. I’m an author, and I was (and am) considering doing a book on faith healers. This guy has a couple of advanced degrees, legitimate ones, in health sciences and is a lapsed Catholic.
At the beginning of the seminar, he played deafening rock music (from a CD), which he accompanied on air guitar. Then he announced that a dolphin from outerspace with a microwave antenna extending from its blowhole (I’m not making any of this up) had told him to call a man up from the audience. The man comes forward, he announces, “Oh, whatever, you’re healed,” and the man keels over in a faint. A few minutes later he starts laughing hysterically. He’s taken over to a corner of the auditorium from where you can here him continue to laugh hysterically the whole evening.
The rest of the conference was no more reverent. His pug (I think I’m getting the breed right), Xena Warrior Princess, was introduced as having psychic powers. She ran around to a seminar participant, rolled on her back to have her belly scratched–and the participant later reported he no longer needed insulin for diabetes.
I’m pretty sure this guy no longer needed insulin for diabetes, in fact, I’m certain of it. Similarly, people who continued going to the meeting for the full 5 days discarded braces and oxygen concentrators and several quite literally picked up their wheelchairs and walked.
And at the end of the conference, the speaker thanked the giant space alien who taught him the method on the pass on I-90 during a snowstorm.
I got to interview the man for my book. He did something that made me keel over but not pass out. I am convinced something far beyond the ordinary went on.
Publishers and I have had lively conversations about marketability of the topic. We decided we’d just let the man do his own thing; he’s doing fine.
But the fact is, there are people out there performing miracles in nobody’s name in particular, and for those who simply have to believe in some higher power, a truly ridiculous higher power (the dolphin wearing the microwave dish hat, the space alien on the road to Walla Walla) is given them. I don’t have all the answers. I just left with more questions, and insulin-independent. And I’ve received not a single request for donations for any Gulfstream jets.

Debi

posted July 3, 2008 at 7:27 pm

A False prophet is a false prophet….discernment…discernment
Some call him a Christian?? hmmmm I thought a Christian would respect others and not rob them and lie to them. What would Jesus do?

Gwen

posted July 5, 2008 at 3:54 am

If you have been deceived by a healer, please share your story here.

briguy

posted July 20, 2008 at 5:48 am

Two items come to mind regarding this attack on Hinn 1)The women Jesus praised as she gave her last penny to the church and 2) The words of Jesus that it is more blessed to give than receive. The real focus of the columnists attack is Jesus and his words therfore.

Michelle

posted July 29, 2008 at 10:29 pm

I would think if Benny Hinn really wanted to heal and help,etc, he wouldnt be asking for help from helpless people. What a fraud. I listen to Bott Radio network and he is labeled a false prophet. All of his calling people to him instead of the Lord, his so called ‘vibrating’, screaming “getout!getout!getout!” supposedly casting out demons, etc. Hes just scary. And very wrong wrong wrong.I am disgusted to learn of this demand for a jet. These people cant even afford food, medical care….And then to read the above comment from the Ugandan woman Achom Hellen…Heartbroken….

Colene Stevens

posted August 18, 2008 at 10:03 pm

Jesus never praised the women for giving the last of her money if you will re-read the scripture Luke21:2. He just noticed she had given it. I wonder if she was giving to false teachers because they told her to give all she has so she could receive an extra large blessing?!?

Ken Qualls

posted August 23, 2008 at 9:52 pm

I grew up listening to A. A. Allen, Oral Roberts and many others of that ilk. There is nothing new. Just updated and modernized
My parents took me to a Kathrine Kuhlman show in Chicago. Some people next to us were praising God and said they had been healed. When they tried to go up front to testify guards blocked their way and eventually took them out of the auditorium.
Benny Hinn et.al. are to the church what wrestling is to sports. Wrestling is now billed as “sports entertainment”. It’s a show, albeit a show that requires a great deal of skill, accumen and athletic ability. It shouldn’t be taken seriously. It’s a show!
Benny and company are “Church entertainment” or “religious entertainment”. They shouldn’t be taken seriously, they are shomen,entertainers.
Unfortunately, like with pro wrestling some folks just don’t get it. They take these guys seriously and believe that everything is real inspite of the glaring absense of any varifiable healings and abundant proofs of their decietfulless.
The Bible warns against these charletons and against ignorance that leads Christians to fall for their lies.
Too many people would rather have one great big emotional experience than a dozen facts.
Finally, have you ever seen a stage hynotist performance? If you’ve ever seen Benny Hinn work you have. It’s the same show only one uses religious trapping, the other doesn’t.

calvin

posted September 20, 2008 at 9:50 am

I used to follow all the teachings and get exited about tbm preachers like benny hinn.I would never check out their claims or test them as the bible declares after all they where prophets of god and i dare not touch gods annointed.Yet praise my father in heaven i researched and discovered the truth about them and was delivered out of a tickle my ear gospel.Its amazing how we think we can buy miracles from god and give to these magicians while our children and our own families suffer.I believe that all these men are coveters they have the american materialism covetous spirit living in luxurey while people are suffering.God says that we are reedeemed by the blood of jesus not with silver or gold yet these men twist our fathers word subtily and say you cant buy a miracle from god but you are obeying his prophets gosh it breaks my heart cause i defended these men at one time now i expose the lies as best i can praying that god open the eyes of the decived wake up church forget about wealth and riches and preach the man jesus who came in the flesh and died on the cross for sin preach repentence sound dotrine which cant be refuted remember church its the one thing we all agree on is christ crucified leave these false teachers and follow after him alone these are the last days and more false preachers and teachers will appear and decieve many.Thats a reson why jesus said broad is the way that leads to destruction any many will follow that but narrow is the way that leads to life and few there be that find it wow just because aman has a million followers of his ministry does not qualify him as a man of god .

Kuhnel

posted September 28, 2008 at 1:57 am

I guess Benny Hinn prefers baldness. Apparently, he hasn’t prayed for healing for hair loss.

Kuhnel

posted October 1, 2008 at 4:44 pm

Calvin,
It’s very sad how many people are fooled into their preaching of healing and giving to their ministry. Many of their followers become confused about the real message of the gospel… confused and disollutioned. They don’t have enough faith and that’s why God didn’t heal them.
If you listen to Mr Hinn’s preaching..it is shallow, out of context (this is putting it lightly) and is totally a misrepresentation of Christianity at its core. Very sad.

Rwihura Asaph

posted October 2, 2008 at 9:15 am

Dear’Pastors, Evangelists,Prophets, Teachers of the word of GOD! And beloved intercourses in the house of the LORD! Its hi time to revel to us
what is in the hearts of all creation in this planet earth so he can
late every body to do his/her work instead of joking late us pray for the church of Christ Ezekiel 9=4-9 angels was moving to cover all the would
to put the sign on those who were crying and interceding for the
church but you can imagine other p’le joking with the word of GOD
even in ministers so brethren late us pray so that father can change
the hearts. Stay blessed.

Scott

posted November 27, 2008 at 1:55 am

I am glad i am not a shepard. There is a special place in hell for those who lead others astray for personel gain.

Your Name

posted February 27, 2009 at 6:08 am

Am so much confused with this people who give out their comments about pastor benny, what criterion are they taking to conclude confidently about this man whether is a man of God or not? surely am saying many will go to hell because of commenting wrongly on the anointed preachers of God ! let me ask u, Jesus had declared about being the light of the world that means, whatever will be on darkrness will be from Devil! Now is it possible to pray using the name of jesus at the same time using power of satan u are hiding it for miracles manifestation ? ? Why has it been a custom of rellying on one verse in the bible about false preachers that will happen in the last days ? I think there is agreat need of people to understand the verse because, it gives precautions on prechers who will declare themselves as JESUS. benny is 100% a servant of jesus.

Steven

posted May 22, 2009 at 4:50 am

The following links below will take you to a collection of YouTube videos which are parts of a 1999 HBO documentary on faith-healing. An independent camera crew was for the first time allowed to film a Benny Hinn crusade in the US, and a Reinhard Bonke revival in Nigeria. Some of the people who claimed to have been healed were followed up to see how much better they were doing after their ‘healing’. One particular case, of an Indian boy with a brain tumour, is particularly sad.
None of the people claimed to be healed at his crusades actually get healed. Its all imaginary, and people need to wake up to the fact that supernatural healings do not occur, regardless of which evangelist it is.
A Question of Miracles – Faith Healing 1/6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEvHflzKStU
A Question of Miracles – Faith Healing 2/6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LJwkkV3EWQ
A Question of Miracles – Faith Healing 3/6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzcnRVIIpCk
A Question of Miracles – Faith Healing 4/6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRZ0y2rntE
A Question of Miracles – Faith Healing 5/6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYRipSouQo8
A Question of Miracles – Faith Healing 6/6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLbIVtvqJck

Pingback: Links 14 | Cindy's Zone 2