Jesus Needs New PR

Jesus Needs New PR

11 days until ‘Judgment Day’ (and I’m not laughing)

I’ve only mentioned this “End of the World” story once or twice on my blog.

But now that End of the World is less than two weeks away, I thought it was time to mention it again.

Why mention it now?

You might assume that I’m mentioning it so we can all have a good hardy laugh and poke fun at the Christian crazies who believe that Judgment Day is coming on May 21…

But that’s actually not true. Not this time.

While I do believe that those who are putting a date on Judgment Day are incorrect, I don’t believe they are crazy, at least, not crazy like Mel Gibson was crazy in the movie Conspiracy Theory and not crazy like Mel Gibson was crazy in 2007 and then again in 2010. For me to believe that those who suggest May 21 is THE END are crazy is to also believe that members of my childhood church (including me!) were crazy in 1987 when we believed beyond any doubt that Jesus was coming back in 1988.

And we weren’t crazy. We were misguided, misinformed, naive, and certainly a bit sheltered. But we weren’t crazy. We had our reasons for believing that Jesus was coming back in 1988. Our reasons were biblical. We were convinced that the doctrine that supported such claims was sound and good and 100% true.

And while I don’t know any “Judgment Day” supporters personally, my guess is that they, too, believe that their reasons for believing THE END is coming are biblical and sound and good and 100% true.

Chances are, May 21 will come and go like any other day. And when we wake up on May 22, the leaders of this “Judgment Day” movement will have a perfectly “biblical” explanation why all of us aren’t standing before God preparing to be judged. In fact, I’ve already read a couple blog posts suggesting that May 21st isn’t actually “Judgment Day,” but the beginning of the end…

And I know that so many people are going to poke fun at those who believe in “Judgment Day”. And rightly so. But I won’t be one of them. I’m not saying that I won’t Tweet a punch line or two. But my jokes won’t be personal attacks on the May 21st believers.

Why?

Because there’s nothing funny about being misled, misguided, naive, and sheltered.

Because there’s nothing funny about kids believing and anticipating THE END. And while I know that the kids who believe in May 21st have what they consider to be “great faith in Jesus,”–trust me, they are scared. They’re nervous. Some of them aren’t sleeping. They’re asking lots of questions. They’re hoping that it isn’t true. But they believe it is.

And on May 22, while those of us who think that the MAY 21 CHRISTIANS are crazy will probably be laughing or poking fun or explaining what WE believe to be biblical reasons why they shouldn’t have put a date on God’s Judgment, the MAY 21st KIDS will be facing their “day of reckoning,” waking up to realize that their parents, pastors, and theologies were wrong. Many of those kids will lose something that day. The questions that many of them will ask will get answered with lies and excuses and bad biblical reasoning. Some of them will be angry with God for not bringing about Judgment Day. Some of them will lose their faith and yet be unable to escape it. And some of them will go on like nothing happened and probably end up setting and believing in another “date”.

And there’s nothing funny about that…

annettte huneault

posted May 9, 2011 at 8:59 pm

The bible make it clear that no one knows th hour or day when he will come. but it does say that we are to watch and be ready. date setting is wrong .

Erik Ehst

posted May 9, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Thank G-d that today’s false teachers are older, boring and more laughable; it would be great for the salvation of the cosmos if Camping and his family radio group would all be raptured so that the real authentic Messianic transformers could get about the Masters business by loving and obeying Jesus/Isa/Y’shua being free of religious spirited ppl who get in the way of Holy Spirit and freedom; truth is marching on from the kingdom of heaven on earth; Jews n Muslims are crying out to Y’shua/Isa; be glad; repent and rejoice!

Jan

posted May 9, 2011 at 10:00 pm

I am not laughing, I am sighing. This date setting happens so often, I don’t get it. And you are right, there is nothing funny knowing people are going to be very disillusioned, but that is what life is.

Heather

posted May 11, 2011 at 7:42 am

This date on the Hebrew calendar marks the 7,000 year anniversary since God flooded the earth and spared Noah’s family.

Chester Diaz

posted May 11, 2011 at 8:00 am

There’s no precise or exact date about the return of our Lord Jesus here on earth. It’s the Father in heaven knows and read Matthew 24 about the signs of Christ’s return.

Janice

posted May 11, 2011 at 9:28 am

While I don’t believe anyone but God knows when his son Jesus will return to rapture the church. I’am not laughing nor will I.

I do think that we (christians) should be more concerned with winning as many souls as possible for the Kingdom, then trying to put a date and time when Jesus will appear.

Daniel

posted May 11, 2011 at 9:32 am

I’ve been around people who have believed that the Second Coming or the Last Judgement was to happen on such – & – such a date, & when nothing happened, they had a crisis of conscious or lost their faith altogether, ESPECIALLY if they were young.

I’ve got to wonder how some of these religious leaders / ” authority figures ” arrive at these dates anyway.
Heather = ” the 7,000 year since God flooded the Earth ” ? W / all due respect, Google – search the ” Geological Record “, please.

Daniel

posted May 11, 2011 at 12:11 pm

& from what I read, they’re one of these Christian groups / possibly cults ( ? ) that believe they’re the only true Christians, the rest of us are living a lie, so they’re the only ones that are fit for God’s Kingdom. I have a step – cousin somewhere in GA who belongs to a church pretty much like that. The church / cult that he married into believes that the rest of the world is beyond salvation.

dramarion

posted May 11, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Annette, I agree with you. No one, not even the Lord Jesus Christ himself knows that date!!! It isn’t right to mislead all those people. This will deeply affect their faith and will be a huge stumbling block in their spiritual growth and development.

penny

posted May 11, 2011 at 12:45 pm

I belive in the bible but I don’t know how a date can be set on the end. I am not afraid. I live every day to the fullest and make the best of everything I can. Whatever happens ,happens.

Judith M

posted May 11, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Thank you for that commentary. I of course believe the Bible when Jesus said no man knows the time or the day when that great day will occur. In hearing about Christians putting a date on it made me shake my head and as May quickly approached I began to realize the impact this error is going to have on those who believe May 21st is that day. Thank you that you have held me accountable for what my reactions should be when I wake up on May 22nd. How I should be on my knees praying for those who have been misled, those who will be upset and even those who will point the finger. What we all must realize is we must daily read our bibles, study and pray for God to speak to our hearts and may our hearts be ready when that Great Day Comes.

B.L. Schaaf

posted May 11, 2011 at 1:47 pm

It’s not the end; Although many many things that haven’t happened; need to happen yet; but it’s the beginning of the “lord Jesus Christ governing”; Not the end but the beginning!!! Everything has “a beginning; middle & end” accept “Eternity with Jesus Christ”; It only has a beginning—the important thing is to be ready.

Lira

posted May 11, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Dear All,

As we all know, the ways of the Lord work mysteriously. None of us is righteous enough to know the date, or the hour of God’s rapture of His church. However, if we are genuine Christians, we definetely are aware more than ever begore, that we are living during the last days before judgment. Indeed, this world is definetely in turmoil. People have made their lives the sanctuary of the many idols of today’s society. We live by what is on tv each day. We acquire the “new and hotter” cells phones, cars, latest fashions to name a few. But, we have forgotten our God. To make things worse, we boast that God and State do not go hand in hand. Sadly, we have chosen to ignore the same God who created us and who put us into this world. If May 21st. is not the beginning of the end, then, wouldnt it be more important to continue saving and sharing the gospel with as many people as we can? We owe this to God. The Holy Spirit is working in many people outthere and right now.
The young parishioners of this church will be just fine, because even if May 21st comes and goes, the need to be alert will still remain. This is what the Holy Spirit wants in all of us-to be vigilant and ready for the day Jesus comes back for his bride.

Rebecka

posted May 11, 2011 at 3:02 pm

According to the Bible no one will know the date or hour when Jesus returns. The point is that we should live our lives as if every day were our last. If we did, Christians would be more Christ-like and live our faith, setting better examples for the rest of the world.

The Bible also predicts that there will be many false prophets in the world, so we should read God’s Word prayerfully and in all humility, and not put too much faith in those who think they have some kind of monopoly on truth or biblical interpretation.

Joyce

posted May 11, 2011 at 3:56 pm

What rapture? True the Bible says that no man knows the date or the hour but please read all of it. . He also says that we are to be watchman and not let us sleep, but let us watch and be sober. Read Thessalonians chapter 5, especially verse 4. He is calling us brethren. This was written to us.If we are gone when this happens, then who is he writing this to? Please think for yourselves and don’t take sound bits from certain preachers and believe all they say. All I ask is read for yourselves.

Tamberland

posted May 11, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Why worry about tomorrow, today has not been completed yet. I’m living for Jesus TODAY & when I lay down my head to sleep tonight, I’ll say my prayers & ask for forgiveness of my sins & go to sleep. If tomorrow is the end (or May 21st), I’m ready.

Amarie R.

posted May 11, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Plz ppl, God speaks to us n His Word, The Bible. There is only one Truth. and the Bible has it. This isn’t a burger king religion, (the have it ur way!) this is the real thing. 1 John 4:1 says to try the spirits by the Spirits to c if they r of God. Acts 20:7 tells us upon the 1st day of the week to come together for the communion, and every week has a 1st day. The same as 1 Cor 16:1,2.to give ur offering. Heb.10:25 says as u c the day appoaching, prepared urself. God has a pattern for serving Him. No such thing as a part-time, christian, (come to church when u want to)attend when u feel like it. The bible is inspired by holy men as the Spirit moved them,the O>T> is for our learning, nothing else. We’re living the N>T>,Acts thru Jude. In the gospels, Jesus fulfilled the O>T>.

Shay

posted May 11, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Let’s all just worry about being saved and living right. Because he will come as a thief in the night, meaning no one will know the time, day or season he will come back for his people. This can be today, tonight, tomm. and so on. So, let’s just concentrate on loving the Lord and living a life that is pleasing to him. If you do that, then you will have nothing to worry about. Blessings to all!

Shay Brown

Rose Varela

posted May 11, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I most definitely agree with the writers that state that we must be ready, to live each day as if it were our last, forgive our enemies, and await our King.

Lynn McClinton

posted May 11, 2011 at 6:52 pm

New International Version (©1984)
New Living Translation (©2007)
“However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.

English Standard Version (©2001)
“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

International Standard Version (©2008)
“No one knows when that day or hour will come-not the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father,

GOD’S WORD® Translation (©1995)
“No one knows when that day or hour will come. Even the angels in heaven and the Son don’t know. Only the Father knows.

King James Bible
But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

American King James Version
But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

American Standard Version
But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only.

Bible in Basic English
But of that day and hour no one has knowledge, not even the angels in heaven, or the Son, but the Father only.

Douay-Rheims Bible
But of that day and hour no one knoweth, not the angels of heaven, but the Father alone.

Darby Bible Translation
But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of the heavens, but my Father alone.

English Revised Version

Webster’s Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament
“But as to that day and the exact time no one knows–not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

World English Bible
But no one knows of that day and hour, not even the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Young’s Literal Translation
‘And concerning that day and the hour no one hath known — not even the messengers of the heavens — except my Father only;

Barnes’ Notes on the Bible
But of that day and hour – Of the precise time of the fulfillment. The “general signs” of its approach have been given, as the budding of the fig-tree is a certain indication that summer is near; but “the precise time” is not indicated by these things. One part of their inquiry was Matthew 24:3 when those things should be. He now replies to them by saying that the precise time would not be foretold. Compare the notes at Acts 1:7.

Knoweth no man, no, not the angels – See the notes at Mark 13:32.

——————————————————————————–
Clarke’s Commentary on the Bible
But of that day and hour – Ωρα, here, is translated season by many eminent critics, and is used in this sense by both sacred and profane authors. As the day was not known, in which Jerusalem should be invested by the Romans, therefore our Lord advised his disciples to pray that it might not be on a Sabbath; and as the season was not known, therefore they were to pray that it might not be in the winter; Matthew 24:20. See on Mark 13:32 (note).

——————————————————————————–
Gill’s Exposition of the Entire Bible
But of that day and hour knoweth no man,…. Which is to be understood, not of the second coming of Christ, the end of the world, and the last judgment; but of the coming of the son of man, to take vengeance on the Jews, and of their destruction; for the words manifestly regard the date of the several things going before, which only can be applied to that catastrophe, and dreadful desolation: now, though the destruction itself was spoken of by Moses and the prophets, was foretold by Christ, and the believing Jews had some discerning of its near approach; see Hebrews 10:25 yet the exact and precise time was not known: it might have been: calculated to a year by Daniel’s weeks, but not to the day and hour; and therefore our Lord does not say of the year, but of the day and hour no man knows; though the one week, or seven years, being separated from the rest, throws that account into some perplexity; and which perhaps is on purpose done, to conceal the precise time of Jerusalem’s destruction: nor need it be wondered at, notwithstanding all the hints given, that the fatal day should not be exactly known beforehand; when those who have lived since, and were eyewitnesses of it, are not agreed on what day of the month it was; for, as Dr. Lightfoot (i) observes, Josephus (k) says,

“that the temple perished the “tenth” day of “Lous”, a day fatal to the temple, as having been on that day consumed in flames, by the king of Babylon.

And yet Rabbi Jochanan ben Zaccai, who was also at the destruction of it, as well as Josephus, with all the Jewish writers, say it was on the “ninth of Ab”; for of this day they (l) say, five things happened upon it:

“On the “ninth of Ab” it was decreed concerning our fathers, that they should not enter into the land (of Canaan), the first and second temple were destroyed, Bither was taken, and the city ploughed up.

Though the words of R. Jochanan, cited by the doctor, refer to the first, and not to the second temple, and should have been rendered thus:

“If I had been in the generation (which fixed the fast for the destruction of the first temple), I would not have fixed it but on the tenth (of Ab); for, adds he, the greatest part of the temple was burnt on that day; but the Rabbins rather regarded the beginning of the punishment (m).

And so the fasting of Rabbi, and R. Joshua ben Levi, on the “ninth” and “tenth” days, were on account of the first temple; for they were under the same difficulty about the one, as the other:

no, not the angels of heaven; who dwell there, always behold the face of God, stand in his presence ready to do his will, and are made acquainted with many of his designs, and are employed in the executing of them, and yet know not the time of God’s vengeance on the Jews; to this agrees the sense that is given of the day of vengeance in Isaiah 63:4 it is asked (n),

“what is the meaning of these words, “the day of vengeance is in my heart?” Says R. Jochanan, to my heart I have revealed it, to the members I have not revealed it: says R. Simeon ben Lakish, to my heart I have revealed it, , “to the ministering angels I have not revealed it”.

The Ethiopic version adds here, “nor the son”, and so the Cambridge copy of Beza’s; which seems to be transcribed from Mark 13:32 where that phrase stands; and must be understood of Christ as the son of man, and not as the Son of God; for as such, he lay in the bosom of the Father, and knew all his purposes and designs; for these were purposed in him: he knew from the beginning who would betray him, and who would believe in him; he knew what would befall the rejecters of him, and when that would come to pass; as he must know also the day of the last judgment, since it is appointed by God, and he is ordained to execute it: but the sense is, that as he, as man and mediator, came not to destroy, but to save; so it was not any part of his work, as such, to know, nor had he it in commission to make known the time of Jerusalem’s ruin:

but my Father only; to the exclusion of all creatures, angels and men; but not to the exclusion of Christ as God, who, as such, is omniscient; nor of the Holy Spirit, who is acquainted with the deep things of God, the secrets of his heart, and this among others,

(i) In Mark 13.32. (k) De Bello Jud. l. 6. c. 26. (l) Misu. Taanith, c. 4. sect. 7. T. Hieros. Taanioth, fol. 68. 3. & Maimon. Hilch. Taanioth, c. 5. sect. 2.((m) T. Bab, Taanith, fol. 29. 1.((n) T. Bab. Sanhedrin, fol. 99. 1.

——————————————————————————–
Geneva Study Bible
{9} But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

(9) It is sufficient for us to know that God has appointed a latter day for the restoring of all things; but when it will be is hidden from us all for our sake, so that we may be all the more watchful, so that we are not taken as those were taken in the flood years ago.

——————————————————————————–
People’s New Testament
24:36 Of that day and hour knoweth no man. How foolish then to be figuring out the time of the Lord’s coming.

——————————————————————————–
Wesley’s Notes
24:36 But of that day – The day of judgment; Knoweth no man – Not while our Lord was on earth. Yet it might be afterward revealed to St. John consistently with this.

——————————————————————————–
Scofield Reference Notes
Margin angels

See Scofield Note: “Heb 1:4″

——————————————————————————–
Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary
24:29-41 Christ foretells his second coming. It is usual for prophets to speak of things as near and just at hand, to express the greatness and certainty of them. Concerning Christ’s second coming, it is foretold that there shall be a great change, in order to the making all things new. Then they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds. At his first coming, he was set for a sign that should be spoken against, but at his second coming, a sign that should be admired. Sooner or later, all sinners will be mourners; but repenting sinners look to Christ, and mourn after a godly sort; and those who sow in those tears shall shortly reap in joy. Impenitent sinners shall see Him whom they have pierced, and, though they laugh now, shall mourn and weep in endless horror and despair. The elect of God are scattered abroad; there are some in all places, and all nations; but when that great gathering day comes, there shall not one of them be missing. Distance of place shall keep none out of heaven. Our Lord declares that the Jews should never cease to be a distinct people, until all things he had been predicting were fulfilled. His prophecy reaches to the day of final judgment; therefore he here, ver. 34, foretells that Judah shall never cease to exist as a distinct people, so long as this world shall endure. Men of the world scheme and plan for generation upon generation here, but they plan not with reference to the overwhelming, approaching, and most certain event of Christ’s second coming, which shall do away every human scheme, and set aside for ever all that God forbids. That will be as surprising a day, as the deluge to the old world. Apply this, first, to temporal judgments, particularly that which was then hastening upon the nation and people of the Jews. Secondly, to the eternal judgment. Christ here shows the state of the old world when the deluge came. They were secure and careless; they knew not, until the flood came; and they believed not. Did we know aright that all earthly things must shortly pass away, we should not set our eyes and hearts so much upon them as we do. The evil day is not the further off for men’s putting it far from them. What words can more strongly describe the suddenness of our Saviour’s coming! Men will be at their respective businesses, and suddenly the Lord of glory will appear. Women will be in their house employments, but in that moment every other work will be laid aside, and every heart will turn inward and say, It is the Lord! Am I prepared to meet him? Can I stand before him? And what, in fact, is the day of judgment to the whole world, but the day of death to every one?

Mark 13:32 “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
——————————————————————————–
Acts 1:7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.
New International Version ©1984 by Biblica

Alone Angels Exact Except Heaven Heavens Hour Knoweth Messengers

Alone Angels Exact Except Heaven Heavens Hour Messengers Time

Alone Angels Exact Except Heaven Heavens Hour Messengers Time

42,44 25:13 Zec 14:7 Mr 13:32 Ac 1:7 1Th 5:2 2Pe 3:10 Re 3:3 16:15

Bible Gateway: Matthew Chapter 24 Verse 36 NIV ESV NKJV NLT KJV Message Amplified

Alphabetical: about alone and angels but day even Father heaven hour in knows No nor not of one only or Son that the

THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by Biblica®. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

The Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188.All Rights Reserved.

The ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®) copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.

New American Standard Bible Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, Calif. All rights reserved. For Permission to Quote Information visit http://www.lockman.org.

International Standard Version Copyright © 1996-2008 by the ISV Foundation.

GOD’S WORD® is a copyrighted work of God’s Word to the Nations. Quotations are used by permission. Copyright 1995 by God’s Word to the Nations. All rights reserved.

NT Gospels: Matthew 24:36 But no one knows of that day (Matt. Mat Mt) Christian Bible Study Resources, Dictionary, Concordance and Search Tools

Matthew 24:36 Bible Software
Matthew 24:36 Biblia Paralela
Matthew 24:36 Chinese Bible
Matthew 24:36 French Bible
Matthew 24:36 German Bible
Matthew 24:36 Danish Bible
Matthew 24:36 Swedish Bible
Matthew 24:36 Norwegian Bible
Matthew 24:36 Multilingual Bible

Online Bible
This should make it pretty clear..we do not know and are not suppose to know the hour and the day..God says we are to be about doing the Lord’s work and to be ready at anytime.

Grant Grieves

posted May 11, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Just be sure you’ve accepted Jesus as your Savior … the day or hour is not important … Jesus has paid for all our sin yesterday today & forever … it’s a done deal … He don’t have to get back on the Cross again … go tell it on the mountain. All Sin is Paid For, God would have to apologize to Jesus if He is unhappy with sin in us. Know that Jesus was God in the flesh.

Colleen Leslie M.

posted May 11, 2011 at 11:55 pm

When Jesus was up on the cross, he said “it is finished.”
He had experienced the terrible agonizing reality of taking upon himself ALL of our sins, past present and future, and God the Father had turned His back and abandoned Jesus. I can’t begin to know the extent of the horror Jesus experienced. God loves us and has always loved us, and will always love us. Jesus’ sacrifice for us, his blood shed on the cross covers ALL our sin. His death and resurrection is sufficient for us. God loves ALL of us, but He can’t have sin in heaven. ALL sin must be put under Jesus blood. Those of us who do not believe, who never bother to even look into the possibility that they will suffer in the pit of fire because they think it is just foolishness, these people are the foolish. I have studied many beliefs. I am NOT the kind of person to turn my back on anyone. I (agape) love everyone. I have several friends who, because of their beliefs, may not become saved. When by believing openly,verbally, and in their hearts that God’s own Son Jesus the Christ died for us, they will be saved. Jesus will most certainly return for His church; the believers. We are to be prepared for that hour and day Jesus will return to collect us to take with Him to be with our Father God. I do not know when He’ll come, but I pray I’ll be going with him. I do not fret about it. If I am given yet another day here, I thank God for it, and pray that one by one.. everyone will choose to listen and look into God’s plan for His children. Like “Tiny Tim” said.., “..God bless us,..every one.”

Thomas

posted May 12, 2011 at 11:32 am

The Lord’s return is close, but even the Lord Jesus Christ
made no mention of knowing the very day and hour. That is
up to the Father. I guess human nature always wants a known
deadline for tax returns, term papers for school, etc.
A real demonstration of faith would be exercised in believing
he is coming back, and leaving the details up to Him. As far
as I know, he always get’s it right even without consulting me.

ron branney

posted May 12, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I’ve read and heard all of Campings messages and tracks. I’ve read all the verses shown above, studied the verses and context, prayed on them, meditated on them and listened for the messages that came my way through my heart and soul (Jesus). The answer has always been I am responsible to be Rapture Ready all day, everyday. My calendar is set up for well beyond his suggested Judgement Day (May 21, 2011). That’s the day after my Birthday. I am not concerned with anything. I am at peace with the world and my precious Jesus Christ. I concentrate on loving all people and have put the rest behind me. Love to all of you. Ron..

Jennifer

posted May 12, 2011 at 10:35 pm

yeah people are talking about it and even making websites like this one for you to come across.

Your Name

posted May 12, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Mary

posted May 19, 2011 at 9:48 pm

I’m not laughing, I’m not smiling… truth be told I am fed up with the 976 create a crisis crew.

Brings to mind the references to the responsibility of those who profess to teach the Word of God. Should be some interesting conversations when they do cross over.

Frankly they should be very very glad that I am not God.

There are enough challenges already without fear mongers masquerading as ministers of the Word.

Linda Rhiner

posted May 20, 2011 at 10:30 am

The disciples thought that Jesus would return in their lifetime. Many dates have been set, and weren’t correct. The Bible states that not even Jesus knows the hour He will return. Does this preacher think he is priviledged to know information that not even Jesus has? I think that is the height of arrogance and pride. He seems to be placing himself above Jesus! Plus, he is scaring our young ones to death! Children have enough to be afraid of in this world, they don’t need this too! We are taught by the bible to live each minute as if Jesus could return, to be ready always for that moment to happen. If we do this, we have nothing to be afraid of and will look forward to going home when the time comes. If the Lord returns Saturday, great! We go home to be with him forever and ever! But if not, and this preacher is wrong, then a lot of people will be lost forever, because they will think he is just another crackpot and will probably think the same of all Christians and the Bible. He will have the loss of many souls on his hands. Their blood will be on his hands. That is serious!

melissa

posted May 20, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I do agree with you on this Matthew
The Lord will come, but we dont know when, so we live are lives like Christ would want us to And we keep believing in him and teach others about him. And one day we will all come together and we will all be judged and those who have accepted hom into their hearts will 4-ever be in Heaven

Patty

posted May 20, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I believe that only God knows…I am concerned that this will shake the faith of the people who believe this and will shake the faith of the baby Christians who aren’t strong enough yet. I too am not going to poke fun, I will be sad for them. I will keep praying for my loved ones who have not accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour and I pray they will before that day comes when they no longer have the opportunity to accept Him. God keeps providing opportunities for us to accept Him, even when the days of tribulation come there will still be opportunities, I pray that we will all come to accept Him.

Janice

posted May 20, 2011 at 4:13 pm

While no one knows the day or time except for the Lord, I do believe that these predictions should only serve to remind us that we should be ready at any moment to meet our God and be delivered from the world as it is. As someone who has been going through some very deep spiritual renewal, I can’t tell you how much I pray that people will wake up and see what is going on around them–in their communities, in the world and in their families and their own lives. We are living in times that no one has ever experienced before. It’s a time when everything we have known is turned upside down. Because of the spiritual war that is taking place ( and yes, I believe that we are experiencing an intense spiritual war) in our lives, that people are showing themselves for who they really are. I know that people who I believed were very good friends, open, loving and giving have changed somehow and the person they really are inside is being revealed. Due to my circumstances right now, I feel just an inkling of what Job must have felt like in his time of testing but my Faith has grown so much stronger and has taken the #1 priority over all. Whether the world ends tomorrow or next week or next year, these predictions are reminders to everyone who knows God and Jesus that we should be in the process of becoming ready to move according to God’s plan.

As for the children, I hope that the parents or the guardians of the children will strive for their spiritual nourishment and knowledge of God’s promise.

M smith

posted May 20, 2011 at 6:47 pm

“Is May 21st The Finest Hour?”

We have all heard the prayer “Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be they name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.” But have you ever consider the other side; the side that is not of Heaven? The angels of Heaven can rescue, guide, and save our souls in the form of life as we know it here on Earth. So it can also be said to be the same for the “fallen” ones. Fallen ones who have the sole duty to lead our life into temptation and deliver us unto the realm of evil. We are all subjects within the midst of a constant battle between those of Heaven and those of Hell attempting to control the paths of our lives toward living as our higher selves in glory or dying in our lower selves in misery.

The Finest Hour Film takes a detailed glance at seemingly ordinary everyday events in the lives of three young couples bound by friendship. The reality is that these events are not so ordinary as the main characters fatally realize that a strange man they all encounter has offered them more than just a brief glimpse into the future of their wildest dreams; rather he has identified them as pawns in a spiritual chess match between good and evil. The question is whether this stranger is identifying them for their higher good or is he the representative of evil?

Many theorists speak of May 21st being the final days and the final battle between good from above and evil from below. Could we be living those days now? How would we actually know the role we as humans will face in this battle? Will we have a choice in the side we are on or will we be chosen by representatives of either side when the time for battle comes? Will we know the difference between the graciousness of good or will we be fooled through our hopes and dreams by the trickery of evil? From the brilliant mind of director, producer, and actor Les Shepherd, we invite you to open your mind to the future and see what is happening now. We urge you to become aware and cordially invite you to view a prophecy within The Finest Hour Film. http://www.finesthourthemovie.com

Article Written by Marcus Smith

Your Name

posted May 20, 2011 at 9:05 pm

The Lord is not here yet, and the world is not coming yet not even the 21st. Read the Bible, and learn the truth. who ever said that the world is going to end is so darn wrong. Read the Bible and learn.

sandra reynolds

posted May 20, 2011 at 9:09 pm

who ever is saying the world is going to end the 21st, your wrong.

read the bible, and learn, the truth. things are happening, but it’s not
right now.
we have a long time before this world is going to end. my friend was so upset, and told her it’s not yet, not for a long while. point blank.

monaleasa

posted May 20, 2011 at 10:43 pm

My opinion is that there is no such thing as hell, every one goes to heaven, “God made heaven and earth and it was good” no hell, therefore no rapture.
However the Mayan prediction of 12/21/12 is based on the alignment of the center of the milky way aligning with the center of the moon causing the earth to tilt on its axis, which can result in castraphopic results as far as earthquakes, volcanos, and loss of massive lives, which is what many scientists believe caused noahs flood and the ice age.
What ever you believe it is a good idea to have some sort of survial plan, whatever the event may be, mother nature is unpredictable

ray

posted May 21, 2011 at 12:10 am

Just repent and wait for the second coming, it will be a glorious a day!

Webminotaur

posted May 21, 2011 at 9:44 am

Something I notice with this blog that I also saw on another earlier blog on this subject. The topic of the original blogs concerns the followers and what happens to them if/when they find themselves still here on Sunday, May 22nd. However, the discussion centered on date setting and date setters. This blog even has one very long list of references about date setting. That’s nice, but what about the people who believe what the date setters say? How many of them may commit suicide to avoid “getting the mark of the beast” during “the great tribulation”? What about all those who sold or gave away all their earthly possessions in preparation? I tried four times to get the other blog back to the question of the followers, but was ignored – people didn’t care about them, only in expressing their own ideas about date setting. Even here I see only a couple of posters comment on the original theme of this blog.

What will all you people who are bashing date setters and calling them false prophets do early Sunday morning? Will you be out there with drums, horns, and other noisemakers laughing at those who are afraid they were left behind? Will you chase after these devastated folk and continue to quote scripture to show they were wrong?

Or will you do a truly loving act: pray for these followers in case Jesus does not return Saturday (He will come some day, why not May 21, 2011?). On May 22nd will you try to reach out to any of these followers who live near you and comfort them? If you don’t know any of the followers, will you continue to pray for their comfort?

Which would Jesus be more concerned with: those who set dates for his return, or those who are misguided and led astray? WWJD on May 21/22?

Susan Prock

posted May 21, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I am a believer. Jesus is my savior! HIS sacrafice on the cross wiped away my sins. I ask forgiveness every day. I feel I am ready.
However I do not know when the Rapture will happen. I do not believe anyone else does. The Bible says no one shall know, not even the Angles or Jesus himself! The important thing is to get right with GOD! God bless!

Phil Lord

posted May 21, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Lots of people that I know casually are talking anout this. And I didn’t know that these people beleived in the rapture before now. So use this as a opportunity to spread the truth around. Instead of making fun of it. Remember that God works in mysterious ways..

Webminotaur

posted May 21, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Thank you, Phil Lord. Your post shows the right attitude.

May 21st isn’t quite over yet, but it appears Harold Camping was wrong. Yet the work he and his followers did was not in vain. Think of the millions who found out about Jesus and that he was going to return for his own. Without Camping and his followers, most of these may never have heard this message. As Paul said about those who preach for profit: whether for profit or out of love, Jesus is still being preached. How many of you who were busy posting about how no one could predict the day or hour of Christ’s return used this publicity to spread the Gospel? Or were you too busy mocking Camping and his followers?

The job of those who truly love God is not to say, “Ha, ha. I told you so.” Rather it is to pray for those who are disolutioned and feel lost; and to be there for those we may know or meet. Whether in season or out, be ready to Preach Jesus Christ. Use this as a most opportune outreach event. I think that is the way God sees it.

Delia

posted May 22, 2011 at 2:11 am

I’m a Christian and a true believer but nobody knws when the Rapture will happen. Read your bible and learn the truth!! Stop spreading untrue stories because not even yourself knows when it’s going to happen!!! God bless you because you need it very much!!

Patsy

posted May 23, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I wonder what the followers of Harold Camping are doing today. I was wondering about the 60yr old retired guy I read about who used up his $140,000 life savings buying billboards and flyers will do now. I figured some will probably commit suicide which is the real tragedy of this event. What about the kids whose parents were involved? How will they return to school today and face their peers? We know how cruel kids can be toward each other, and that some kids can’t deal with peer pressure. We really need to pray for these peolple. Deception is deadly.

Cooper Mom

posted May 23, 2011 at 5:33 pm

All of the ramifications of this false teaching are, I believe, in part exactly why Jesus declared in Mark 13:32, …that no man knows the hour or day…not angels, not the Son, only the Father; and in Acts 1:7, Jesus states,”…it is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father put in His own power”. Why are some disregarding the Word and making predictions in spite of what God has already said? They have caused some Christinans to become confued, hurt, and disillusioned. And, may have kept some from coming to Christ because of these ridiculous predictions.

Unfortunately, that is why some Christians are living defeated lives; they are not studying the Word that God has revealed for us and live accordingly. God does not need your help!

Satan must be having a good time with all of this. Disillusioned, confused, disobedient Christinas (?) disregarding what God has said.

Damien Duffy

posted April 4, 2014 at 9:29 pm

There exists the perception through the public that safety is generally paramount… when that is just not actually the case. Safety is usually a statistical trade off towards economics… and an example is “Miracle within the Hudson”. No river nearby and rather of a miracle you’ve a catastrophe. There are several approaches that can/could be taken to mitigate these kinds of bird strike accidents but none are taken because of to expenses.